FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Stripes or Block Coloured Shirts

Guest TinCanFan

What kind of ICT shirts would you prefer?  

180 members have voted

1. 1.

• Stripes
    • Block Colour
    • Switch Around

It has to be blue and red (vertical) stripes. Majority colour strips lack the distinctiveness that stripes have. I also think we should give halved strips a wide berth as they make us look like jesters.

Guest Glen Mhor

Inverness Thistle shirts were red and black stripes - there's been precious little black in recent strips. Are we missing something here or am I being old fashioned and stuck in the past ? I usually am.

:024:

Guest Glen Mhor

Aye, point taken but this one is all black. Haven't our recent strips just been too red and blue ? A black stripe or stripes would look quite smart I think. Blue, red and black should be our basic colour choice or if we were to give an equal share to all the old Caley and Thistle colours, blue, white, red and black. That's maybe getting a bit too close to opening up an old, old and time expired debate which is really not worth airing again.

How about a harlequin top like Man Utd had about 10 years ago ?

:symbol_question:

I'm definitely a stripes man myself, and like the width that they are now. That said, the white and blue stripes with red trim and collar (1997-98?) was perhaps our most distinctive shirt.

Also keen on the current kit of my 'second' team, FC Tokyo. If you get a large enough size, then that lower red swoosh nicely cradles your beer belly.

post-71-1192111480.gif

Are Tokyo shirts produced by Adidas by any chance ? The reason I ask is because all MLS shirts seem to be produced by Adidas and the current "flavour of the month" seems to be "swooshing" .....

Toronto .....

[attach=1][attach=2]

Houston .....

[attach=3]

Columbus .....

[attach=4]

and finally one in red and blue ..... Real Salt Lake !

[attach=5]

post-2-1192115391.jpg

post-4-1192115391.jpg

post-4-1192115392.jpg

post-4-1192115393.jpg

post-4-1192115394.jpg

Im rather fond of the Red and Blue vertical stripes. Gives us some distinctivness(? lol.) in the SPL.

I was never really into the solid blue or blocks of colours from previous few seasons, Well just be the scottish contingent of the Europeans sporting the red and blue lol.  :015:

Maybe I am on my own here but I really do not like the new Away strip - even if I do have my own top (name on the back - probably hidden by a players number when on the field!)(could have done so much more with the ?100).

I liked the last white away top but this new one is not the greatest - who decided on black - when the team take to the field they look like 10 old style referees (in the days when refs always wore black) - thank goodness for style conscious colourful goalies!  (Except the day Mike had that awful goldie outfit that was never seen again!)

Please - the current home outfit is the right colour sequence and go back to a white away strip - please....

I don't really care what colour they play in, the stripes are fine, they give us a bit of uniqueness.

But regardless of what colours are worn, it's what is inside the shirts that really matters.