FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Turnberry

Yngwie

I've been offered a free round next weekend on the championship course at Turnberry  :crazy07:

I don't really play golf, and I've never been round any course in less than 100. But I'm looking forward to this so much that I'm even going to wash my balls this week.

Anyone know the course? Any tips?

1) Get some lessons!

2) Hit the driving range/ practice facility!

3)Take a bucket and spade to build sandcastles if you can't get out of the bunkers! Maybe a stepladder also!

4)Pray for nice weather!no wind!

5)After tou wash your balls. take plenty with you!

6)Don't take it too seriously!Don't worry about your score.

7) Be thankful it's a ''freebee''

8) Most importantly, KEEP THE HEID DOON!

Enjoy your outing, wish I could join you. don't forget the most important hole is the 19th. something tells me you will be ready for it!!!

1) Get some lessons!

2) Hit the driving range/ practice facility!

3)Take a bucket and spade to build sandcastles if you can't get out of the bunkers! Maybe a stepladder also!

4)Pray for nice weather!no wind!

5)After tou wash your balls. take plenty with you!

6)Don't take it too seriously!Don't worry about your score.

7) Be thankful it's a ''freebee''

8) Most importantly, KEEP THE HEID DOON!

Enjoy your outing, wish I could join you. don't forget the most important hole is the 19th. something tells me you will be ready for it!!!

Very good advice.  I was lucky enough to play Turnberry quite a few years ago.  It was a great experience.  Golf must be just about the only game in the world where amateurs have the opportunity of playing on the same venues as the best players in the world.  So make sure you enjoy it.  Incidentally, I recently was on a golfing trip to the west coast of Ireland (County Mayo and County Sligo).  Two of the courses I played there would walk into my top 10 of all time, and I've played over 250 courses world wide!  Rosses Point and Enniscrone, two absolute gems, probably only their remoteness preventing them from being better known.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it was tough going, but a helluva lot more enjoyable than attending the Motherwell game would have been.

In very windy conditions I played beter than I ever have done and went round in 108, lost only 2 balls, and even picked up 2 pars along the way. An absolutely brilliant experience.

So I'll enjoy watching Tiger and co in the 2009 Open, especially if they don't par the 9th!

Well done! for someone who does'nt really play the game of golf, an excellent achievement. Hope it encourages you to ''get out'' more often.

Canuck.

Well done indeedy,what tee's did you play you off or did they give you a choice?

Like you say it's brilliant watching the pros play knowing you've been on the same holes and how you played them compared to them.We were fortunate to play Carnoustie 4 weeks before this years open and every burn and bunker was still fresh in my memory ,made watching what was the best open ever (IMHO) even better.

I can go and play Turnberry TOMORROW if I want  :017:

My boss is friends with the Turnberry Hotels GM, shes heading down for a day in the leisure/spa bit and a meal, I was invited to go too and was asked if I wanted a round of golf while the boss is being pampered.

I dont know anything about golf, we have a home made driving range behind work and thats about it!  I dont want to go, I'll embarrass myself.