Aaron Doran

Lots of talk of being embarrassed at being an #ICTFC fan on other threads but it is things like this that still make me proud to be one.

We rose as a COMMUNITY of fans, current and former team-mates, club staff (past and present), families of all of the above, and, it has to be said, also several football journalists to donate to this cause initiated by a former team-mate who himself went through injury hell and didn't get the support he needed and should have received from the club. £7K in less than 24 hours is great. Aaron will get his op and whether or not he plays football again, he should at least be able to play with his kids, which the article said he couldn't even do right now. That's the least he should expect after almost a decade and a half of loyal service. Look at the list of names in there and you will see many folks whose names you recognise but you may also notice - unless donating anonymously - the glaring lack of any names you might hope had developed a conscience and personally donated to the cause even if the club couldn't or wouldn't. 

I AM proud to be an ICT supporter because it means i can stand with and mingle with people like our supporters and others in our team's COMMUNITY. The ineptitude, inefficiency and seemingly utter disregard for our club from those who should be speaking now will not deter me from that. THEY are not the club. WE are the club, whether we have been here for 30 minutes or 30 years. 

• Agree 2
  • Well Said 16

Some familiar names on the list of donors. Scott Allardice, Robbie Deas, Cammy Harper and Roddy MacGregor. Also in there are the likes of Tom Grivosti, Lewis Vaughan and John Souttar who appears to have donated £250 which is very generous!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RiG said:

Some familiar names on the list of donors. Scott Allardice, Robbie Deas, Cammy Harper and Roddy MacGregor. Also in there are the likes of Tom Grivosti, Lewis Vaughan and John Souttar who appears to have donated £250 which is very generous!

Lewis Vaughan knows more than anyone regarding this kind of injury. I believe he has already been through 3 with Raith.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ClickbaitProponent said:

If I got injured in my line of work I would be expecting the company to ensure I was put right even if that is 3 times.

Depends what line of work you're in I suppose.

Although if you're getting injured so much at work I'd expect some retraining and/or investigations. 

Was happy to donate, and its wonderful to see so many people including ICT players and ex-players, and other clubs fans supporting this

This has reminded me of Tom Walsh's travails, I saw him go off at Partick Thistle in the play-off game, and he has gone through hell since, anyone know what his current situation is

On 6/12/2024 at 8:34 AM, RiG said:

Getting close to £10K now and if displayed names are genuine, there are some pretty recognisable names in there, including former club officials and staff, two former managers, and one assistant, players going back from now to 15+ years ago and even possibly one of our former CEOs or someone with the same name at least (no, not the current or recent CEOs).  

• Like 1