FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Kilmarnock -V- ICT : matchday thread

Scotty

That interview's a joke.

"I've always said the first goal's vital........but it wasn't vital for us today !"

"We could've played till midnight and still not scored".......eh we did score !!

He said he's gonna wait to see what reaction he gets from Dennis, well how you gonna get a reaction from him if he's no playing? I would've thought that scoring for the reserves the other day would've counted as a reaction no?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just listened to that interview as well.

Brew identified our two problems today as a lack of firepower - "We could have played till midnight and not scored" and a lack of ammunition for the forwards from midfield.  Firstly, Brew, you leave Wyness out of the eighteen, and then you refuse to bring Cowie, our most creative player by a distance, off the bench when you think the forwards aren't getting enough service!

Man, I'd love some of whatever he's smoking.  He also reiterates that he's looking for a "reaction" from Wyness.  If two goals for the reserves in midweek isn't enough, I don't know what sort of reaction he wants - unless it's grovelling on hands and knees.

Any mention of the defence or the bizarre decision to go 3-5-2, considering we just shipped four goals?  Of course not.  Certainly no chance of Brew accepting even the slightest bit of responsibility for a result that can at best be described as dismal.

So, at the moment, we can't score goals (apart from what sounds like a soft penalty), we can't create chances, and we can't stop other teams from scoring.  Apart from that, we're ok though, aren't we Brew?

Well, when Denzil is publicly stating that his ICT career is effectively over and he is trying to get a move sorted out over the next few days, you don't seriously expect him to be picked, do you?

But brewster is publicly stating that he's wanting Dennis to prove himself !!!??

Furthermore, if he's not going to pick players who are leaving then why was Hart playing today !!!

CB has me completely bamboozled !!!

He'd be mad to play him at the moment, and never said he would either. I think what he meant was that he wanted Denzil to rise to the challenge and prove his worth to ICT, not give up and switch his thoughts to contracts elsewhere so quickly. Not that I blame Denzil at all for doing that. But he knows that he unpicked himself from the squad.

Hart is slightly different in that his mind is probably more focussed on football than contracts at the moment.

It may have made sense in that we were trying to win the game, or salvage a point, but I know what you are saying, if he is leaving anyway, why not give someone else a chance.  By the way, Hart has been performing well for the reserves.

Good to see we never had a shot in the 2nd half.  Great effort.

I think some of the players seem to think the object of the game is just to kick the ball as hard, far and long as possible.  Shame that a good passing technical player like Vigurs will have to change his game just to lump the ball forward.

But at last its happening,  if you constantly buy lower division players you become a lower division team.  Heard Brew was at the Brechin game midweek.  Sounds promising!  :029:

Good to see we never had a shot in the 2nd half.  Great effort.

I think some of the players seem to think the object of the game is just to kick the ball as hard, far and long as possible.  Shame that a good passing technical player like Vigurs will have to change his game just to lump the ball forward.

But at last its happening,  if you constantly buy lower division players you become a lower division team.  Heard Brew was at the Brechin game midweek.   Sounds promising!   :029:

No Sir C he was at the Aberdeen v ICT reserves game which was played at Brechin

i was never a fan of brewster the first time he was here and i certainly didnt agree in his reappointment, I have never felt so uninterested in a caley thistle scoreline. Even when we went one up, had a smile and then thought 'oh whats the point'. I have no confidence in brewster and have no confidence in the board to do soemthing about this.

I realise this may make some of you question my support and i dont blame you, im questioning my own support at the moment. This may seem all very drastic as its just a game and so on but since day one ive been a die hard fan and to see the club in such a state is terrible. Brewster is an embarrasment to this great club and I pray he realises that, does the right thing and walks.

Like you, I never thought I would say it, and I was there at the East Stirling game in 1994.

Today I decided I simply couldn't be ersed travelling, and wasting admission and petrol money even from the south of Scotland. I had plenty other things to do and even forgot to put on the radio coverage till about half past three.

Today I decided I simply couldn't be ersed travelling, and wasting admission and petrol money even from the south of Scotland. I had plenty other things to do and even forgot to put on the radio coverage till about half past three.

