FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT v Hamilton

MINCE !

Their keeper didn't have a save to make whole game! We started 4-5-1 and changed to 4-4-2 second half. Accies bossed the game and really it was a much more comfortable win for them than the score suggests. Accies could pass the ball and keep posession.....we couldn't !

New season, new players,.......same old story !

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After the highs of last week we are brought crashing back down to earth by a VERY poor display.

Some very disappointing invidual performances but the team struggled as a whole against a well organised, strong and workmanlike Accies. I don't think we can have any arguments about the result as the better team won - unfortunately.

There have to be questions over the tactics as I'm really not sure why we started 4-5-1 playing at home against Hamilton!! The long ball hump forward was in overdrive today and it truly baffles me why the players persevere with this. All we do is lump it forward, lose possession and then we are on the back foot defending again!

There will have to be a big improvement next week as if we keep playing like that we'll be in first division next season :rotflmao:

Guest WynessLegend

Fraser - Didn't look like he had a clue where he was for most of this game. Positioning was shocking and hiis one save was parried straight out to the oncoming forwards. 2/10

Tokely - Is Proctors suspension over next week? I hope so. 1/10

McGuire - Decent game and looked pretty safe 5/10

Duff - Aside from giving away the goal, Jamie had a pretty good game.

Made a few good tackles, passed the ball well. 7/10

Hastings = Good defensive game, although anything beyond the halfway line was woeful. 5/10

Cowie - Better sign the contract that's been offered to him soon, because on today's form

he'll never find another club 1/10

Black - Battled away and his distribution was decent 6/10

Imrie - Looked every inch a Clyde player. 2/10

Duncan - Reasonable if unenthusiastic 5/10

McBain - 301st game was probably his worst ever Passing was horrendous.1/10

Barrowman - Looked every inch a second division player, and more worryingly looked lazy. 1/10

Subs -

Rooney - Few nice touches, was well marked but looks a good prospect 6/10

Wilson =- Added a bit of enthusiasm to the team and almost got us back on track 7/10

McAllister - With a great chance to score at the post Rory decided to hit the ball with his face and watch it trickle past. 1/10

I thought the tactics were fine, I thought the substitutions were appropriate and made in good time.

The fault today lay entirely with the majority of our players on the pitch.

Bring on the Hibees.

Woeful display. After the high of last week, we got the complete opposite today.

We seemed to be second to every ball in midfield, and everytime we did gain position we simply lumped it forward, or gave it away.

We should've gone 442 from the start, as Rooney looked decent when he came on. Him and Black were the only ones who got passmarks in my opinions.....the rest didn't even come close to that, they were all mince.

There's nothing much else to say really. We were *****, they deserved to win....even though they weren't much better.

Utterly, utterly pathetic from start to finish. Not a single person out there, management or players, who should go home tonight feeling anything other than ashamed. All the optimism from last season has evaporated, and we once more look good candidates for the drop.

We may look back on this as the beginning of the end of Brew. His hoof-ball tactics (high balls at Imrie?! What were they thinking?) were bizarre to say the least, but sitting behind him in the dugout it was noticable that whenever he tried to change things, the players on the pitch appeared to be making an effort to ignore him. And to cap it all Cowie threw a massive strop when he was subbed. Quite frankly, it looks pretty desperate for the gaffer if the players aren't paying him any attention.

Anyway, we couldn't keep the ball for love or money, and we couldn't get it back once we lost it. The boy Duff looked comfortable right up till his massive howler for their goal. The miracle is that McGuire didn't cost us anything with his accident-prone defending. Meanwhile our full backs kept punting it, and Barrowman went into a sulk in the second half because he would have got better service at a Zimbabwean bank than what he was given today. Imrie looked put-off by the slagging the away fans gave him, while Black and Duncan (the latter got hooked at half-time despite making ten times the impact Roy did) watched high balls sail over their head.

The depressing thing is that Hamilton weren't actually particularly good, nor did they need to be. But if Brew's after-match comments don't include a slagging of the players and an apology to those of us who were dumb enough to turn up, then he's even less of a man than he is a football manager.

Black and Duncan (the latter got hooked at half-time despite making ten times the impact Roy did) watched high balls sail over their head.

According to radio commentary, Duncan was carrying a slight hamstring injury before the game and by the end of the first half was struggling, hence the substitution.

We were poor today but to be fair Hamilton looked a good side, and we didn't really deserve to lose. Overall we probably made more chances but didn't get any breaks in front of goal.

