FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ross Tokely fined for his actions against Motherwell

caley_donkey

From the BBC News website, Tokely has been fined by the club for his red card against Motherwell.  :33: I was at the game but I didn't see exactly what happened and I couldn't see what happened from the highlights on net. But I've heard from people that it was bad and that a fine is fair from the club. Tokely has the tendency to get the rage sometimes. I think the few games rest will do him good and give Proctor a chance to see what he can do in that position (assuming that's what Brewster is thinking). Although I'm not a huge fan of Proctor, I think Ross Tokely has been dissappointing for me this season. A change at right back is welcome in my books. Any thoughts?

One thing I will say in defence of Rossco is that he is a winner and generally tries to motivate the team to go forward and get positive results. There can be no defence of what he did on Saturday although his nibbles at attackers this year has been evident to the management at the club. They are not blind and in terms of culpability have an element of contribution.

We need drivers to get out of the predicment we are in but we must do it fairly.

Rossco should go away as he did after the Ayr game and as Blackie has done and rethink their fitness and discipline. The club needs an honest, fair and committed Rossco.

I think Tokely peaked a couple of seasons ago imho and him getting dropped for a period of time may do the team no harm(well it can't get much worse can it ??!!)

But if Proctor comes in and does well, I fear Rosscos time could be numbered, as Proctor seems to be Brews "blue eyed" boy and he may find him really difficult to shift from the starting eleven especially if he plays well.

Interesting times ahead methinks  :024:

Rossco has not hit (!) the heights of previous seasons, but surely he has still been our best defender this season, even if that's not saying much.

Proctor on the other hand is a lightweight utility player who didn't make the grade here last time and didn't make the grade at Utd even when they were sh1t.

I don't think there's any doubt at all who our best right back is.

Rossco has not hit (!) the heights of previous seasons, but surely he has still been our best defender this season, even if that's not saying much.

Proctor on the other hand is a lightweight utility player who didn't make the grade here last time and didn't make the grade at Utd even when they were sh1t.

I don't think there's any doubt at all who our best right back is.

well said - he may have some small anger managment issues but, in my eyes he's one of the few who is pretty reliable at the moment (og excepted)

Personally i sympathise with Tokely being sent off not actually going to hound him into saying he's been a disgrace.

He would have been a disgrace had he done a 2 foot challenge and broke McGarry's legs, instead he gave him a  slap/punch on the face as he ran past, my guess is it was only cos McGarry went down like a sack of tatties that the red card was produced.

Considering McGarry was probably giving him pelters for most of the game from the mouth and by then the red mist had descended because the referee had let it get to that stage, his frustration probably played most of the hit and if I'd been in his position i probably would have done the same thing but with the 2 feet!. Whether McGarry would deserve that or not is another question depending on what exactly had been said if anything was.

Bayne's lunge was the disgrace but according to Brewster it was "Harsh" , how can something we could all see coming ending up as a lunge from behind be described as harsh, surely that was a "disgrace" as-well if he's gonna say Tokely is.

I'm sorry, are you saying a footballer deliberately striking an opponent is not a disgrace?

Depends how your reading it.

No he's not a disgrace if he was getting wound up by McGarry trying to get a reaction, personally as it was McGarry I would have 2 footed him and done some serious damage, would maybe regret it later, but we all have to remember it was the referee who let the red mist come down on the day as he was unable to control the things that went against us before the Tokely incident, so in otherwords the disgrace was the referee, Tokely just IMO fell into a no-win trap.

Alternatively, yes he is a disgrace if McGarry was a hit for no reason at all non frustration involved just hit for the pure sake of it but we all know it didn't happen like that.

Red mist, McGarry's provocation throughout the game whatever it was that caused this reaction from Rossco He's only human.  Personally I think McGarry was worse for making a meal of it and acting like he was hit by a train.

We've all been there,  maybe we all haven't reacted the same way.

McGarry was at St Mirren during the Chris Kerr incident (over 8 years ago BTW). I bet "somebuddy's" been trying to take out a contract on poor Rossco  :crazy07:

If that nutter who vandalised the Wikipedia page last week is anything to go by....

I?m struggling to fallow all this and to be honest I?m getting sika it.

Sure there was a bit of red mist but Son of Brewster tried to hoof his opponent, moosed him and left us in a rut as much as our erstwhile monarch of the glen.

I?m not asking anybody to fawn, only to stop stalking Rossco.