Some supporter you are....  :rolleyes02:

Some supporter you are....  :rolleyes02:

Some days Johnboy can't e ersed going from the Innes to Tulloch's :023:

Well, that was a wasted afternoon. We made a bright start and looked not bad. Surely we should have expected Killie to come out in the second half with all guns blazing after Jeffries would have given them a paint off the dressing room wall talking to. Our answer to going 4-1 down ? Long high balls into the Killie box in the vain hope of scoring. Wishful thinking I think. Even Killie fans I spoke to after the match couldn't believe the contrast in Caley Thistle's performance between the first and second half. Neither could I needless to say.

:008: :008: :008: :008: :008: :020: :020: :020: :020: :020:

0 all round - worse than the Morton and Airdrie games. If you don't know, f***ing look them up. A new low in our short history. 1 of 147 in attendance. Says it all - ashamed, we all should be!  :32: :32: If I could sing/stand up/invade the pitch at Caley Stadium, i would knock off the clown's hat. Brewster, next weekend beware, I will be right behind you.

That long trip up the M77/A9 in the snow seems an awful lot harder when your team has just had a 4-1 pasting!

I can't fault the team for effort. They tried but there was a big hole in front of the defenders which allowed Kille to run riot in the second half. Also, there seems to be an understandable lack of confidence with all the recent defeats and this was obvious in the last third of the field. Bursting forward from the halfway line didn't seem a problem but as soon as there was any pressure from the Killie defence, ideas would run out and the ball would be given away cheaply - again and again. My usual moan is that they are afraid to have a shot from distance but I couldn't fault them for that on this occasion (not that it happened often).

There was a clear lack of cohesion today, set-pieces were wasted, second-half passing was atrocious and our team look like a mid-table First Division outfit struggling against better quality players in a genuine SPL team. As someone said above, we have made a habit of signing lower league players who will never be SPL standard. Can't fault the effort - just the quality is not there with a number of them. Our first half performance was reasonable though and I thought David Proctor had a very good first 45 minutes.

We were doing fine before Christmas but I genuinely think all this contract signing hoo-haa has seriously affected team spirit and individual performances and has allowed certain players to think they are an awful lot better than they actually are. When these players have 26 caps for their country then I will understand why they should be holding out for a similar deal to the one Marius Niculae has.

On the positive side - I was really impressed with the Rugby Park stadium (my first visit there). I thought the Killie folk (including the stewards) were really friendly. And the Killie pies ARE indeed as good as they are hyped up to be. I also had a chat with Jim Jeffries when he stopped to give my wee fella an autograph. He most definitely rates as one of the nicest and most pleasant guys I have ever met in football - a real gentleman!!

I always feel if the half-time pies are good then it hasn't been a completely wasted day out...  :022:

Brilliant pies indeed Johnboy! No mince - just amazing, tasty, succulent beef steak in a light pastry casing.

The mince was out on the pitch pretending to be a football team!  :004:

Brew seems to be obsessing on the fact we can't score goals and ignoring the fact we are shipping them left, right and centre. Already with 7 games still to go we have conceded 5 more goals than our worst ever SPL tally. Munro & McGuire just don't work together as they are both similar players and neither is good in the air

Confidence shot. Spirit shot. Brew trying to be honest in his interviews and saying virtually nothing that makes anything easier or makes sense.

BBC--" When the second Killie goal went in the Caley heads went down"..  Holy Moly should the players' not have got angry and the attached bodies more energetic instead?

From afar it seems as if the  ship is rudderless, the masts are  in shreds, so are the sails and the crew are directionless such that the shipis  fast approaching the speedy rapids. No pun intended.

My heart is in my mouth every Saturday. This must be a very depressed club at this time.

I am quitting whilst I am ahead. Least said,soonest mended I fear.

One thing is certain if Mr Craig Brewster  is asked to leave or quits I think his Managerial career is over.And that  must also be weighing heavily on the minds of Management. But what about the club?  Who is going to come to ICT now? Oh jeez, I was going to quit...... :029: Glad I am not a fly on the wall of the Boardroom--I would be even more depressed probably.