FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Play-off hopes

Yngwie

Today was the day that I finally gave up on us getting to the promotion play-offs.
At the end of November I was confident we could do it. End of January after the win at Raith I was hopeful. That hope has been fading through February, and now I finally accept it’s all about staying up. Offer me 8th place and I’ll take it.

Anyone else still clinging on to hope?

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Today was the day that I finally gave up on us getting to the promotion play-offs.
At the end of November I was confident we could do it. End of January after the win at Raith I was hopeful. That hope has been fading through February, and now I finally accept it’s all about staying up. Offer me 8th place and I’ll take it.

Nope, gave up today too.

I'm actually thinking a spell in Div 1 may be a good reset for the team - get rid of all the baggage, loanees, mercenaries, hangers-on, etc.

Put out a team made up of our own players - local lads with a passion for the team and for Inverness. And let them grow with the team. Promotion to Championship eventually, in their own time. Might be the only affordable option at the end of the day.

Still hoping we can survive in the Championship though, although on current form I wouldn't fancy our chances against a fired-up Falkirk in the play-offs!

And the Fergie thing - our saviour etc. It's just a myth! He's no better than Dodds.

• Like 1

Fair to say they are dead, but with only 3 points between 5th and 9th everyone excluding top 4 is in a relegation battle.

Not suggesting all is rosy at all, however if anyone wants to revisit the expectation when Dunc came in, the majority was mid table 5th to 8th range. Not sure why so many are disappointed and expecting more.

Its apparent with the clear out of experienced or higher earning players in exchange for loans that we will either be paying little or nothing there is an agenda to cut playing costs too. Would we be in this position with Dodds and his team, who knows but doubt we'd be much better off if at all.

Edited by bdu98196
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, buckett said:

Nope, gave up today too.

I'm actually thinking a spell in Div 1 may be a good reset for the team - get rid of all the baggage, loanees, mercenaries, hangers-on, etc.

Put out a team made up of our own players - local lads with a passion for the team and for Inverness. And let them grow with the team. Promotion to Championship eventually, in their own time. Might be the only affordable option at the end of the day.

Still hoping we can survive in the Championship though, although on current form I wouldn't fancy our chances against a fired-up Falkirk in the play-offs!

And the Fergie thing - our saviour etc. It's just a myth! He's no better than Dodds.

Noooooo I remember the same thing being said when Foran was manager! A spell in Championship what we need....well that's turned out just great eh. I have no wish for us to play in Div 1 

• Like 1
  • Agree 7
  • Well Said 2
  • Thoughtful 1

5 hours ago, Yngwie said:

Jesus Christ! The playoffs were dead and buried at Xmas! 

we will be in League 1 next season 

• Sad 1

Absolute madness to want to drop to League 1 for 'reboot'. 

Part time football would be an almost certainty if that happened. That said we can't even beat a PT team with our plucky band of loanees. 

Fear not though, Gardiner will have a plan. Like the concerts, or the freeport or the battery farm! 

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1

16 hours ago, Yngwie said:

Outstanding bait Yngwie 👍

Dougal