FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Arbroath away Sept 2023

tm4tj

1 hour ago, Badly_Drawn said:

And top marks to big Dunc for coming over to the fans and showing his delight at the end 👏

20230930_165546~2.jpg

That’s great to read and see. We need his passion and it’s great he appreciates our fans. I don’t think we’ve seen that consistently since Butcher’s time (I accept Yogi did occasionally).

A good start, now let’s kick on and put a run together. 

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Well Said 2

Great to get a win, and 3 goals from 3 different scorers.

Sounded like the subs were as much to do with replacing tired players/injury than anything else and hope Longstaff is ok.  From comments following the last 2 matches it sounds as if we've upped our pace, hopefully player stamina will grow along with that.

No sign of any loans coming in, so that leaves free agents if we're going to add anymore depth.

Like Ferguson's honest, no BS interviews.  Was laughing at the "what the feck type of question is that" look he was giving to some questions in his pre match, and the sympathetic smiles to the lad behind the camera who seemed to be just repeating stuff back to him in the post match.  Nowt wrong with the latter, I imagine interviewing Ferguson can be quite intimidating and he'll be shitting bigger bricks after a loss!

The only thing that would have made the day better is news that Gardiner had fallen down a large hole somewhere and could never get out.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

Great win today against the in form team of the league. We were actually ruthless for a change and took the chances given to us can't help but feel a few weeks ago we would've lost or drawn that. Actually playing from the back and we looked threatening again going forward. Seems Ferguson has made an impact already. I'm praying that it continues. 

Only issue i have which has been our main issue this season we still can't hold onto a lead..... lucky that we scored 3 or that would've been likely more points dropped. Big Duncs park the bus tactics let us down a bit in the 2nd half along with our subs. 

Nevermind we got our first league win of the season! And we should savour it next few weeks is massive for us. Partick Thistle at home then Morton away if we get at least 3 points I'll be happy 4-6 points would be just the ticket 

Edited by Super Caley Man 94
  • Like 3
  • Agree 4

Just watched the goals, and the first Arbroath goal was a rotten bit of luck to be fair. We took our 3 very well, some finish by Mckay, and good to see the goals come in different manners (set piece, good bit of wing play, and classic keeper straight to the striker). The crossing is the first thing I noticed different, not just floated balls into the box all the time.

17 games left for Dunc to better his Forest Green record!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, mazza20 said:

Just watched the goals, and the first Arbroath goal was a rotten bit of luck to be fair. We took our 3 very well, some finish by Mckay, and good to see the goals come in different manners (set piece, good bit of wing play, and classic keeper straight to the striker). The crossing is the first thing I noticed different, not just floated balls into the box all the time.

17 games left for Dunc to better his Forest Green record!

Edited by caley1

Pos Team Pld W D L F A Pts
Off the bottom at last
1. Dundee Utd 7 5 2 0 16 3 17
2. Raith Rovers 7 5 1 1 12 8 16
3. Partick Thistle 7 4 1 2 17 9 13
4. Arbroath 8 4 0 4 15 11 12
5. Airdrieonians 7 4 0 3 7 10 12
6. Dunfermline 7 3 2 2 9 8 11
7. Queens Park 8 3 0 5 11 19 9
8. Ayr United 7 2 0 5 9 16 6
9. Inverness CT 7 1 1 5 6 10 4