FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Highland curse - Robbo

Pele_Is_God

The players he has brought in just aren't good enough, Tweed and Makel for example past their best.I would imagine Butcher will be in the running for it.

Craig Brewster/Malky Thomson? ? ? ?

Guest Arab4Ever

The players he has brought in just aren't good enough, Tweed and Makel for example past their best.I would imagine Butcher will be in the running for it.

Craig Brewster/Malky Thomson? ? ? ?

Are you suggesting that Brewster is likely to be running for the job or are you pointing out that Brewster was considering signing Tweed?

Either way I doubt Brewster will ever get a job in management again. Horrific almost describes it :007:

Just because Brewster had an unsuccessful time at Tannadice doesn't make him a bad manager.  History has taught us that the Arabs are a very difficult team to manage.

Guest kingkojak

reckon if brewster still wants to get into management then now he is going to have to start at the 2nd division at best.  

Nothing to do with DP. More the sh!*e team and the sh!*te board.
Are you trying to say that Robbo's blameless?

I think half our fans would like Robbo back incharge of ICT just because he is a known figure in football, but this shows that you can be as well known and as popular as you like but if you don't have a clue about the tactics and formations you will be found out eventually.  For me Robbo has never been a great manager, he put players in their favoured positions and let them get on with it, which can work (got us to the SPL) but when he didn't have a decent selection of players to rely on he didn't have any answers. 

Same for Brewster

I would have said Brew was a dead cert for the job, but with Terry Butcher back in the country and out of work maybe only 75% now.  Craig will be desperate to get back into management, he's enjoying playing just now, but that can't go on for ever.  He's only signed with Aberdeen until the end of the season, so there would be no issue over compensation, Malky is still looking for a full time role, so this would suit both of them.

Guest Arab4Ever

I have mate who occasionally speaks to Brewster. After being sacked by ET, Brewster apparently admitted to my mate that he wasnt cut out for management and wasnt interested in taking up another post. Wether this is actually true  - and are still his feelings remains to be seen.

Alex - that may well be the case, but he still needs to work.  I think managing at a lower level would be good for him.  He was thrown in at the deep end and possibly was lead to thinking management was a bit of a breeze after being with us.  Unfortunately he made the wrong decision in going to Utd, but I'm sure that won't be the end of his managerial career.

Seems strange that so many ex-players think they can jump straight into managing in the SPL - Brewster, Lambert, Gough to name a few.  Yes, maybe clubs love the kudos big names can bring, and push them to hard to begin at the top.  But, if you were a current SPL player wouldn't you be looking at learning your trade before playing with the big boys?

These players are brought in to ease tension with the fans, very often they are completely out-of-their-depth, have no clout to put their foot down, and end up in a mess.

Pele is absolutely flying at Peterhead (mind you, he has got half the Caley team there!), but maybe ex-players need to appreciate that everyone has a level, which may not necessarily be SPL.

Guest Arab4Ever

the first time williamson has been linked with getting a job. word on the street is that part of his compensation from his last job is that he couldnt get a new job until his contract would have expired :024:

According to an interview on Radio Scotland last night, they had 10 applicants within 15 minutes of

the announcement!

Robbo was very careful not to upset his ex-employers, wouldn't say a bad word - guess he's learnt not

to burn all his bridges eh!

Gotta say, i wouldn't be thrilled if he came back to TCS.  Thanks for the memories, but we've all moved on!