FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Denmark trip thread

RossP

Thought it'd be good to have a thread for the week focusing on the trip to Denmark. First match is tonight, so I look forward to hearing what the line ups and score is when it's announced on the official site.

So far the only news I know is that quite a few players who were starting against St Johnstone will be rested tonight. Jamie Duff, Ian Vigurs and Rory McAllister are all starting. *source P&J*

Dougie Imrie has a diary on the official site. Nice to see an insight into training routines etc...

Dougie's Diary

I may be on holiday from teaching, but I still tutted at some of the grammar  :rolleyes02:

The Courier have a diary on their website from Graeme Linton.  I bet he's delighted, fifteen years ago he'd have been writing two paragraphs on Caley v Golspie Sutherland, now he's sipping Carlsberg on expenses while chatting up hot blonde Danish burds (probably).

I may be on holiday from teaching, but I still tutted at some of the grammar  :rolleyes02:

...you've obviously led a very sheltered life if you think that's worthy of a tut or two.

Excellent effort Dougie!!!  :clapping03:

Times have changed. Here's an extract from Bobby Mann's diary in Orkney:

After a longish ferry journey the 12 seater minibus arrived and all 15 of us crammed in. I managed to wrestle two seats for myself. We arrived in Kirkwall at 4.30 where Pele confirmed I was rooming with Big Jim Calder. At 6 Pele invited us all into the local bar for drinks. We were in bed by 11.30 with lights out at about 2.30 after Jim and I collected Stevie from the bar and despite abuse from Big Dunc we put him to bed.

Up at 8.30. I felt good as Jim helped me get into my Wranglers for breakfast. Full Scottish for me.

Saw Pele next at 11.30 as Dunc took us on a wee jog round the harbour and then up th street pass the Cathedral. At 12.20 we assembled in the back bar and Pele briefed us on how we were to tackle the Orkney Select. Pele joked that we had to imagine we were going to Parkhead in the Cup after Celtic had beaten a top European team in the European Cup and against the odds we beat them. Teasdale laughed so Stevie told him he was rested. Big T just said 'OK boss I'll just go and get my hair permed' .Just a Shandy for me as we ate a light lunch of local beef pie and chips.

The game started at 3.00 precisely. Charlie flew into the first tackle as if the season depended on it. Wee Stewarty scored three goals all from Sheerin crosses within the first 13 minutes. By half time we were 6-0 up so big Dunc asked Pele if he could go out for the second half and show the young uns how to score. Pele looked glazed which Dunc took as 'yes'.

After just 15 minutes of the second half the Orkney select were really feeling the full force of a full time team and Dunc had scored a hat trick. Young Richard Hastings was playing a blinder and wee Rossco was the only player to get booked after Orkney's 15 year old substitute skinned him. Rossco had to be warned by me to cool down. Barry Wilson looked a class above Orkney.

We won 11-0 and left the field knowing we would be champions of Division 1. We dreamed of beating Celtic 3-1 in the Cup with Calder joking he would be the hero. Orkney brought a crate of beer into our changing room at the end. Stevie perked up.

We managed to get to the pub at 5.30 but Stevie as a treat got the club to buy us all a fish supper in the Chippie at 7. As Captain I had two massive pieces of Haddock.

Historical note - Big Dunc was not at the Club but it makes a good story!

To be continued....

Wee Stewarty scored three goals all from Sheerin crosses within the first 13 minutes.

Ahh those were the days when you could rely on players doing exactly what was expected of them... Sheerin, Mann & Stewarty...  we had such a good team back in the day!

Times have changed. Here's an extract from Bobby Mann's diary in Orkney:

After a longish ferry journey the 12 seater minibus arrived and all 15 of us crammed in. I managed to wrestle two seats for myself. We arrived in Kirkwall at 4.30 where Pele confirmed I was rooming with Big Jim Calder. At 6 Pele invited us all into the local bar for drinks. We were in bed by 11.30 with lights out at about 2.30 after Jim and I collected Stevie from the bar and despite abuse from Big Dunc we put him to bed.

Up at 8.30. I felt good as Jim helped me get into my Wranglers for breakfast. Full Scottish for me.

Saw Pele next at 11.30 as Dunc took us on a wee jog round the harbour and then up th street pass the Cathedral. At 12.20 we assembled in the back bar and Pele briefed us on how we were to tackle the Orkney Select. Pele joked that we had to imagine we were going to Parkhead in the Cup after Celtic had beaten a top European team in the European Cup and against the odds we beat them. Teasdale laughed so Stevie told him he was rested. Big T just said 'OK boss I'll just go and get my hair permed' .Just a Shandy for me as we ate a light lunch of local beef pie and chips.

