• Sell him?
    • Keep him?

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good luck to him, he was never in it for the long haul.

He will be missed though as he did have that slight edge about him that no other players had.

But we need that cash.

With all due respect the part of your post I have highlighted is BS.  I've not seen anything in the press or elsewhere which suggests that Marius Niculae has been looking for another club, quite the opposite in fact.

Absolutely right CD.  About the only person who comes out of this whole sorry business with credit is Marius himself. As far as I can see, apart from his obvious talent, he has been a model professional, never once complaining about the shoddy way his probable imminent departure has been conducted.  I'll be really sorry to see him go.  I would have signed him up for another 2 years. No doubt now we'll see the 'saving' on his wages being wasted on 2 or 3 has-beens.

The online edition of the Daily Express reported 4 days ago that Niculae was off to Dinamo Bucharest for ?400k. Never trusted that excuse for a newspaper, but could they be right for once!?

The online edition of the Daily Express reported 4 days ago that Niculae was off to Dinamo Bucharest for ?400k. Never trusted that excuse for a newspaper, but could they be right for once!?

4 days ago it was speculation !

Absolutely right CD.  About the only person who comes out of this whole sorry business with credit is Marius himself. As far as I can see, apart from his obvious talent, he has been a model professional, never once complaining about the shoddy way his probable imminent departure has been conducted.  I'll be really sorry to see him go.  I would have signed him up for another 2 years. No doubt now we'll see the 'saving' on his wages being wasted on 2 or 3 has-beens.

Agreed, would be good if this is his career back on track. Look forward to big things from Marius, all the best if he is leaving.

Now, can we have Dean Shiels please?

There was a sad inevitability about this.  I'm gutted that he's gone but it was always going to be the case that we cashed in on him if he did a good job.

The question now is what we do with the cash?

If we don't sign at least three decent players, for cash, by the end of August, Brew and Grassa have some talking to do...

Farewell Marius, perhaps not the greatest player we've ever had, but certainly the one with the best first touch, and (if only for jumping into the Bridge End vs Killie) surely a bit of an ICT legend.

Clicky Clicky

Dinamo seems to translate as Manchester, which is a little confusing, but you should get the idea.

And further down it says he is signing for Arsenal!

Quotes a fee of 400,000 Euros, which I think is about ?300,000. But then says we wanted a 20% sell-on clause, but agreed to a fixed 100,000 Euros instead, which is hopefully on top of the initial fee.

I have been dreading this day for weeks!!!  :019:

I wish marius all the best back in romania, and hope he takes the good points from ICT back to his home country.

I doubt he will have fans like us over there, and seriously hope the Dinamo board treat him with far more respect than that of our own. It is, however, the least that this man deserves.

ALL TOGETHER NOW....

On the 12th day of christmas my true love sent to me,

12 Niculaes, 11 Niculaes, 10 Niculaes, 9 Niculaes, 8 Niculaes, 7 Niculaes, 6 Niculaes

5 NICULAES

4 Niculaes, 3 Niculaes, 2 Niculaes

AND A MARIUS NICULAE

BTW - Did anyone else take note that Andy Barrowman has been using the number 18 shirt in pre-season. Perhaps that was the biggest clue of them all but no-one actually spotted it.  :016:

I've come to the conclusion that Brewster must be the Messiah if he's going to stretch whatever portion of this money he gets into signing 3 or 4 players capable of strengthening the squad....not to mention replacing Niculae.

really wish these bloody newspapers would get it right...Klauserslauten for 500k i read today...Where ever he goes i will be sad to see him go...and i just hope that CB gets the majority of the cash to buy a replacement

What will Tom CJ do with his Romanian flag huh!

I cannot see how this will work. Whilst we might have the money now to buy an experience SPL standard striker.

How can we possibly tie up the deal, if we stick to the wages structure we broke for Maruis.. (which seemed to cause all the problems).

I just cannot see us getting any striker like that and not having to pay him at least what Marius was getting.

Graham

It doesn't work Graham, and that's what some of us have been saying for weeks.

The decision to sell Marius just now for such an (apparently) low fee has no footing at all in the world of logic.  Yes it' might be good to have got a bit of cash in the bank, but once you spend that on replacing him then there's not much if anything left to make improvements.  Instead the club will use the cash to sign loan deals for the likes of Rooney who will bugger off in 12 months time and we will see absolutely no return for the investment we've put in to his wages......bizarre to say the least.

If the club have indeed sold Marius for 400k euros (around ?250k-?300k) then that is only seen in my eyes as someone within the club seriously desperate to rid ICT of their 'star' player. That, or there is less money in the ICT coffers that we are lead to believe, meaning we may well be in financial worries off the park.

Either way, the handling of the entire affair is a discrace. I was glad to see him play one more time (v county) before his departure. I just hope he bangs in the goals at bucherest to show our ICT board just how good a player they have let slip through the net :symbol_exclaim01:

Yeah, sad to see him go, but it really was inevitable that he was going to be sold... on DS's orders no doubt.

As Don says, hope you enjoyed it, cos' it will be a long time till we see another one.

To be honest I don't see Niculae as that big a loss. It was nice to have his star power and when he was on form for us he was bloody good. I just want to see the fee we get for him as I think it could have a big effect on opinion towards Brewster in both a positive or negetive effect. I will not settle for this "undisclosed fee" nonsense either, if thats the case I will jump to the conclusion that we were had and Brewster is inept.