FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Niculae

Harry Chibber

If you received a bid of   

98 members have voted

1. 1.

• Sell him?
    • Keep him?

It wouldn't be a 'proper' transfer window if there wasn't a long, drawn out, transfer saga involving ICT  :015:

Let's be honest no one knows what's going on here with different versions of the same story appearing in the press. The sooner it gets sorted out the better

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Somewhere in my memory is the quote that seems apt for this thread 'Fools and w.... criticise a job half done'

.  Apparently we have accepted a cut price offer from Dinamo of ?396k, bit of debate as the original offer may have been in Euros, confusing our easily confused board.  However, due to this it may be that we are wanting Dinamo to pay out to Marius insted of us which will ultimately leave us with a similar amount.  Complex situation is the way it is described.

Quotey from Grazza.............

"We still hold the players registration documents and if this is not sorted out in the next day or two he will be coming back to Inverness"

Seems fair enough to me.  I don't believe the board are as daft as some like to make out.  Yes they make mistakes, thats a different story.  Dealing with these types of clubs can't be straightforward and someone somewhere has jumped the gun.

Lets hope it can get sorted out soon and we can get on with life without Marius.

Funnily enough this posting sums up my take on the matter if you exclude the bold bits.

At the moment the fans and we are all fans, are desperate for some info to provide some understanding of the situation but as has already been stated above 'it can not be straight forward dealing with other clubs' especially when they are outwith our own legal system.

As can be seen  from the above quote, the content of a posting can be coloured by this lack of info and can be made up using suppositions but little substance.

Perhaps we should all wait whilst the 'legal beagles' get their heads around the problem and come up with a solution that the Board can then consider.  

With the greatest respect, they, the Board, are not choosing their summer wardrobe from Markies but are involved in a complex matter that must require careful consideration, so that ICT are not going to be financially disadvantaged.  

Who would be a Board member? If you rush a decision you are 'incompetent'  if you take your time, it is a 'total shambles' - a no win situation!!

much as i will miss Marius, im getting a bit sick of this now.....2 points though

If he signed a contract with Dynamo B ( which the pics on their website show), surely ICT's request that he waive his % fee would have included in their contract between ICT & Dynamo, besides isnt a % fee normally between the player and the club he signs FOR and not the club he has left, i.e his personal terms with Dynamo

2nd point : its a tad cheeky for Dynamo to be displaying their player if there has been unfinished business between the clubs.

I do hope this deal goes through and there is no bad blood

Wind the clock back 12 months to the time when news started leaking about the possible signing of Marius Niculae.  It looked like the deal was going to stall on the subject of wages....then out of the blue we hear that Marius has agreed to a vastly decreased wage and the club had secured his signature.

It's not beyond the realms of reasonable thought to suggest that in order to get his wage reduced to an affordable level they offered some kind of back end deal where he would get a percentage of any sell on fee, and it would effectively be a no-lose situation for the club....they secure the services of someone they would otherwise be unable to afford, and the player is driven to improve and do his best because he has a pay day riding on it.  In fact, the wages agreed were such a good deal that had we kept Marius for his two years and not got a penny at the end then it could still have been considered a good bit of business.

Whilst I agree that Grassa and the Board have to look after the best interests of the club, I don't think that extends to trying to screw people over....and as far as I can see that's exactly what they are trying to do.

It sounds to me like ICT are trying to get smart at the 11th hour in order to make a few quid and they don't give a toss who the feck over in the process....and it seems to be happening with little regard to the damage being done to the clubs name.  Let's face it, we could never afford a player of Niculaes calibre if it wasn't done on a loan basis or the basis that the player had the opportunity to make his money from sell on fees or whatever....is it any wonder we can't secure a half decent replacement?  If you were looking for a club to go to on loan or on a reduced wage deal with "certain privileges", would you look twice at a club who are trying to screw the last person that trusted them in that regard?

OK, so ICT might get what they want in this case (I don't think they will, but you never know) but at what cost?  Even in business there's such a thing as good will, ask Sutherland, he's bought plenty of it from ICT over the years, but we are in the process of selling ours out for a few pieces of silver.....and the long term cost of that could be far higher than any of us imagine.

