FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Scottish Cup

SMEE

Has the format changed for the early rounds? I swear I just saw Highland leage teams mentioned on Sky Sports News under Scots Cup tab. There seemed to be a few all highland league ties but there was one or two like Huntly vs Whitehill Welfare type games am sure:024:

Am not imagining it after all............Clach are playing Edinburgh City....its Lossie playing Whitehill Welfare....and I think Forres are playing Girvan. But there are piles of Highland League teams. Not like the Old days where only the Semi Finalists of The Qualifying Cup were in the comp :017:

Yes. First Round draw :

Brora Rangers v Cove Rangers

Golspie Sutherland v Preston Athletic

Coldstream v Dalbeattie Star

Glasgow University v Buckie Thistle

Wigtown & Bladnoch v Burntisland

Shipyard Civil Service Strollers v Selkirk

Fort William v Spartans

Newton Stewart v Linlithgow Rose

Vale of Leithen v Gala Fairydean

Wick Academy v Deveronvale Culter v Hawick Royal Albert

Rothes v Nairn County

St Cuthbert Wanderers v Pollok

Fraserburgh v Huntly

Girvan v Forres Mechanics

Lossiemouth v Whitehill Welfare

Clachnacuddin v Edinburgh City

Edinburgh University received a bye

Letting the top juniors in is a step forward. They should let more in (only 3 this year instead of 4, as Linlithgow Rose qualify on 2 counts).

They will leather Newton Stewart about 12-0, you heard it here first. Same with Pollok v St Cuthberts.

Not so sure about the new format though, many of these clubs will struggle to afford the bus for these North/South clashes.

Lossie should beat Whitehill, who are a shadow of the team of the late 90s who won at Elgin & Fraserburgh.

I think the Clach tie will be very close- how about an early kick-off to avoid ICT v Falkirk- but Fort William have a mountain to climb!

So would I. It must be nearly twenty years since I was last at Station Park.

It hasn't changed much :015:

Actually it's quite tidy and the playing surface is superb.

station_park.jpg

Yeah not changed one bit

Still nice to see that they are attracting huge numbers of fans though :rotflmao:

Quality not quantity  :015:

That was just the attendance to watch the groundsman cutting he grass on a Tuesday afternoon.