FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Stripes or Block Coloured Shirts

Guest TinCanFan

What kind of ICT shirts would you prefer?  

180 members have voted

1. 1.

• Stripes
    • Block Colour
    • Switch Around

Guest TinCanFan

Apparently ICT are deciding whether to keep their kits as striped or as a block colour.  What would you prefer?  For me, stripes.

Has to be (vertical) stripes for me ....

A predominantly solid red or blue kit makes us look too much like other teams in the SPL. I would have no problem if we wanted to alternate our away kit in blue or red/black but our main kit and main identity is both red and blue and that has to be accomodated.

Guest TinCanFan

Have to agree with that and apparently ICT are the only team in Scotland and one of the only teams in Europe that play in red in blue stripes.  Also I hope ICT don't try fully blue shirts with red trimmings because then they'd look like a cross between Rangers and the England cricket team.

Guest TinCanFan

The 2005/2006 shirt is the complete double of the England cricket team from a couple of years ago and the 2003/2004 is just like the Rangers one from the season before.

What does a "Switch Around" strip look like?  :023:

I like stripes (horizontal or vertical) and think that the Rugby Top they did was pretty good looking as well and the design could be used for a strip.  Have never been a fan of solid colours, but strangely I think the Black Away strip is the dogs danglies and the previous white one wasn't too bad either.

You can do a lot with stripes, this is our 5th variation, and in terms of "Branding" it does no harm to stick with the one concept.

Guest TinCanFan

What I mean by switching around is have two seasons with stripes and then have another two seasons with a solid colour which seems to be happening just now.

tend to agree with what a few folk have said already.

Our "brand" is, or should be, red/blue vertical stripes in some form or another and we have had a few different types of stripes over the last few years ! I would say no to horizontal stripes (a.k.a. 'hoops'  :018:) as not only do they look naff, but for the more rotund of us, horizontal stripes emphasise our beer fuelled curves  :023:

If we want to pay homage to the teams that preceded Caledonian Thistle, then we can do that using the away top. I agree that this season's black away top looks **** good, so perhaps the next version could be retro Red/Black verticals, and the one after that could be a bit more like our 1994/95 top .....

why not a checkered red & blue something like Blackburn Rovers or the ICT tartan? I thought the Morton tartan strip looked good.

maybe we could add Vladimir's "sporran" shorts and make ourselves look like real teuchters  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

i quite like the idea of blue and red hoops, like th rugby top we had afew season back.

i'm not a fan of this seasons shirt but i personally really liked the 1997/99 shirt. the blue and white stripes with thiner red stripes and black trim. i thought that is one of our smartest shirts due to it having a good proportion of all 4 colours!!

i've always thought the paris saint germain shirt was quite smart. we could copy it and have blue with a vertical red stripe down the centre with white and black trim somewhere. how about that??

i quite like the idea of blue and red hoops, like th rugby top we had afew season back.

we get slagged of for our tops looking like rangers or england cricket teams, do we need to add another level where people think we are a rugby team !!! St Mirren would have a field day if Tokely stepped out a Love Street wearing a 'rugby' top  :015: :015:

The PSG shirt isnt bad - has potential, although this season seems to be red/black !

[img width=500 height=333]http://www.psg.fr/fr/club/current_team_toplevel/800/PhotoEffectif20072008_HD.jpg

this one isnt bad,

04326.gif

but please ... NO NO NO to something like this

04964.gif

what about something like this?

chbaselh04.jpg

yes yes yes yes it looks amazing :clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03: :021: :021: :021: :021: :021: :021: :021: :022: :022: :022: :022:

Guest TinCanFan

I wouldn't mind that design but I think stripes would be better and talking of next seasons shirt does anyone know anything about it?  I would have thought that the club would be looking in to it by now.