The starting line up was a bit baffling, why do we play Roy McBain on the left wing? It just doesn't work, ever! He couldn't hack it as a left winger for ross county in the second division. Keep him in the middle ffs! A side effect of putting mcbain out on the left flank for the first half was that Imrie was shifted out to the right, again not his natural position and he wasn't particularly effective.

Russel Duncan ;) another poor performance, glad he was taken off. he seemed to be having some handbags with Brew. Hopefully his moaning will see him dropped next week.

Phil McGuire :rotflmao: oh dear, how bad does he need to be to actually get dropped????

Barrowman :thumb04: didn't do enough. Rooney did more in 45 minutes than he did in the whole game. He needs to up his work rate sharpish.

One last moan, far too much long ball gash! We were playing against one of the biggest back 4's in the SPL. High drilled balls are meat and drink to them! Even Blackie was at it, he kept lazily chipping the ball into the box rather than do anything skillful or creative. I would have taken him off rather than Cowie.

Our best spell came after we introduced Barry Wilson :018: hopefully he starts next week.

well after last week what a dissapointment didnt think we got going today but hamilton are a big physical team and came and did what they had to poor error by duff but he played well in the 2nd half just couldnt get the breaks nad others huffed and puffed all through the match could have taken any player off today but thought barrowman was very poor throughout never held theball up for cowie to run onto next week must win now

Was Duncan injured and that's why he was replaced? I wonder would we have changed to a 4-4-2 if Duncan wasn't injured? Bit worrying if we're going to be playing 4-5-1 every home game!!

Imrie was ineffective first half never once got past his man,... but he was played on the right wing! Was more effective second half when he reverted back to his natural left wing position.

Agree that Rooney looks to have potential. Barrowman on the other hand was disappointing for me, I thought his first touch on occasion was woeful.

Felt sorry for Duff, could see he was gutted for his mistake at the goal. That apart he did make a fantastic last ditch tackle in the first half that got applause from the whole home support.

We really lacked creativity today and worryingly there wasn't much options on the bench to try and change things ! Wilson, when he came on, looked sharper and hungrier than anyone else on the park.

Black and Duncan (the latter got hooked at half-time despite making ten times the impact Roy did) watched high balls sail over their head.

According to radio commentary, Duncan was carrying a slight hamstring injury before the game and by the end of the first half was struggling, hence the substitution.

Was Duncan injured and that's why he was replaced?

Do people read threads ? :rotflmao:

Fraser - Didn't look like he had a clue where he was for most of this game. Positioning was shocking and hiis one save was parried straight out to the oncoming forwards. 2/10

Tokely - Is Proctors suspension over next week? I hope so. 1/10

McGuire - Decent game and looked pretty safe 5/10

Duff - Aside from giving away the goal, Jamie had a pretty good game.

Made a few good tackles, passed the ball well. 7/10

Hastings = Good defensive game, although anything beyond the halfway line was woeful. 5/10

Cowie - Better sign the contract that's been offered to him soon, because on today's form

he'll never find another club 1/10

Black - Battled away and his distribution was decent 6/10

Imrie - Looked every inch a Clyde player. 2/10

Duncan - Reasonable if unenthusiastic 5/10

McBain - 301st game was probably his worst ever Passing was horrendous.1/10

Barrowman - Looked every inch a second division player, and more worryingly looked lazy. 1/10

I didn't have a problem with Ikey's performance. Positioning could have been better for Accies goal, great double save in the second half and looked safe at crosses.

I thought Rossco was alright. Good forward runs, bit slow getting back however.

McGuire was awful. I don't know what game you were watching.

Cowie was decent I thought. Worked hard, one or two miss-placed passes, but didn't deserve to be subbed off when McBain was giving as bad a performance as he did. Great kick at the bottle after he came off :rotflmao:

No argument over the rest though :thumb04:

I appreciate that views on performance are subjective but I find it hard to believe that you thought Rossco was alright.

He appears to have slipped back into the complacent performances which he has given over the past two years. He really does seem to think that he is better than he actually is and is not working hard enough to get in the right positions when the opposition have the ball (and I am not referring to when he charges forward).

In a game where there were probably three or four 'bad' offenders it may be a bit unfair to single Rossco out, however it is becoming increasingly obvious that he is not performing to the standards he set during the first two years in the SPL.

I find it hard to be overly critical of Barrowman who was given extremely poor service for most of the game. I also thought Duff was very good and is unluckly that his error was punished (unlike the constant errors and misplaced passes from certain players which were not punished).

