FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The Ian Black Appreciation Thread

chris123

:010: :010: :010:

Were we at the same game? Cowie, for one, knocked Black into a cocked hat, as he has done for the last few matches I've watched. Ian wasn't at the races today - along with most of the team  :rolleyes02:

Yes, Black is a good player. Paula Radcliffe is an excellent marathon runner who has, on her day, put in some bloody appalling performances. Ability doesn't always translate to performance and I'm afraid Blackie is on a bad run of form. There is a difference...

I was sitting just above the home dug out and their didn't seem to be much "petulance" involved in the manner with which he departed for the tunnel.  As has been said already it looked like pure frustration off the back of a not so hot performance on the pitch.

And let's face it, I didn't want to be sitting there watching the gash that was going on out there, so who could blame him for feeling the same!!!

They tried to stop him passing the bench, but he shrugged them off and then threw his top on the ground.  That to me is unacceptable.  He might have been angry, but he should respect the shirt IMO

Admittedly I never saw any of that from further back, I only saw him approach the dugout and then head off down the tunnel.

Here's hoping all the work down in channelling his energy into his game in a more positive fashion isn't being undone by the ineptitude of certain people at the stadium who seem unable to properly manage people.

If the "Your lucky to be here" attitude of our Chairman is being used as a motivational tool with the team then we really are in trouble.

He's just that kind of a guy... I don't think the ocassional temper tantrums are a matter of major importance, or even concern... He hasn't been so bad this season, so the chances are he's growing out of it.

As Hielandee once famously said...

"Better to have someone like that on the inside p1ssing out, than on the outside piss1ng in..!!

They tried to stop him passing the bench, but he shrugged them off and then threw his top on the ground.  That to me is unacceptable.  He might have been angry, but he should respect the shirt IMO

He had already taken his top off by the time he had gone off the pitch. He then threw it to the ground/kitman who then tried to give it back as he started to walk down the tunnel but Black shrugged him off.

He had already taken his top off by the time he had gone off the pitch. He then threw it to the ground/kitman who then tried to give it back as he started to walk down the tunnel but Black shrugged him off.

Since when did the doctor become kitman?  The doctor tried to calm him down, he threw his shirt away in temper, but not until he was out of sight of most of the main stand.  The doctor picked it up and followed him up the tunnel.  He returned suited and jumped into sit with his family in the stand.  I believe he left the building quite soon after the final whistle as he did once before.  His discipline on the pitch has improved, but he still has a bit to go yet.

I really like Blackie and rate him as a player.  I can even understand his frustration yesterday, but he has to try not to show it quite as much as he does.  I don't think we'll see him in the next game

Since when did the doctor become kitman?  The doctor tried to calm him down, he threw his shirt away in temper, but not until he was out of sight of most of the main stand.  The doctor picked it up and followed him up the tunnel.  He returned suited and jumped into sit with his family in the stand.  I believe he left the building quite soon after the final whistle as he did once before.  His discipline on the pitch has improved, but he still has a bit to go yet.

Okay he threw it to someone then. I have no idea who the person was. Could have been the water boy for all I know about what ICT coaching staff look like.

I could see him throw his shirt to the ground/doctor from the North Stand. The doctor then picked it up and attempted to give it back to him. Black shrugged him off and continued down the tunnel. After that I have no idea what happened but at least the chronology of events is clearer.

I don't see why. Who knows what he was reacting to. The substitution or the performance (team or personal). Only if people know then we could say "yeah he needs to sharpen up".

If, for example, it was merely displeasure at the events of the game up until that point then I'd be a little surprised if someone like Black didn't shown their annoyance at how things had gone because that seems to be the player he is (though it might be better done in the dressing room.)

However, if he was annoyed at being subbed and threw a hissy fit at being taken off then that is a different matter.