So, assuming your correct CD.

ICT................Marius we've had an acceptable bid from Kiaserslautern so you can go there and get your windfall

Marius...........Let me speak to Dinamo and see if they'll match the offer. Thats where I want to go

Bucharest.....Sorry we can't pay that much

ICT...............Sorry we cant let you go to Bucharest for their price unless you forego your windfall (Seems reasonable to me)

Bucharest.....We're witholding the money till ICT and Niculae sort themselves out

ICT...............Sorry but he's still our player and we are well within our rights to hold on to him

Result..........STALEMATE

Wind the clock back 12 months to the time when news started leaking about the possible signing of Marius Niculae.  It looked like the deal was going to stall on the subject of wages....then out of the blue we hear that Marius has agreed to a vastly decreased wage and the club had secured his signature.

It's not beyond the realms of reasonable thought to suggest that in order to get his wage reduced to an affordable level they offered some kind of back end deal where he would get a percentage of any sell on fee, and it would effectively be a no-lose situation for the club....they secure the services of someone they would otherwise be unable to afford, and the player is driven to improve and do his best because he has a pay day riding on it.  In fact, the wages agreed were such a good deal that had we kept Marius for his two years and not got a penny at the end then it could still have been considered a good bit of business.

''It's not beyond the realms of reasonable thought' Is this not  just the very area I was referring to above, a pure supposition

Whilst I agree that Grassa and the Board have to look after the best interests of the club, I don't think that extends to trying to screw people over....and as far as I can see that's exactly what they are trying to do.

It sounds to me like ICT are trying to get smart at the 11th hour in order to make a few quid and they don't give a toss who the feck over in the process....and it seems to be happening with little regard to the damage being done to the clubs name.  Let's face it, we could never afford a player of Niculaes calibre if it wasn't done on a loan basis or the basis that the player had the opportunity to make his money from sell on fees or whatever....is it any wonder we can't secure a half decent replacement?  If you were looking for a club to go to on loan or on a reduced wage deal with "certain privileges", would you look twice at a club who are trying to screw the last person that trusted them in that regard?

'It sounds to me'' and then offer the above, closing with a point that the club has been tarnished by the current situation and this will stop our recruiting of decent players!    I, for one, am prepared to wait and see if the club has done any wrong in this affair and then judge!

OK, so ICT might get what they want in this case (I don't think they will, but you never know) but at what cost?  Even in business there's such a thing as good will, ask Sutherland, he's bought plenty of it from ICT over the years, but we are in the process of selling ours out for a few pieces of silver.....and the long term cost of that could be far higher than any of us imagine.

Sounds to me like there will be no winners in this, only losers.

Regardless of who you believe, or what the real story is, ICT's reputation will be somewhat damaged because its another saga that fans and players will all know about. Whether they know the real story or not is immaterial, in fact the real story itself is also immaterial and the old saying that "mud sticks" is appropriate in this case.

As for the player, he will likely come away from all this with a healthy respect for the fans, and probably for his team-mates but not for the club and you can bet your bottom dollar that he will not be shy in telling other players how he thinks he has been treated ....

All in all its a very messy situation and quite hard to believe given that the player himself actually wanted to sign an extension only a month or two ago.

Alex....your skipping the part where ICT have agreed a fee with Dinamo, have invoiced them and are in receipt of a Bank Transfer.

If, as they club seem to be saying now, they were only agreeing to the deal on the basis Marius was to forego his % of the fee then that should have been sorted before the club accepted any offer from Dinamo, Invoiced them and Received the funds.  Failure to have done that is negligence on the part of ICT, whichever way you want to dress it up....any breach on the part of Marius is no longer part of the transfer agreement.

You don't say "We'll agree the transfer, invoice you and get paid then sort out the details afterwards."....what you say is, "Lets sort out the details agree the transfer and then invoice you and get payment."

Alex, look at the evidence that is in front of you.

Dinamo have reported that the transfer is 100% complete and have published documents to support that.

An international Electronic Bank Transfer will generally arrive in the recipients account within 24 hours, sometimes this can take 2 days where there's large time difference between countries involved, and sometimes it can take only a few hours (Something I learned during my time working on improving the clearance systems for RBS).

Whilst I couldn't swear to it 100% I would be confident in saying that the round stamp in the bottom right hand corner of the Bank Transfer document on the Dinamo site is a Bank of Scotland Stamp....it's certainly a receivers stamp (It's HBOS Practice to sign the stamp and write the reference number above it, something I learned during my time working a Halifax Agency).

Dinamo published those images on 25th July, with that receivers stamp on them, meaning funds had reached the UK no later than last Friday.

Aside from all that, if these were/are false documents then I'm sure the club would have come out and said so by now, or would have forced their removal from the Dinamo website.

So I fail to see how ICT can claim that they aren't in receipt of payment.  Plus you have the flip flopping between the excuse that they haven't got the funds and the fact that no agreement has been reached as Marius hasn't yet decided to forego the money he might have been due.

You keep referring to the documents Dinamo published, but what about the ones they didn't publish? They may equally be in possession of an earlier letter stating the conditions that would be applied to any proposed transfer, such as ICT reaching a satisfactory settlement with the player. Who knows, but the one I would be sure of is that those documents do not form the entire correspondence or contract between the clubs.

And in my dealings with international companies, I've never ever known funds to arrive in less than 3 working days!

I don't agree, but let's accept (for now) the funds haven't arrived.  We still know that funds have been sent, and we know that Dinamo are happy enough that the deal has been agreed as they have touted the player as being theirs.

ICT currently have two stories they are putting out there.

1.  No agreement has been finalised as paperwork is not complete and player has not agreed to forego his % of the fee.

2.  An Agreement has been reached, but they just haven't got the money yet.

Who do you believe?  The people who have given one story from the start and provided (some) documentary evidence that it's a done deal....or the people who remained silent for days and then started coming out with two conflicting stories?  Even if you had reason to believe Dinamo were wrong, how do you explain the conflicting stories from ICT?

Let's also not forget that this comes off the back of what seems like an endless string of rumours and stories since the Euros about whether Marius was for sale, wasn't for sale....the conflicting stories as to why he might or might not have been for sale...the fact we were told that his sale would be used to fund 3 or 4 players to strengthen the squad, followed by statements that even with the sale of Marius we wouldn't be bringing in quality/proven replacements as we couldn't afford it.  Stories from a Major shareholder saying we had a ?500,000 hole in the finances caused by the presence of Niculae which were rebuked by the ex-chairman and played down by the current chairman...where is our current chairman, not heard a peep from him since he told us all that if we were still talking about the board in 6 months then he hadn't done his job, a statement he made over 3 months ago.  If you go further back we have the situation whereby we were lead to believe that Marius wages were higher than they are and that they were being paid for (at least in part) by sponsorship, only for us to discover that no sponsorship was involved and that his wages were in fact being paid by the club but had been covered in full from a sale of shares.

How on earth can people be expected to trust a club that has been found more than a little wanting when it comes to telling the fans anything, let alone the truth.  If they "have nothing to hide" then come out and tell us what is going on.  If you've fecked up, then you've fecked up, nobody is perfect....just don't try and spin it....aside from the fact they're extremely poor at spinning anything, if people know it's not the truth or the full story then you can be sure they'll start digging and in most cases the truth will out, and if it doesn't it always leaves that niggling doubt in the backs of heads the next time something doesn't appear to be all it's made out to be.

Every time something happens, it's surrounded by so much chit of our own making that I find it harder and harder to believe that that those, who may have best intentions in mind, are in fact doing far more harm than good.

I'm confused normally but this is just going way over my head juts looks to me like everyone is telling a different version of the same story.

we might get to the bottom of it soon.

Was just on STV, ICT have the money but won't sign release papers till Marius signs a Waiver.

Also a Statement from an Adrian someone or other at Dinamo saying they have reported ICT to FIFA and UEFA for not releasing the player and that they are confident FIFA will find in their favour.

Was just on STV, ICT have the money but won't sign release papers till Marius signs a Waiver.

Also a Statement from an Adrian someone or other at Dinamo saying they have reported ICT to FIFA and UEFA for not releasing the player and that they are confident FIFA will find in their favour.

In trouble with fifa.

that can't be good news.

:029:.