As a final note, I take it that last weeks cross for Bannerman to score was our first and last decent cross of the season. Rossco, Hastings and Imrie in particular were guilty of poor quality time and time again. This was a feature of last season and we don't appear to be improving on it.

Shocking today. Everyone was all happy and convinced with a decent win over Aberdeen last week, but back to normal again...

Shambles at the back.

Duncan in CM is always poor.

Roy on the left wing.

Barrowman alone upfront at home, and a lazy arse!

Can't play a ball in the final third on the deck!!! It was a disgrace and far to predictable, I think Barry played 1 ball across the box on the ground and if someone was at the backpost area they would've had an open goal.

But worst of all, the absolute **** sitting a few rows behind us at the back in section g, north stand! Doesn't have a clue what he's shouting out and just made a tit of himself!

I appreciate that views on performance are subjective but I find it hard to believe that you thought Rossco was alright.

Tis odd. Last season at times I gave Rossco a tough time on here, and no-one seemed to agree with me. Yet it now seems to be the other way around!

The performance today was dreadful. I hope that Brew is giving them an absolute bollocking after that and throughout the week. After last week it seems a few players believed that this week would be a walkover and they were found wanting. In the long term it may be some positives will come out of it (hard to take any just now though!)

I'm too gutted/ pissed to post a sensible reply to the numerous posts on this thread, but Wyness Legend, pick your toys up please, your marks are a disgrace and in no way represent what happened today. Yes it was extremely disappointing but come on. Duff 7.............There was only one person who's mistake swung the game, unfortunately it was Duff. Jamie did ok otherwise but to give him seven when Rossco was busting a gut to bolster the attack is ludicrous. Barrowman deserves his one point though, grim, Imrie as well, Cowie woeful, the list is endless................shocking performance from us and Accies deserved the points for shutting us out.

MoM for us.......................as last week, really difficult, but for a different reason..........nobody stood out to be honest.........I will give it to McGuire who at least made the effort to console Duff and offer some words of encouragement, who knows what he said, but at least he was sympathetic to the cause.

End product, was our worst display at home ever.

I thought the team looked uninspired today, but hopefully it was a one off. I must defend old Rossco though, he had pass marks in the game I watched. I would have liked to see 4-4-2 as well, especially at home.

My biggest angst today, however, was the lumping of the footie up the pitch on to Accies defenders heads and the worst culprite was our goalie!

I thought they looked very average (doesn't say much for us)

A winger may have helped our cause and created one chance at least. And to not test their goalie in 90mins was nothing less than a crime.

Finally, Mark Corcoran was my MOM by a country mile.

As I am commenting fromafar - please correct me - but WHY do we go 4-5-1 at home - it cries out fer a 4-4-2. Brew still hankers for Royster - get him back to left full back as that is the only position that he tends to perform consistently in - Imrie needs a spell of games on the left fer fecks sake - if Duncan wasnt 100% then why play him ? And have we not learned from the Mercenary last year - even he struggled up front on his tod with hoofs being the ploy - how the **** is Barrowman supposed to cope on his own.

A central defender is a must.. And I have a feeling that we will be picking up the most points on the away days this season.

Imrie did play on the left deeper than a winger and was totally useless today, Barrowman was rubbish, Cowie was worse than rubbish, Duncan deserved to stay on the park as much as others unless he was carrying an injury. Mike Fraser can be absolved from any blame for this debacle........................it all happened in front of him.........or more appropriately did not happen in front of him. Hastings did one of his fekkk off back to Canada stunts today.....burst down the wing in a promising position and knocked the cross (haha) into the North Stand. McGuire seemed to adapt to the mentor role quite well and helped out Jamie Duff (blooper apart) and Rossco did a power of overlapping again in the second half. Cowie Imrie Duncan & McBain were a non event today and were joined by Barrowman in this exclusive non event club. Is that them all covered....... Black escapes total punishment because he is the most gifted player we possess.

Rooney looked the most likely to trouble them, but insufficient backing saw to it that he never troubled the scorers.

Disgusted at the result today.

Mr Brewster I spent a lot of the pre-Aberdeen match defending your reputation to hardcore ICT fans...and was ecstatic last weekend.

What happened today was wrong wrong wrong...you are now on notice...officially 6 games away from losing my support.

:rotflmao:

Barrowman was not in the form of last week where he and everyone did so well. Thought there was alot of moans and groans coming from the crowd very early in the game, high expectations, especially from last weeks result.

