FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Kevin Cuthbert

KingBeastie

I noticed Kevin Cuthbert has been released by St.Johnstone.

He does seem to have been around for years but is only 25 which as a keeper means he should have many years left in him yet.

Just wondering how others would feel about signing him to give competition to Mike?

I think it'd be a very good bit of business - a young keeper, lots of experience at a good level and available on a free.

This is merely my opinion - not trying to start any false rumours, etc.

Anyone agree / disagree?

Guest Calum-Red-an-Blue

He's a keeper that has done well i suppose but i haven't seen his play in a while, is there a reason he got released because that could be a deciding factor as to whether he was to come or not,

but if he is still his old self then why not, he would be eccelent competition for fraser.

remember the last keeper we got, who had been released...  Mark Brown, and look what he did with us, could be a good signing and a move here should certainly interest him i would have thought.

What's the situation with Zibi?  I've heard stories ranging from "we couldn't afford his wages" to "He might be going to C*unty" to "Brewster is keen to keep him".

He got a lot of stick from our own fans last season based on performances before coming to us but I think he looked as solid as anyone when he got his chances and wouldn't be upset in the slightest to see him here again next season.

Cuthbert is one of those keepers who, despite performing reasonably well, always seems to have been second choice at St Johnstone.  Perhaps after 10 years of it (and only 5 appearances last season) he's decided he would rather be somewhere that he's going to get a more regular start?  If that's the case then he could either be looking to go somewhere he'll be an immediate first choice or he may be hungry enough to come into a team (like ICT) and really push for his place.

Their might very well be other reasons he's been let go, but my gut tells me he'd be worth a punt.

At this rate i ll take anyone rather than Zibi. Perth isnt that far away from Inverness i suppose. From what i hear any deal for Zibi is dead in the water and now that we've got Barrowman we can focus on other targets.