FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

John "Yogi" Hughes

Guest neksor

Guest neksor

Unlike the match John Hughes was fun to watch on Saturday.

He bawled and shouted, jumped and gesticulated like a bookie at York Races. ICT should be billing him for the kicking and punching of the dugout.

Great entertainment John - something worth watching, more than the football!

neksor

I sit right behind the away dugout and on Saturday yogi was at his very best. At one point he asked to borrow my hat because of the sun in his eyes, he put it in for a few seconds and then gave it back to me saying, " F*ck that, I was better of not seeing that sh!te" Followed a few minutes later by " And they wonder why I fecking drink". Absolute quality.

Whenever he lead Ayr out of the tunnel he always looked over and said 'I hate playing up here' but with Falkirk it's a different story and the banter Saturday was magic.

One other story from Saturday 'Some of my players think they are the best strikers in the SPL but they couldn't win an argument in a chip shop.'

A case of Sunshine on Leith.

Yogi's banter with the crowd has always been quality..... I have vague recollections of him ripping the **** out of Frank Connor when we were in the lower divisions and then Connor chasing him into the technical area waving his stick  :015: :015:

not only that, he has the ability to manage a smaller team on a relatively low budget, get the best out of players and also bring in some decent signings both permanently and on loan ......

Guest birdog

Whilst I agree entirely with the content of this thread, I always respected Yogi as a player and now manager one of the few who know the game inside out but still create a **** of a lot of fun, should it not be in Non-ICT forum :024:

Guest birdog

birdog you well wish you were a moderator!  haha!

LOL no I just like giving the mods something to do since some of my past postings have been scrutinised  :023:

The most outstanding character manager in the SPL at present. It 's like opening the floodgates when asked a question by the BBC commentator. Not like some who say,e.g. "er we were  in the ascendancy in the first half and should have won. " or "We wuz robbed, it was a lucky bounce etc"

He pours his honest heart out and calls it exactly as he sees it. Rarely says a bad word against the other team but roundly criticises his own players when he "hinks" it is merited.

Down to earth, voluble, honest and passionate about his football and team.

Gotta love him....

With him in charge you can rest assured that the entertainment value would go up and the crowds would also rise  I "hink".

Go John go. :022: