FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Defender Required

absent friend

Get Pressley signed up, i'm sure he won't be looking for massive wages at his age, he will be getting paid well enough by the SFA.

he could do great job for one year, we need a leader at the back.

It is easy to say 'we require a defender' but the knock on effect of NOT having one in place is financially concerning.

Last season Motherwell scored one goal LESS than us and ended up in THIRD place in the league.

Now Scotty/CaleyD will be able, no doubt, to convert this into hard cash i. e. additional cash for each place further up the league you achieve plus all the additional revenue from playing the top teams in the last few games plus the possibility of playing in Europe.

This may seem pie in the sky BUT WE DID SCORE MORE GOALS THAN THEY DID! 

I don't subscribe to the 'we're doomed to relegation' nonsense but I do think, to link two threads together, the financial saga re the transfer will be chicken feed, in comparison to our potential loss by ignoring the defensive frailties!!

Absolutely correct.  The knock on effect is costing us money, cup runs etc.  We have known about this for a season and a half yet we are showing no signs of filling the vacancy.  Our defence has let us down badly since Dods left and was the difference between top six or relegation battle.  Another squint at last seasons results show we drew very few games compared to other teams.  Losing games by the odd goal instead of drawing them costing us league places for me was down more to the lack of defence than lack of prowess in front of goal.  We drew four games compared to nine, ten or eleven for the teams around us.

Get a defender in please

Last season Motherwell scored one goal LESS than us and ended up in THIRD place in the league.

i hadnt noticed that, that is truly eye-opening and if Brewster hasn't taken note of this then we are in trouble!

I don't subscribe to the 'we're doomed to relegation' nonsense but I do think, to link two threads together, the financial saga re the transfer will be chicken feed, in comparison to our potential loss by ignoring the defensive frailties!!

couldnt agree more!

Surely to ****, brewster is aware of the deficiencies in the squad. Am assuming that the signings like Zadi are being offered as a resolution to the issues. Lets hope his judgment is more accurate than our concerns turn out to be.

What about getting O'Dea or Cuthbert on loan from Celtic?

Both are relatively tall, in need of regular football and have represented there country in some shape or form.  :tic01:

I keep touting Elvis but its not nessesarily him we need. Just someone in his mould. A leader with composure and perhaps a little heading ability wouldnt go amiss.

I wouldnt say his legs are definitely gone, but he aint match fit. See he's on trial at Nott Forest though i think.

Is there no one in the 1st Division. Surely Clyde, past masters of boring, have a decent defender on the cheap?