FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Arbroath Info

davieB

I bet that it is still feckin freezing in late August.

arbroath21.jpg

But I hope that Brew puts out a decent team here as we have been missing our cup exploits fer too many seasons now.

I don't think it was team selection that let us down last year but the teams attitude to lower league opposition. :rotflmao:

I bet that it is still feckin freezing in late August.

arbroath21.jpg

But I hope that Brew puts out a decent team here as we have been missing our cup exploits fer too many seasons now.

I don't think it was team selection that let us down last year but the teams attitude to lower league opposition. :rotflmao:

Eh? Didnt we go out of the cups to Aberdeen and Hibs

Lifted from the Official Site:-

It has now been agreed that our second round tie of the CIS Cup will be played at Gayfield Park, Arbroath on Wednesday 27th August with a 7:45 pm kick-off.

Last year we faced the Red Litchies in the 2nd round however at home and came away 3-1 winners with Marius Niculae grabbing a double and Dennis Wyness also scoring.

Admission prices are:

?12 for Adults

?6 for Concessions

?15 for 1 Adult and 1 Child

just read we are going to playing some of the youngsters, hoep this doesnt backfire on us, would far rather see a really strong team just go out and pummel them, get some confidence going

read that too .... no disrespect to the young lads but sounds like we might be considering too many changes to the team and underestimating the opposition.

Think the 'youngsters' being referred to are those who have featured in, or on the bench, since the season began. With Munro, Duncan and Proc all crocked there isn't too many non-youngsters left to choose from.

And reading between the lines of the chairmans report I'd say those youngsters are going to be a major feature of our team this season. Of a squad of 26 players 14 are 25 or under, 2 are out on loan and 4 crocked. The younger players are definately going to be the backbone of ICT unless a miracle money man appears before the window closes.

Edited by Alex MacLeod

I'm excited to hear how the likes of Vigurs, McAllister, Zedi-Zadi, Duff, Wood et al get on. Doubt it'll affect the team too much, as these youngsters will come in full of energy and looking to impress. Most of the Arbroath team will have done a full days work today before the game.

After a day of taking the mick out of Hibs fans though, i'd like to have a comfortable win this evening

In most cup games we've played against lower league sides since we were promoted to the SPL we have included youngsters. I think that the young players we have at the moment are better than at any point since we got into the SPL - Zander Sutherland and Garry Wood have both shown that they can play in the lower leagues, Rory McAllister has shown flashes of good stuff pre-season (I heard he was great against Liverpool, suggesting he will come into his own when we make the Champions League) and Jamie Duff and Iain Vigurs already have experience in the first team.

Don't know much about Arbroath, although they won promotion last time out and have had a decent start in the Second Division.