The game started at 3.00 precisely. Charlie flew into the first tackle as if the season depended on it. Wee Stewarty scored three goals all from Sheerin crosses within the first 13 minutes. By half time we were 6-0 up so big Dunc asked Pele if he could go out for the second half and show the young uns how to score. Pele looked glazed which Dunc took as 'yes'.

After just 15 minutes of the second half the Orkney select were really feeling the full force of a full time team and Dunc had scored a hat trick. Young Richard Hastings was playing a blinder and wee Rossco was the only player to get booked after Orkney's 15 year old substitute skinned him. Rossco had to be warned by me to cool down. Barry Wilson looked a class above Orkney.

We won 11-0 and left the field knowing we would be champions of Division 1. We dreamed of beating Celtic 3-1 in the Cup with Calder joking he would be the hero. Orkney brought a crate of beer into our changing room at the end. Stevie perked up.

We managed to get to the pub at 5.30 but Stevie as a treat got the club to buy us all a fish supper in the Chippie at 7. As Captain I had two massive pieces of Haddock.

Historical note - Big Dunc was not at the Club but it makes a good story!

To be continued....

BRILLIANT !! funniest thing on the site in ages  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

FROM OFFICIAL SITE

In our first fixture on Danish soil we came away with a 1-1 draw in a game we dominated and should have won comfortably.  Striker Adam Rooney on a week's trial from Stoke City scored in the second half with a fine finish.

We had a goal chalked off in the first half for off-side and then Barry Wilson received his second yellow card just before the break but we were allowed to replace him at the interval with Dougie Imrie came on.  Also coming on at half-time were Richard Hastings and Dale Gillespie and it was the latter that helped create the goal.  Jamie Duff won a header which Gillespie picked up and then he released Garry Wood with a great through ball, Woody drove for 30 yards before playing in Rooney and he set himself and sent the ball into the back of the net.

We then lost a goal to Lollandfalster to make the score 1-1.  The winner proved to be elusive with Garry Wood hitting the post and then substitute Ian Black smashed the post with a 25 yard strike and then Wood had a goal ruled out for offside.

The Gaffer said afterwards "It was disappointing to only draw a game in which we dominated and deserved to win but the performances of Jamie Duff, Dale Gillespie and Adam Rooney really pleased me."

Starting Line Up

Fraser

Proctor, Duff, Munro, Djebi-Zadi

Wilson, Vigurs, mcBain, Sutherland

McAllister, Rooney

If memory serves me right, a Red Card in a pre-season game rules a player out in the opening game of the season. If it was a straight red we could appeal, but 2 yellows leaves us with Barry out of the Dons game  :020:

I'd love someone to prove my memory wrong though!

*please*

All depends on whether or not it gets reported back to the SFA, some countries seem to be stricter on doing this than others.

Perhaps the fact they let us do a substitution suggests they consider it not that serious?

Good to hear Rooney, Gillespie and Duff played well.

According to the P&J it doesn't rule him out of any SPL games. However it did give him a wee injury which will affect his selection in further pre season games.

Todays score from Denmark, taken from the Official site.  http://www.ictfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News...1350640,00.html

PRE-SEASON RESULT

We took on FC Nordsjaelland this afternoon in the closed doors game and like Tuesday night's fixture it ended 1-1 with the goal coming from striker Garry Wood.  The game took place at the Farum Park complex where the Danish Superliga play their home games.

We had the better of the first half but went in 0-0 at the break and in the second half FC Nordsjaelland were the better side and took the lead from a corner into the box which we should have dealt with better.  Adam Rooney came on with 35 minutes left for play and Garry Wood also entered the fray 15 minutes later.

It was the latter that drew us level, a Don Cowie cross towards the back post was knocked back across goal for Garry Wood to volley home from close range.  Two minutes later we thought we had taken the lead when Rooney netted but his strike was ruled out for offside.

Starting Line Up

Esson

Tokely, McGuire, Munro, Hastings

Imrie, Duncan, Black, McBain

Cowie

Barrowman

My Montrose supporting mate really rates Garry Wood and thinks he could be a success in the SPL. At the Ross County game I was really surprised to see how much he'd grown in height since last summer; and he wasn't afraid to use that height in attacking the *sigh* long balls from defence.

Perhaps this is why Brewster let Bayne go, as Garry Wood could step into the hardworking target man role?

Glad it's another positive result on the road

' and took the lead from a corner into the box which we should have dealt with better '

I can forsee this comment being used frequently this season unless we strenghten the defence.

Anyway, sounds like the guys did well today, i'm confident that we will do ok this season..