SHOULD I STAY OR SHOULD I GO ?

SHOULD I STAY OR SHOULD I GO ?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Its always tease, tease, tease - you're happy when I'm on my knees - one day its fine and then its black - so IF you want me off your back - well come on and let me know

• STAY - HOME AND AWAY
    • AWAY ONLY
    • GONE ALTOGETHER
    • STILL NOT SURE

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/28/2024 at 08:00 PM

As things stand and with Gardiner and Ferguson still hanging around like a stinky *****. I won't be renewing my season ticket. Making away games is a rarity for me with family and coaching commitments but if I can make the odd one I will. 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

I know I’ll be in a small minority here but I’ll support the team regardless of where their training facility is, be it Fort George, Kelty or the moon. I think it should be in Inverness but there are things that matter much more to me like seeing an ICT team playing entertaining football, showing passion and commitment, and winning matches. Training location does not determine those things.

This season we had a team who did live and train in Inverness and they were pretty awful. More concerningly they offered no passion, no indication of playing for the city, the fans, or the badge, culminating in the shameful capitulation against Hamilton. Training in Inverness did not prevent that. It’s far more important for me that we have the right players and the right manager and we don’t currently have either. That for me is the biggest deterrent to going to more games.

I acknowledge that I don’t live in Inverness and I understand that those who do will attach much more importance to feeling an affiliation with players who live locally. I want that too, of course, community connection is very important and something the current regime has failed miserably at.

Whatever happens I am still an ICT fan and won’t stop being one just because the current custodians of the club have done something I don’t like.

Edited by Yngwie
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Well Said 2
  • Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

I know I’ll be in a small minority here but I’ll support the team regardless of where their training facility is, be it Fort George, Kelty or the moon. I think it should be in Inverness but there are things that matter much more to me like seeing an ICT team playing entertaining football, showing passion and commitment, and winning matches. Training location does not determine those things.

This season we had a team who did live and train in Inverness and they were pretty awful. More concerningly they offered no passion, no indication of playing for the city, the fans, or the badge, culminating in the shameful capitulation against Hamilton. Training in Inverness did not prevent that. It’s far more important for me that we have the right players and the right manager and we don’t currently have either. That for me is the biggest deterrent to going to more games.

I acknowledge that I don’t live in Inverness and I understand that those who do will attach much more importance to feeling an affiliation with players who live locally. I want that too, of course, community connection is very important and something the current regime has failed miserably at.

Whatever happens I am still an ICT fan and won’t stop being one just because the current custodians of the club have done something I don’t like.

Although the recent Kelty nonsense has deflated me further I made the decision some time ago I would not renew if Gardiner is still employed regardless of other circumstances. I won't keep giving my money while that clown is in charge and bit by bit destroying the club. Scot 'WATP' Gardiner has made it abundantly clear he has no intention of listening to or trying to connect with fans, the Supporters Trust or anyone. The only power I have is to withdraw my custom.

To do otherwise in my mind is to condone the direction he (and Morrison) are taking the club. I'm a busy bloke at the weekend anyway and have plenty other things I can do. Maybe even take in a Clach game or two. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 7

Myself and northstandfan (Son) have discussed it and after 20 years season tickets.  Merchandise. Food and drinks at every game. We’ve decided no more. We will never give the club a penny as long as the current regime is in charge. It’s only two of us bit over 20 years it’s many thousands and I’m sure I won’t be the only one. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Well Said 2

Posted (edited)

I'm not renewing my Season Ticket til Gardiner and the Flying Circus has left. Happy to go away games, but Clach will be getting my money for a season ticket, and ICT will be getting zilch, bar the one off where I'll pay at gate. Those muppets don't deserve a freckle from us, who've each put thousands of pounds into the club over the years, not when they fail to treat anyone with even a shred of respect.

Edited by Jack Waddington
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2

Maybe I'll just be selfish and get the grounds I've never been to in the book. Montrose, Annan (a home game for me :rotflmao:), Dumbarton, Cove Rangers and...yes....Kelty Hearts. :ictscarf:

7 minutes ago, Gringo said:

Maybe I'll just be selfish and get the grounds I've never been to in the book. Montrose, Annan (a home game for me :rotflmao:), Dumbarton, Cove Rangers and...yes....Kelty Hearts. :ictscarf:

I watched one of my friends play Kelty a few seasons back in the Junior cup. (My only time winning a 50/50 draw) I didn’t ever imagine they’d be playing us, never mind sharing training facilities. 

• Like 1

My naive hope was that the backlash would go viral and force those who wield power into a shameful reversal. Realistically, they will just weather the criticism. As such I think the only way we can save our club is a complete boycott. A home crowd of zero would be send a message that could not be ignored. Could be viewed as embarrassing stuff, yes, but could also be viewed as a powerful show of solidarity. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, Gringo said:

I was thinking exactly the same .. is there a season ticket option for the supporters bus I wonder 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, ICTPaisley said:

Pretty embarrassing stuff from our fans if they are planning on staying away all together.

Not a decision I've taken lightly, having had a season ticket for 20+ years.

I'm embarrassed at the way the club is being run and the only way I feel I can protest is by not renewing my tickets.

I'll be back when the ceo and management are away.

• Like 2
  • Well Said 2

I hear you, but my hope is that the club might be forced into action given the strength of feeling of its fans.

The ceo has already contributed to a decline in the club’s revenue, through creating ill will towards the club amongst the local business community, and his latest proposal is likely to  exacerbate that!

• Agree 3

20 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

The order in which things will eventually disappear if the club is starved of revenue:

1. Players

2. The club itself

3. Scot Gardiner

I also hear you but I'm done with the whole s**t show. I'm not contributing one penny to the madness they've created 

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

It's with heavy heart that I will NOT be renewing my season ticket but as long as Gardiner and Co are still there I am not giving the club a penny more.  They have trashed the club and this idea is crazy and will not work!  I would rather watch our youngsters playing for the team at a lower level or if the club folds due to these clowns including other board members who agreed with this plan I might go and watch Clach.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

7 hours ago, Yngwie said:

The order in which things will eventually disappear if the club is starved of revenue:

I hear you but if the CEO et al decide to, effectively, cut off the food supply chain then the blame falls on them and not the fans.

• Agree 3

9 hours ago, Yngwie said:

1. Players

2. The club itself

3. Scot Gardiner

Then more fool them if they continue to ignore the fans.

Read the room.  A sizeable portion of an already diminishing fanbase are saying they'd rather have no club than support the abomination it has/is becoming.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

I can't remember who initially suggested it but I could also see that this a petulant slight against the Council for the Battery Farm - as a true narcissist would carry through. A contingency plan ? I now hope more than ever that the Battery Farm monies come through as that is the only way we will get rid of Gardiner. So withold the Season ticket purchases till then ? This all has the political feel of making a decision, riding the storm and hoping it will have to be accepted in the long run. Oh dear are they mistaken. And this MUST have been a board decision and wouldn't it be great to know who voted yes and no. And there must have been the threat of very serious repercussions if this was kept top secret. So we know you read this GB - so sign in and share the gossip.

• Agree 3

58 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

I can't remember who initially suggested it but I could also see that this a petulant slight against the Council for the Battery Farm - as a true narcissist would carry through. A contingency plan ? I now hope more than ever that the Battery Farm monies come through as that is the only way we will get rid of Gardiner. So withold the Season ticket purchases till then ? This all has the political feel of making a decision, riding the storm and hoping it will have to be accepted in the long run. Oh dear are they mistaken. And this MUST have been a board decision and wouldn't it be great to know who voted yes and no. And there must have been the threat of very serious repercussions if this was kept top secret. So we know you read this GB - so sign in and share the gossip.

Problem is the club doesn't own the battery farm anymore? Have a look on companies house? How and why was this changed? 

2 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

I fully believe that Gardiner would put his own ego and narcissistic tendency before the good of the club. The board are acting as a bunch of enablers for it. 

Can anyone actually state anything good and positive he's brought to the club during his tenure? Getting Puma as kit manufacturer maybe? 

Can't think of fk all but maybe I'm blinded by my disdain for him. 

32 minutes ago, Fraz said:

Can anyone actually state anything good and positive he's brought to the club during his tenure? Getting Puma as kit manufacturer maybe? 

Must have been before his pet club switched to Castore

16 hours ago, RednBlackComeback said:

Not a decision I've taken lightly, having had a season ticket for 20+ years.

I'm embarrassed at the way the club is being run and the only way I feel I can protest is by not renewing my tickets.

I'll be back when the ceo and management are away.

Never thought I would say it, but I am coming round to the same point of view.

My view has been that whilst I may disagree with much of what the management are doing, it is important to support our team on the park.  The team on the park should be the focal point of the club, but if these awful plans get implemented, the players on the park will have very little to do with the club or the area in which it is in.  They will live and train down south and be bussed to and from the stadium every 2 weeks like a bunch of mercenaries.  They won't be OUR team.

Why should I pay money to fund something I strongly disagree with?  My season ticket money (and more) will be available to the club when those who are currently ruining the club are out of the door.

• Well Said 9

Whether you’re a fan of training in central Scotland or not, the alarming issue is if enough supporters boycott, then there won’t be a club left. 

I feel strongly that we should support the team through thick and thin. If you really don’t like the training idea or if you really want certain figures gone, then perhaps try something else. Maybe protest at the matches. But the danger here is if enough regular season ticket holders boycott, then once the boycott ends there won’t be an ICT left. 

Depriving the club of money risking it going bust is certainly a bold move to get rid of the current CEO / Chairman / Manager / whoever else.

They will be gone, but at this rate so will ICT. I think everyone really needs to take stock here.

• Disagree 2