FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for Motherwell [merged]

davieB

From P&J Online......

Charlie Christie will not make wholesale changes to his Caley Thistle team for tomorrow's trip to Motherwell.

In the aftermath of the Highland club's opening day 3-0 defeat at home to Rangers, the Inverness manager hinted he would change personnel for the Fir Park encounter.

But he is intent on giving the majority of the starting XI a chance to redeem themselves after their below-par display in the season opener.

One change could be the inclusion of Romanian forward Marius Niculae, who was given clearance to play for Caley Jags at an SFA tribunal on Wednesday.

"It would be ludicrous to make wholesale changes at this stage," said Christie.

"We have midfield options but the potential options up front are out of my hands. I will certainly look at making one or two changes, but I have also to give players the opportunity to bounce back.

"The good thing about our players is they do not usually have a run of bad games. I would say we are among three or four Premier League teams who had a disappointing start to the campaign."

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And here's me thinking Roy McBain would get dropped after saturday :023:

Ah well, the likes of Zander and Markus better bring a blanket to make themselves comfy on the bench.

Back to the norm of last season  :tic01:

From P&J Online......

Charlie Christie will not make wholesale changes to his Caley Thistle team for tomorrow's trip to Motherwell.

In the aftermath of the Highland club's opening day 3-0 defeat at home to Rangers, the Inverness manager hinted he would change personnel for the Fir Park encounter.

But he is intent on giving the majority of the starting XI a chance to redeem themselves after their below-par display in the season opener.

One change could be the inclusion of Romanian forward Marius Niculae, who was given clearance to play for Caley Jags at an SFA tribunal on Wednesday.

"It would be ludicrous to make wholesale changes at this stage," said Christie.

"We have midfield options but the potential options up front are out of my hands. I will certainly look at making one or two changes, but I have also to give players the opportunity to bounce back.

"The good thing about our players is they do not usually have a run of bad games. I would say we are among three or four Premier League teams who had a disappointing start to the campaign."

What is the point in him saying on thing one day then completely going against it only a few days later?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t..._ct/6931269.stm

If you're turning up to games with that sort of attitude then I stick by my original statement... it's not just criticism, you are jumping on the bandwagon by getting on this lad's back.  If you would prefer to walkout rather than get behind the team then do so.. just seems like a very wanky attitude! 

If you are so offended by that one comment then think how McAllister must feel when he sees all the cr@p that you and your merry men have been writing on a daily basis.

If you're turning up to games with that sort of attitude then I stick by my original statement... it's not just criticism, you are jumping on the bandwagon by getting on this lad's back.  If you would prefer to walkout rather than get behind the team then do so.. just seems like a very wanky attitude! 

If you are so offended by that one comment then think how McAllister must feel when he sees all the cr@p that you and your merry men have been writing on a daily basis.

No bandwagon here, I've not rated him since he broke through to the first team. I mind being pissed off when Brewster selected him ahead of Wyness for a game away to Aberdeen a couple of christmas's ago(Dargo had concussion I think)....and he was pish that day too. Nothing's changed in three seasons IMO And just because most fans can see what's blatently obvious....that the lad's not good enough, doesn't mean anyone's on any bandwagon.

My comment had more to do with CC's comments. One day he says there'll be wholesale changes, the next he talks about giving the players a second chance. If that includes giving Rory his umpteenth chance, then I'll seriously question his managerial credentials......something I've not done once yet.

If Rory wants to make it in this game, then he'd best develop a thick skin, because I'm sure he'll get a lot worse in his career than anything that's been written on here. If he can't take it, he's in the wrong game.....he's being paid better than most people, to do a job most blokes can only dream about.  The people who pay his wages, the fans, have every right to criticise him or any other player, they perceive as not doing well enough. I'd expect exactly the same if I wasn't doing my job very well too.

Oh....I'm pretty thick skinned myself, so hurling out the insults doesn't offend me in the slightest. Just because someone doesn't agree with your point of view though, doesn't mean they're wrong and you're right....or vica-versa, we're all managers in our heads, and each of us has our opinions. Thankfully they're all different, that's what makes the game so compulsive, and that's why forums like this provide us with the opportunity to air ALL our views.

Cheers.

No bandwagon here, I've not rated him since he broke through to the first team. I mind being pissed off when Brewster selected him ahead of Wyness for a game away to Aberdeen a couple of christmas's ago(Dargo had concussion I think)....and he was pish that day too. Nothing's changed in three seasons IMO And just because most fans can see what's blatently obvious....that the lad's not good enough, doesn't mean anyone's on any bandwagon.

So you were on his back from the start... you should be proud to be one of the first!

My comment had more to do with CC's comments. One day he says there'll be wholesale changes, the next he talks about giving the players a second chance. If that includes giving Rory his umpteenth chance, then I'll seriously question his managerial credentials......something I've not done once yet.

Bayne is just back from injury and Niculae hasn't seen first team football in almost a year, so we are kind of short of options.  I agree though McAllister had a rotten game last week but so did half the team CC didn't name McAllister as one of the players he had stayed loyal to.. or one of the players he want's to change.

If Rory wants to make it in this game, then he'd best develop a thick skin, because I'm sure he'll get a lot worse in his career than anything that's been written on here. If he can't take it, he's in the wrong game.....he's being paid better than most people, to do a job most blokes can only dream about.  The people who pay his wages, the fans, have every right to criticise him or any other player, they perceive as not doing well enough. I'd expect exactly the same if I wasn't doing my job very well too.

Have you ever seen Rory not give his all or go in half hearted for a challenge? He seems to be trying harder each game, probably due to the criticism he receives here.  It is all very good criticising a player but it's almost a hate campaign.  Leaving a game because he starts a match?? 

Oh....I'm pretty thick skinned myself, so hurling out the insults doesn't offend me in the slightest. Just because someone doesn't agree with your point of view though, doesn't mean they're wrong and you're right....or vica-versa, we're all managers in our heads, and each of us has our opinions. Thankfully they're all different, that's what makes the game so compulsive, and that's why forums like this provide us with the opportunity to air ALL our views.

Cheers.

Point taken, but surely you can't see any benefit in abusing our own player? It's bad enough when fans from other teams give them abuse on match day they don't need it from inside the ranks as well.