FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Celtic : matchday thread

Scotty

This has had the look of a 0-0 rite from the off. Although Gary Wood could have - no should have - cancelled that prediction. We have two teams with little up front and cancelling themselves out in midfield. But we are the better team at half time but we have to change tactically.

The positives are that we are working our socks off, pressing all the time and holding a high line - the only way Cellic look like scoring is from a set piece or through Maloney - but to be honest the same can be said fer us but insert Cowie.

Tokely is sticking to his full back spot and doing very well, Munro and Maguire have strolled through the game, Hastings has not got a feckin clue going forward and I hope Strachan doesnt play McGeady as he has done with Maloney.

Imrie is having a cracker, working hard, sharp passing, running at men and giving Rosscoe a lot of support and only a great Boruc save stopped him scoring a 25 yard cracker of a free kick, Duncan is back to where he belongs - Black should have clearly had two yellow cards and shouldnt be on the park - he appears to be having one of his brainstorming days - I wouldnt be surprised if Brew hooks him - McBain is invisible - get Vigurson and let him run at Loovens - who looks really shaky but not being tested.

Cowie is back at his best - he is taking Naylot and Crosas to the feckin cleaners and they are clearly worried by his pace - if only he had some support. May be harsh but Wood is totally out of his league and his miss was a feckin sitter.

So I would hook Black as he is on the edge - and take McBain into the middle - bring on Vigurs and let him run at Loovens. I would hook Wood in 10-15 minutes and take on Rooney. If the game keeps going as it is I would love to hook McBain late on and see what Wilson could do on the right and push Cowie forward.

agree again, beginning to sound pathetic, i had a long chat with an annonomous friend today, blackie perhaps was having a brainstorming day, why was that, he hasnt had one for a long time, and only 2 yellow cards this season, well below others in the team, so the question is why, the answer i got i couldnt put in here, but what i can say is it seems perfectly feesable to me, but he needs to deal with it differently, my concern is he would be dropped to the reserves again.

Could someone translate Gillians post for me please?

Ever heard of full stops Gillian?

Let me, if Blackie was to come out and say why he was having a bad day, or I put on here what is being said and he dealt with it by confronting the other parties, he would be playing for the reserves. At least that is my opinion, so he dealt with his frustrations in the wrong way, but at present it is (or the only way he feels he can) his way of dealing with it, i believe it to be the wrong way, but im not in his shoes, he was called a trouble maker the last time, disrespectful and all the rest. Still he needs to find another way of dealing with his feelings instead of wearing them on his sleeve for every one too see.

And yes I can use full stops, but it takes longer.

Oh - I can understand yer post and I can sense Ian's frustrations - yet another testament to Brews lack of man management skills and his inability or arrogance to play our potential match winner in a role that would bring the best out of him and benefit the team. He was played in a role to stifle Cellic which was negative and prevented him from playing football - again Brew got it all wrong OR was trying to prove a personal point again. Ian Black's talent is being stifled and that is a footballing sin.

Comment Gillian ??

sent in a post IMH but it hasnt appeared, sorry.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic