FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Section G

MacBandy

Sorry for starting a new topic but didn't want this to get lost in the IHE/Johndo debate.

Regardless of the rights and wrongs of that one PLEASE don't give up on section G lads.

I am an old fart with a young son a few rows in front of the 'new' singing section. The language isn't that bad and if I don't like it I can always move to the family section...that is what it is for. My son has been briefed that football is the one place I will not tell people around us to refrain from bad language as they get passionate about the game...they are supposed to! I sit behind the goal FOR the amosphere, traditionally in every club the world over behind the goals is where the passion and atmosphere is.

You boys at the back of section G have AT LAST started to get some atmosphere in a ground that sorely needs it. I for one find it improves my Saturday afternoon and I know ALL the others around me agree (and for the first time they joined in the singing). People have every right to demand that they sit in the seat they have bought but not that you should be quiet!

Did you notice how our subs warming up applauded your efforts? How often over the years are we told time and time again, by players, that fans can lift their performance?

Regardless of the ins and outs and politics of it you are making a big improvement to the atmosphere at our club, improving the match day experience and in all probability making it, even if only in the minutist of ways, a better club to play for.

You need to be behind the goal in the north stand, you need to be all together. You ARE appreciated and those few who might not will get used to you.

Please STAY where you are and KEEP SINGING!!

Guest birdog

Sorry for starting a new topic but didn't want this to get lost in the IHE/Johndo debate.

Regardless of the rights and wrongs of that one PLEASE don't give up on section G lads.

I am an old fart with a young son a few rows in front of the 'new' singing section. The language isn't that bad and if I don't like it I can always move to the family section...that is what it is for. My son has been briefed that football is the one place I will not tell people around us to refrain from bad language as they get passionate about the game...they are supposed to! I sit behind the goal FOR the amosphere, traditionally in every club the world over behind the goals is where the passion and atmosphere is.

You boys at the back of section G have AT LAST started to get some atmosphere in a ground that sorely needs it. I for one find it improves my Saturday afternoon and I know ALL the others around me agree (and for the first time they joined in the singing). People have every right to demand that they sit in the seat they have bought but not that you should be quiet!

Did you notice how our subs warming up applauded your efforts? How often over the years are we told time and time again, by players, that fans can lift their performance?

Regardless of the ins and outs and politics of it you are making a big improvement to the atmosphere at our club, improving the match day experience and in all probability making it, even if only in the minutist of ways, a better club to play for.

You need to be behind the goal in the north stand, you need to be all together. You ARE appreciated and those few who might not will get used to you.

Please STAY where you are and KEEP SINGING!!

:cheer01: :cheer01: :clapping02: :clapping02: :clapping02: :clapping01: :clapping01: :clapping04: :clapping04: :clapping04: :clapping04: :cheer01: :cheer01: :cheer01:

Totally agree!    Section G, North Stand, is where I sit and where I will remain.  The atmosphere is good, the craic is sometimes priceless and long may it continue. 

I don't understand the Main Stand people saying "we don't hear the singing" - if you don't, then give a miss to the rain, sun in your eyes, wind in your face, sweet paper rattling, and come and join us in the North Stand, with singing, clapping, stamping, and all.    That's what football is all about.  We also have the advantage of craic with the subs and see (perhaps) what the dugouts are up to!

Where were the drums? last Saturday - we miss the drums, bring them back pronto! please boys.   

Also, I was "clocked" by Johndo but unfortunately his stay at the Stadium was limited - perhaps we will be introduced at another game?  Aw Gawd - what have I let myself in for? (Maimie - you will owe me!)

The players always applaud those singing. Of course it helps if they are signing about the players going past, like Deano in the case of Saturday.

Prunty used to bare his backside to us when we had the drums and had that Prunty, Prunty shows yer arse song  :015:

Prunty used to bare his backside to us when we had the drums and had that Prunty, Prunty shows yer arse song  :015:

it was funny RIG but prob not appropriate in front of the family section nor in these times when someone could take offence and report the player to the police for indecent exposure....