FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Our current squad

stevico1

With all the talk of who might be coming and who might be going thought it might be interesting to see how people see how strong our current squad is, here are my thoughts

Esson Great find, pleased he is number 1

Tokley Has ICT in his blood, a great servant who always gives his best

Hastings Has been poor this season, doesnt fill me with confidence

Munro Needs a reliable partner in CD, I also think Esson will help him

McGuire I dont think he is good enough

Duff Has impressed me, still young and will improve with correct coaching

Zabi Haven't seen enough of him to give my opinion

McBain A good squad player

Cowie Not as good as last season but if played correctly a great player, to good to lose

Black Has had his best season for us yet, another to good to lose

Wilson Still think he could do a job but not to be

Imre Very inconsistent, needs to work on his final ball

Duncan Dont notice him much when playing but miss him when he is not

Sutherland Untested at this level

Vigurs Great potential and has impressed in most of the starts he has had

Woods Great potential but needs time

Ronney Looks like he could be the bizz, need run of games and regular strike partner

Barrowman Think the jump in level could be a touch to much for him I have my doubts

McAllister I dont think he has it for this level, had chances but never proved he is good enough

Fraser A decent keeper but is young, will improve

Proctor A decent squad player but not a central defender

When I was compiling this it stuck me how short we are in particular area, if we lose Black and Cowie midfield very short on quality, apart from fact we need CD and a striker

Edited by stevico1

I was at the stadium today, I know I said I wouldn't spend another penny there until Brewster is gone but my son really wants an ICT ball for Xmas, I saw Zadi there in a training kit so he has not left the club yet.

I have taken the names from the official site and removed McNulty and Kerr from the squad list because they are on loan, Wilson because it has been confirmed he is going, Djebi-Zadi because we think he may be going, Black and Cowie because I fear we will not be able to keep them while Brewster remains in charge and Brewster himself because, although registered as a player, we know he wont take part in first team games due to his shoulder.

going into the transfer window, that leaves a potentially SCARY squad in terms of inexperience and cover if we actually lose Black and Cowie and cant pick up the required central defender and experienced striker we have all been clamouring for.

GK

• Fraser - young, still learning, decent keeper but needs to command box better so DEF have confidence
  • Esson - current #1. Done well since coming in. glad he is here as #1 or #2
  • McNulty - on loan to Elgin. Not sure how decent he is

Defenders

• Hastings - having a bit of a mare this season
  • Munro - needs solid partner and confidence in his keeper. also needs to learn the Bobby Mann style of hoofing (to feet).
  • Duff - Great prospect who has done well but is young and inexperienced.
  • McGuire - Decent backup, nothing more.
  • Tokely - Legend who gives his all. sometimes though, that is not good enough.
  • Proctor - decent on the right but NOT a centre half
  • Djebi-Zadi - one who will be going ?
  • Kerr - on loan to Elgin, no idea how good.

Midfield

• McBain - can be good, can be bad, depends on the day. Useful squad player
  • Duncan - an enigma. Many dont like him but plays defensive role well. miss him when he's not playing.
  • Black - one of our two midfield stars. unfortunately, I believe he will go
  • Cowie - our other midfield star. unfortunately, I believe he will go too
  • Wilson - unfortunately, we know he is already going
  • Imrie - bags of potential at times but inexperience often shows through
  • Sutherland - looks like he has lots of potential but very little experience in being able to show it
  • Vigurs - an excellent prospect. Hasnt done much wrong but can he be the main midfielder if Black/Cowie go ?
  • Gillespie - another youngster with potential but can he develop in such an inexperienced team

Forwards

• Rooney - would be good if partnered with an experienced forward.
  • Barrowman - struggling to find himself at this level and head seems to go down and make him look lazy.
  • Wood - tries hard, and may be a good forward but like Rooney, needs experience around him.
  • McAllister - has had too long to prove himself. with 3 inexperienced strikers ahead of him its time to go.
  • Brewster - still registered as a player even though we know he wont play because of his shoulder.

I dont look at the official site much but also found this post mentioning the start date of the 09/10 SPL season quite ironic

http://www.ictfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News...1492786,00.html

going into the transfer window, that leaves a potentially SCARY squad in terms of inexperience and cover if we actually lose Black and Cowie and cant pick up the required central defender and experienced striker we have all been clamouring for.

Scotty exactly my thoughts when you lay it out it is incredibly thin...needs beefed up in almost all areas, so I hope the pot they have promised to Brewster considers this

Fraser : Is ok, got a bit complacent this season and needs to learn a bit but still good.

Esson : Best signing we made so far. Has Certainly showed why he was once considered for Scotland.

McNulty : Only 2 times i've seen him play he has been crap, enough said.

Tokely : Still the best full back we've ever had. Clearly missed when not playing.

Proctor : Still a decent right-back, but pritty useless as a center back.

Munro : Whats to say? Is ever present and is clearly hurting at seeing us play so bad.

McGuire : Is not too bad, struggled with injury and has a point to prove but still a decent center back.

Duff : The more games he plays the better he will get imo.

Kerr : On loan at Elgin, not sure.

Hastings : Has blown hot and cold all season. I think he is another to be suffering from complacency.

Djebi-Zadi : Worst headerer of the ball i've ever seen. And his defensive decisions in the reserves are scary.

Wilson : If i was gaffer he would be a regular, is sorely missed on the pitch and off imo.

Cowie : Playing badly because he is not in a comfy position but is still good, but his days are numbered.

Vigurs : One of the best young players we have. Sweet left foot and still has alot of growing to do.

Zander : He's shown in patches what he can do. 2 years on and i'm still saying i want to see him more.

Black : Arguably best player of the season. Praying that he stays.

Duncan : Absolute drivvel. Worst passer of the ball in our team. And very often loses the ball badly.

McBain : Is past his best but still has a bit of life left in him yet.

Imrie : Very inconsistent but is another suffering from being played out of position.

Rooney : Biggest goal threat we have. Should be starting more and he is only 20!

Wood : Is ok but could be better, needs to work on his first touch and his finishing.

Barrowman : Not worth his wage atm. But hasn't got the striker partner to help him.

McAllister : Has barely played, but strangely is showing real promise in the reserves.

Overall view. The most inexperienced squad i've ever seen for the SPL. We had better ones in the 1st division and we have lost too many stalwarts over the last year who have never been replaced which i think is resulting in why were so poor.

been saying for ages our midfield is a huge problem. we dont have much creative midfielders like we used to and black and cowie going along with our problems in defence and up front means we've a huge rebuilding job to do in feckin january whilst probably being marooned at the bottom by then. :rotflmao:

its difficult enough to attract quality players here with the money we've got at the best of times and add to that we still have clowns in command, well, were screwed as things stand.

Looks like, from the previous excellent posts, that the current squad has

three automatic names on the team sheet, Esson, Tokely and Munro, and without Black and Cowie there are no others.

Duncan, Rooney, McBain, Hastings, Proctor and McGuire are regarded as decent.

Imrie, Wood, Vigurs, Duff have potential.

Gillespie, Sutherland, Barrowman, McAllister have yet to prove worth for a variety of reasons.

Only three players are regarded as indispensible. Thats not instilling anyone with confidence, especially as they are not creative players, even if, as Scotty says, you add Duncan as the unsung heroes.

In the past we have had players such as Brown, Niculae, Robson, Wilson, Mann, Rankin, Dods, Bayne, Dargo, Wyness who were responsible for our decent form.

Basically, the squad has been decimated.

Edited by Kirishima