Thought Mcbain did much better in the 2nd half, very poor 1st like many had, always seems to do better when the other side of the pitch, away from Main stand, and playing in a better position for him, center midfield. Feel he gets alot of unfair stick, works hard at closing down in midfield and defensive areas, does not needlesly dive in the top third of the pitch. "Get into him Mcbain", bet he hears that in his sleep.

Duff showed good distribution, and although made a mistake, played very assured. No problem with him getting MoM.

My first post, enjoy reading others views.

Rossfm

From the sublime to the utter sh*te.

pathetic, woeful, disappointing, crap, rubbish, pish, terrible, bad, lousy, inept, incompetent, amateurish, dire, shambolic, dreech, horrible, awful, boring, worrying, disconcerting, shameful, embarassing, utterly avoidable and above all pure garbage.

All in all bring on Liverpool.....

Listening to Brews post match interview I don't think he is under any illusion as to what the main problem was today.

At the start of the interview it look liked he was going to try and blame conditions (laughed at the pitch comment, especially as Robbo had said on the radio that pitch was in beautiful condition)....but his frustration showed and he acknowledged that it was down to a very poor display by the team as a whole.

Interestingly enough on the subject of tactics.....I think Robbo called the game and the substitutions the same way as Brewster played them...so either Brewster had an earpiece in listening to the commentary or both he and Robbo got them wrong....and that includes starting off with the 4-5-1.

Just going to copy and paste from P & B:

Thought that was a terrible game where clear cut chances were few and far between. Hamilton had the best of these chances while we seemed to edge the amount of possession each team had but our final ball was very poor indeed.

In the first half Hamilton had a couple of cracking chances including a glorious one for Offiong who somehow cleared the bar with his effort. It would have been easier to score and I couldn't believe it when the ball shot over Fraser's bar. Lucky escape there. On the rare occasions we did put in a good ball the Hamilton defence dealt with it. Barrowman looked set to bury a cross but an Accies defender nicked in at the last minute to clear the danger. The Hamilton goal came from a horrible error from Jamie Duff. The ball was heading out but under pressure from Offiong Duff attempted to put it into touch but missed it an Offiong strode towards goal under pressure from Duncan but he slipped the ball past Fraser into the far corner. Must be said - it was a great finish. McGuire and Fraser tried to boost Duffs spirits but you could see he was devastated.

Into the 2nd half and Rooney came on for Duncan who was supposedly struggling for fitness. He had some good touches and looks like he will be a good signing for us but he was unable to draw us level. Our best chance of the 2nd half fell to Cowie who, from six yards out, seemed to slip as he hit the ball or simply shot into the ground as the chance went begging. Being a goal up saw Hamilton defend deeper in the 2nd half but they still looked dangerous when breaking. While we probably had the greater territorial possession we just did not deliver a telling final ball to test Cerny. Tokely had space in the box to put in a cross but inexplicabley chipped the ball straight into the keepers arms.

And that was very disappointing from an ICT point of view. Hamilton sent in a few dangerous balls but support up front was lacking as they looked to preserve their lead which they did in the end. Brewsters decision to sub Cowie and not the very ineffective Imrie was an odd one. Might not have significantly affected the outcome of the game but it was clear that Imrie wasn't up for this one so leaving him on was a bizarre choice.

Hugely disappointing performance from ICT. We just didn't seem to connect like we did at Pittodrie. Missing Munro was a huge blow for us but losing the first goal was even bigger. I had said before the game that if Hamilton scored first they would look to shut up shop and look to attack on the break. It's a situation that led us to have some horrific home form a season or two back. We just can't seem to break down teams inviting us on to them and that was evident again today.

Also disappointing was the aimless long balls pumped forward to the long forward Barrowman who was easily marshalled by the Accies defence who were loving these aimless balls up to them. Imrie was very quiet. He got booed every time by Accies fans and was subject to a meaty O'Neil (?) challenge but it was good to see the two exchange a handshake later on. Duncan just didn't really get to grips with the game and McGuire again looked susceptible when under pressure.

Hamilton, while not the most attractive of teams in terms of their style of football, were hugely efficient. Offiong was excellent up front, a real pacey threat that we struggled to deal with. Their defence was rock solid and Cery marshalled his back line well. In midfield they were strong and were always looking to play the ball into space for team mates to run on to. They did play a fair bit of long ball themselves but they carved out the better chances.

Hopefully next week we can get some points against Hibs, a team we do well against in Inverness. A real day to forget today.