FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/

tm4tj

I thought Shane Sutherland had broken the internet, but yes this is great news after 4 days of silence.

Keith BRAY
David CARSON
Zak DELANEY
Aaron DORAN
Wallace DUFFY
Cameron HARPER
Lewis HYDE
Roddy MACGREGOR
Cameron MACKAY
Lewis NICOLSON
Max RAM
Mark RIDGERS
Mathew STRACHAN
Sean WELSH
Danny DEVINE

1 hour ago, ymip said:

Pleased to see Danny re-signing but just realised that, to the best of our collective knowledge, apart from Lewis Nicolson the entire squad is out of contract from May 2024.

You'd imagine one or two new recruits might be handed 2 year contracts but next Summer is going to be brutal in terms of turnover.

Meanwhile Dodds gets a 2 year contract until 2025....go figure 😬

Given the rising costs in wider society, the clubs finances perhaps it's a sensible-ish move to allow one final push towards promotion hopefully by winning the title. Otherwise it leaves us the option for part time without significant financial burdens and commitments.

Wouldn't be surprised if that's the case given we have IMO had a strong squad and budget to match for the last 2years and realistically blew very good chances to get out of the league given how poor it was. I think this year may be tougher but it may be 'all or nothing' time.

Edited by bdu98196

3 hours ago, ymip said:

Pleased to see Danny re-signing but just realised that, to the best of our collective knowledge, apart from Lewis Nicolson the entire squad is out of contract from May 2024.

You'd imagine one or two new recruits might be handed 2 year contracts but next Summer is going to be brutal in terms of turnover.

Meanwhile Dodds gets a 2 year contract until 2025....go figure 😬

Devine has a “conditional second year” whatever that means. The league we are in? Appearances in the 23/24 season?

Reaching a certain number of appearances often triggers entitlement to an extension (like Billy Mckay has) but with that vague statement it could be conditional upon anything, really. The weather? The price of fish?

5 hours ago, Yngwie said:

Reaching a certain number of appearances often triggers entitlement to an extension (like Billy Mckay has) but with that vague statement it could be conditional upon anything, really. The weather? The price of fish?

Apparently it's the number of macaroni pies sold in the 4th and 9th home game.  If the total is a prime number then he's good to go. 

• Funny 3

14 hours ago, lizi said:

Still no news about Nathan Shaw - I thought he came on to a good game, with confidence.   I hope he gets a contract, he deserves it.  

Pretty sure he is under contract until 2024.

• Like 1
  • Thank You 2

The CEO's statement stated that players who had been offered new contracts had been offered better terms. Billy is 34 now so is coming to the end of his career.  His record for us has been great but he has not done as well for other clubs.  He's got to balance the pros and cons of grabbing the best offer he can get (even if it means being a bench warmer next season), or being where he will be a key part of the starting 11.  I think it would be reasonable for him to take his time and see what other offers might come his way - and meanwhile see if he can squeeze a better offer from us.  Personally, I would love it if he was to have another couple of seasons with us.

• Agree 1

Given the cup final was less than 2 wks ago and depending on when the club actually submitted offers its perfectly reasonable that some including Billy are on holiday with family etc and will resolve with agent input on return. Be more concerned if we enter July and no news or feedback on players.

• Agree 3

29 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

Jake Davidson (RB) signs on a 2 year deal from Queens Park. 

Jake Davidson

Ooh that's good news in my book, a recognised RB on a 2yr deal, with a decent seasons experience at a promotion chasing club, allows Carson to focus on Right Midfield and Duffy challenging Delaney for 1st choice CB alongside Devine [I'm assuming Max Ram will continue as understudy initially], gives options to push Harper into midfield if JD goes LB [and we can still run a backline full of 'D's].  If Macgregor gets back to full fitness, midfield starting to look OK, but would be nice to hold onto Allardice. 

• Agree 3

45 minutes ago, Eagle4Caley said:

Ooh that's good news in my book, a recognised RB on a 2yr deal, with a decent seasons experience at a promotion chasing club, allows Carson to focus on Right Midfield and Duffy challenging Delaney for 1st choice CB alongside Devine [I'm assuming Max Ram will continue as understudy initially], gives options to push Harper into midfield if JD goes LB [and we can still run a backline full of 'D's].  If Macgregor gets back to full fitness, midfield starting to look OK, but would be nice to hold onto Allardice. 

The last Davidson we had at right back was the wonderful Roddie. Here's hoping he does as well.

Sounds like a good signing, and for two years too.

That may be the defence sorted, now with seven potential starting defenders, eight if we include Carson, but does it mean our chances of keeping Allardice are very slim? I can see Lewis Nicolson breaking through and establishing himself at left back this season.

Now let’s get the rest of the squad in place!

Edited by Robert

Watkins should still be a very good player in the Championship but I cannot imagine that he’d drop down to the sort of wages that we can afford. Much more likely to end up at the likes of the Dundee clubs or County if he stays in Scotland.

If Watkins is in our price range I’d snap him up. He is a confidence player who played some of his best football here and his pace troubles defences. We need creative players and he and Mckay would be potent.

• Agree 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic