• Sell him?
    • Keep him?

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm as quick as anyone to jump on Brewsters case, but there's no way I would pin any blame on him whatsoever for the sale of Marius as it was, IMO, entirely out of his hands.

Do you think it has more to do with the board and the number crunchers Don?

It's partly down to the Board as they didn't have the balls to tell David Sutherland to feck off and leave the running of the club down to those voted in to do the job.

As for the "number crunchers"....well, if the decision had been down to them I doubt they'd have gone for selling him in the knowledge that he couldn't be replaced with anyone even remotely as experienced for the same or less money and that the net gain for the club in selling Niculae was, at best, negligible.

To be honest I don't see Niculae as that big a loss. It was nice to have his star power and when he was on form for us he was bloody good. I just want to see the fee we get for him as I think it could have a big effect on opinion towards Brewster in both a positive or negetive effect. I will not settle for this "undisclosed fee" nonsense either, if thats the case I will jump to the conclusion that we were had and Brewster is inept.

Agree absolutely with the first point here - we saw some great football occasionally from Marius, but he was far from our most important player last season. I would quite like to have seen him stay on, if only to see if we could get a real season of quality out of him, but it's not as if the heart of the team has been ripped out. The guy seemed to conduct himself well while he was here and showed the supporters respect, and obviously there are questions over the club's conduct in seeming to push him out the door, but we're only a fortnight off the start of the season now and should be looking forward. F*ck the club politics, this is what I want to see:

I want to see Rooney given a deal so that we increase our attacking options and give a chnace to a young a player who genuinely feels he has something to play for.

I want to see the money from Marius used to shore up the central defence, although with whom, I have no idea.

I want to see Brewster build a team around the midfield he has been lauding instead of playing the long ball.

On August 9th, I want to see us lay to rest this ghost of never beating Aberdeen.

I want to come on to this website on Saturday nights and see posts debating the football we've been playing and not what the board should be doing.

Sorry if that seems naive - roll on the season!  

lets face it no amtter what we think,if the club get a bod of 1 million,its accepted i would acept it,1 million this summer and feck all next summer? that money could go to good use,even if brewster got 250 k look who we have signed for not alot, we could be a bigger team with 1 milllion pounds

I dont see why a few on here seem to think that any money from niculaes sale will go to bringing in new faces. I dont beleive we will see any more than we have done up till now. I think thats our lot. We have proven we are cheap skates and every penny counts after taking a punt for once, albeit short lived

The clear message from Craig Brewster was that he had no influence over the fee accepted for Marius. When Marius was signed by Charlie or when Charlie was Manager, certain sell on conditions would have been negotiated. Craig Brewster was nothing to do with the Club at that stage.

Marius has recently got married in his homeland. Some will recall reference to the Red Dogs early on for it is obvious Marius has found his spiritual home. I suspect Craig Brewster had nothing to do with events behind the scenes.

Indeed, Marius himself would have had the final influence. Circumstances were right for all parties to move on.

All the best to Marius, I think it's an absolute embarrassment the way we've treated him.

Those erseholes who've berated him all season.....who's come out of this with dignity? The club or Marius? Mercenaries :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:.....I'll tell yer what, there's only one person who can hold their head up high through all this, and it ain;t any fecker on the board. As much as Marius wanted to get his career back on track, all our lot could do was see the ? signs flashing....feck building the club round one truly quality player we might attract, lets sacrifice that for some fecking dud failure from across the bridge. If there's any doubt who's the mercenary here now...well, the it isn't Marius that's for sure.

Good luck Marius, it was a pleasure watching you, all the best :022:

Guest Mahonio

Chris123, I agree that we should try and sign Dean Shiels as he would be a good partner for Barrowman and that partnership will terrorise SPL defences. 

Reflectively, Marius had to go. Signs that last season was not good financially are there and merely also reflect what is going to happen this coming season financially.No one is to blame per se, not Marius, not the Board ,not Brewster--it's just obvious that finances at Tulloch are VERY tight.

And if a pattern of deepening red ink were to continue unchecked then you would soon see REAL problems in every way developing.It has very little to do, in my view, with whether the Board, or this person or that person , does or does not ,want to build a better team--Marius was the one golden opportunity to save this team from sinking into a REAL morass and one of increasing mediocrity and there simply was no choice for Management.

Marius' departure will allow for a more balanced approach to the wage and team structure and the morale of the players. A return to a spirited team , as in the past, will work wonders  and all of us should heave a sigh of relief that at least the adventurous act of signing Marius has a good ending for all concerned.We certainly wish him all the best.

Even if the transfer fee was 1 million pounds it would still not be a lot of money for a smaller struggling team like ICT. What that fee might do would be to allow the Board , collectively, to raise a glass of choice wine in a toast to the big sigh of relief that they would be wont to utter.

Whatever the actual transfer fee is, a total of 400,000 pounds or more, will soon be swallowed up in pressing financial obligations and not too much of it will be found to splurge on new players I don't think. Whatever sum is spent in this way I hope a good centre half (or is it "back" nowadays?) is at the top of Brewster's list.

The possible transfer fee is a small sum when new stands, new players, new this and new that are on the wish list. Money in hand has a way of trickling away.

This is a good piece of business and the wisest decision by Management in present circumstances and the challenges facing them. :clapping03:

Brewster will not see a penny of this ?300k, where has the ?1/2 million gone that came from Robson's move to Celtic?

Erm, Dundee Uniteds coffers I guess?! We were only due about 10% of any fee so think we would have received ~ ?100k max. as part of that deal.

Brewster will not see a penny of this ?300k, where has the ?1/2 million gone that came from Robson's move to Celtic?

Erm, Dundee Uniteds coffers I guess?! We were only due about 10% of any fee so think we would have received ~ ?100k max. as part of that deal.

I'm sure it was something like ?110k. We never saw any of that, nor did we ever see any money from Brown's transfer. I'm not complaining, I think its time some real money was invested into running this club as a whole (ffs, 4 years in the SPL and we are still using a portacabin as club shop.)

On another note, anyone else see Dean Shiels rip the **** out of about 5 Barca players in one go yesterday :023:

:019: :019: :019: :019: :019: :019: :010: :010: :010: :019: :019: :019: :009: :009: :009: :008: :008: :008: :029: :029: :029: :029: :029:

Booooooo!

:004:

On a more serious note, I seem to remember opening a topic about two months ago telling everyone Marius was on his way to Dinamo, and no one believed me.  :018:  :015:

Tbh, Im a bit disappointed that ?300k was the price, and the board need to have a bit of ambition and let Brewster spend some of it. Despite his total lack of tactical knowledge, Brew usually does alright in the transfer market.

Grampian news have thrown their rumour into the hat suggesting the fee believed to be around ?400K for the signing of Marius to Dinamo Bucharest.

Oh well, good luck to you Marius, some of your skills were a joy to behold, hope you make the world cup teams.

I have compared it GJ, is that good or bad then :017:

Hunt always looked like a decent niggly annoying guy to play against.  Different market places as well, the EPL paying grossly inflated prices for their products.

?400K for Marius in his last contracted year and given the way he played for us............probably a decent enough price if true.

I heard it was 40% and it was a ?1.25 million deal making us receive ?500k

You heard wrong.

The wtory is up on the BBC now http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t..._ct/7515785.stm

Good luck to you Marius. You didn't score as many goals as we thought but you had undoubted talent and your first touch was excellent. In terms of value for money I don't think he was the best but it was very enjoyable having such a player at ICT  :003: