FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Has Niculae been worth it?

SMEE

I would say yes, the guy has been a good signing for Caley! Of course the hype wasn't lived up to but hype usually isn't. I think give the guy another season to see how he does if he stays. Droga in his 1st season at chelsea anyone  :023: Obviously not comparing as there wouldn't be this thread if there was a comparison! The whole wage argument and putting it as a catalyst for the behind the scenes bust up does nothing for me. I don't think he personally would have taken well to coming here and then being put in such a spot light while that dispute was going on. Its a lot of pressure. Another season (if we don't do our usual 'decent players out the door' policy) and then we should judge!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to be fair a season is not long enough for a foreign player to adapt to a different game...Granted he has not lit up the SPL but we cant deny he has talent and he has shown us that in bits

Hope he is with us next season to show us what he has...

btw his goal against Killie on Saturday was a peach

Chris

As has been said a few time it often takes players a while to settle at a new club. Players with a much higher reputation than that of Marius have struggled in their first season in a different country. It was unrealistic to expect him to be banging goals in from the start, especially given the lack of football he'd had the last couple of seasons. No doubt he's a class player that if something could (we can always hope) be sorted for his contract to be extended could go on to be a legend at ICT.

Hopefully if the question is asked of Marius "is staying in Inverness worth it?" the answer would be yes