FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

What other teams do you support?

IcyTea

I'll stuck here in the heat of Marseille on holiday, so fortunately missed the huns game but am planning to go to the Marseille/Remmes game this Saturday.

Marseille are my second team as my wife comes from here. I have been to a few games and the atmosphere is amazing; the supporters have their own PA system and DJ, and guess what? They are aloud to stand up!! What a noise they generate.

Anyway, it got me thinking what other teams do you guys support after our beloved ICT and why?

I have a soft spot for Clach probably because my late father, who was a native Markincher, followed them and because they are the only Highland League team left in Inverness.

For no logical reason, I also follow the fortunes of Preston North End and Yeovil Town.

I'll stuck here in the heat of Marseille on holiday, so fortunately missed the huns game but am planning to go to the Marseille/Remmes game this Saturday.

Marseille are my second team as my wife comes from here. I have been to a few games and the atmosphere is amazing; the supporters have their own PA system and DJ, and guess what? They are aloud to stand up!! What a noise they generate.

Anyway, it got me thinking what other teams do you guys support after our beloved ICT and why?

Ha Ha Im a Girondins de Bordeaux fan and they do the exact same thing. My dad lives there and whenever I go to visit, I pop along to one of their games. Strangest stadium in the world but I love it anyway.

I also check Arsenal results from time to time.

I lived in Lille for a year and went to a lot of their games. They were terrible at the time and narrowly avoided relegation that year, but I recall a good win over the Marseille team that won the champions league. I still look out for their results and occassionally see a live game on Setanta.

My dad used to take me to Roker Park when we were down visiting his relatives in that part of the world, so Sunderland are my "English team". I remember once we sneaked out of a wedding, into a taxi, and made it in time for kick-off. There weren't any other kilts on the terraces that day. Never been to the Stadium of Light though.

Bristol Rovers...me home city club here, also my lads team Avon Athletic under 10's

Attended the Clach game on saturday after the big match and was given a free shirt for the lad....top stuff, so will keep an eye on their progress from now on.

Also follow the fortunes of Exeter City having lived in Exmouth for a couple of years.

Guest pompeyjags

Portsmouth for me as thats where my dad is from. from time to time i keep a look out for energie cottbus results cuz they are the first team i went when i started playing football manager... :024:

Caley Thistle of course ..... and Toronto FC since i now live here. Amazing to have been present at the birth of not one but two teams who have been a breath of fresh air to their respective leagues.

Found myself in Tyneside many years ago so went along to see Newcastle at St. James Park.

They had two pint-sized strikers - a Brazilian called Mirandinha and a Jock called John Robertson! They'd just sold Gazza to Spurs and they were absolutely dire.

Week after week I went along to see them in the vain hope of seeing them scoring a goal.

Finally, I think it was the 6th or 7th game I saw, against Liverpool, and my mate who was a lifelong Liverpool supporter insisted on going to the away end. Unbelievably it was from there that I saw my first ever Newcastle goal, by Mirandinha if I remember correctly.

The absolute joy, euphoria even, and relief I felt had to be hastily suppressed as I reminded myself that I was a lone Geordie supporter surrounded by 6000 pissed-off Scousers.

That game ended a 2-2 draw, but it was a flash in the pan. Newcastle got relegated that year, but I've followed them ever since.

Over the years I've supported a number of teams, mostly depending on where I lived but I am first and foremost a football supporter.

I was taken to my first Clach game in 1949 - my godfather was an ardent Clach fan.

A few years later I was converted to Caley who have been my number one team since.

As a teenager in the fifties we were expected to have a senior team to support and I chose Motherwell 'cos I liked their style of play.  they had a fantastic team in the late 50's and early 60's.

When I lived in Edinburgh I supported Hibs.

In the Jock Stein era and for many years after, Celtic were my 'big' team but I kept on supporting the teams near where I lived including, QPR, Chelsea, Stafford Rangers, Ajax, Feyenoord, Newcastle and Ipswich.

However, since returning to Inverness about 7 years ago ICT have been my BIG team.

This doesn't stop me from going to other games if I can't get to ours and on Saturday I went to Dingwall after the Huns game to support our local rrivals.  Last year when we beat the Huns at Ibrox I was at Dingwall for hospitality and had the nerve to wear my ICT tie which gave me great pleasure as 4 of the other guys at our table were Rangers fans.

boca juniors will forever have a place in my heart, biggest bet ive ever placed and won was on them 4-5 years ago

had them to win the coppa lib from the quarter final stage at 9/4...  they had crap teams until the final, where they beat santos 5-1 over two legs, remember they went 2-0 up after 12 minutes  :017:

quite like going inter milan in pro evo if that counts as supporting somebody else

and of course clach, grew up as a ferryite with a a few guys who follow them everywhere in the HL, some of the few football fans i have total respect and all the time in the world for

Portsmouth

Unfortunately, I was born near Pompey, Gosport in fact, and as a young loon visited relations in Portsmouth a few times.

But I am better now, I was only there for a few weeks before being smuggled North to Grantown.

My Highland league team was Clach, bottom of the league just about, but rose to Champions in 74. The Charlie Kennedy Ray Mackintosh era brought a plethora of goals and in the Scottish cup thereabouts the great South hopes Gala Fairydean came North boasting that the Highlanders would be subdued, not so, Clach humped them something like seven or eight one.

Barcelona appeal to me as well, mainly for their style of play and great players they have had over the years.

Grantown United, few lads from the pub formed them, we lost more than we won.....well we lost them all, but it was fun :029:

Feyenoord because I enjoy the fans passion and like the way they play, also Elgin City because my family over the years were avid fans, my great grandfathre was on the board of directors and reegularly drove the team around. His picture is still up in the board rooom at Burugh Briggs. In fact my grandmother told mme the other day about when they went to Buckie for a match on the supporters bus and a bunch of local children surrounded it and began to rock it, some things never change.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Arab4Ever

part time Cobh Ramblers fan. and when i was wee i was a part time ICT fan as well, hey at least I saw the light you could say :022: