FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT sign Richard Byrne

Guest Muir-Jaggie

I've seen Byrne play a lot due to the occasional free tickets I receive for Dons games.

He's not great on at left back, but is very good at left wing and centre half. This is an opinion which many Dons fans I know share.

With Zander going on loan, possibility of Imrie leaving, perhaps left wing is the position he has been signed for?

I think he could be a decent solid signing. He'll provide much needed competition at the very least.

I also think like alot of Aberdeen players and management he would be subject to the gross over expectation at Pittodrie. Jeez Calderwood was still getting stick when he took them into Europe and beyond they group stages. Darren Mackie has been one of their most loyal subjects for years and gets weekly pelters so I take Aberdeen fans over inflated team grandeur with a pinch of salt. Fair doos they were good in the mid 80s. Thats about a quarter of a century ago though!

So if he's a freebie then aye a solid signing in ma book. We could do alot worse.

Ronaldo - I hope so. I think we have enough defenders now. For me a striker is a must and perhaps even a creative midfielder. We have enough workhorses in the team but we need folk to create and take chances.

We should make an audacious bid for Fat Ronaldo (as he is now affectionatly known I believe) Bags of experience, wealth of ability and a drinking problem to boot. The complete package!

He's still without a club i think and the weather would be good for him. Also surely a man of his talents doesnt need to be super fit to play in the SPL.

Heres the selling point though - "Hey Ron how aboot you come and play in the SPL for the wonderful club ICT. Sign for 18 months and in the next six months whilst you ease us out of relegation woes our top class fitness team (brew) will get you in the shape of your life. In the summer when a top English club comes in, you will be free to leave for due compensation.

As we're a wee diddy team and couldnt dream to afford your wages, hows aboot you play for hee haw and what we'll do is split any transfer fee received for you 50/50 right doon the middle (whilst we also negotiate a sneaky future sell on fee into any deal likes)

Hey presto, problem solved!

Ah well there goes that idea then. And as a matter of fact i was being totally sincere :rotflmao:

Wonder what Cannigia is doing nowadays?

Would it harm to try and get some old geezer like that in though. One of genuine quality. Looking just to play football.

We should make an audacious bid for Fat Ronaldo (as he is now affectionatly known I believe) Bags of experience, wealth of ability and a drinking problem to boot. The complete package!

He's still without a club i think and the weather would be good for him. Also surely a man of his talents doesnt need to be super fit to play in the SPL.

Heres the selling point though - "Hey Ron how aboot you come and play in the SPL for the wonderful club ICT. Sign for 18 months and in the next six months whilst you ease us out of relegation woes our top class fitness team (brew) will get you in the shape of your life. In the summer when a top English club comes in, you will be free to leave for due compensation.

As we're a wee diddy team and couldnt dream to afford your wages, hows aboot you play for hee haw and what we'll do is split any transfer fee received for you 50/50 right doon the middle (whilst we also negotiate a sneaky future sell on fee into any deal likes)

Hey presto, problem solved!

Maybe just thinking out of the box does help.

George Best, if I remember correctly, played for Hibs free and took 50% of the additional gate money per game (don't know how they established the additional figure) and it worked for a while.

Ronaldo playing, ICT crowd 7000, usual 4000, extra revenue ?60000, Ronaldo ?30000 - everyone happy!! What's his phone number??

Surely the last thing Byrne needs right now is to be signed by a team managed by Brewster? I mean look at his injuries history. With our "rigourous" training schedule he'll never be able to play!

To be fair Brewster seems to have a good team around him when it comes to fitness. We are very lucky with injuries and seem to manage to get the best out of guys who have had previous injuries. I hope that with Brews training in conjunction with advice from the physio they can strenghen him up to lessen the risk of injury. Look at Dargo, he was excellent for us and as soon as he left he was out for months again injured. Fingers crossed we achieve the same with Byrne.

x

Yet another short term signing. I think we can take these temporary signings as a sign that Brew is on borrowed time, and come the summer, unless things drastically improve, he could well end up following theses short termers out the door.

Still waiting for these "experienced" signings tho?

All those we've signed could be described as experienced footballers. They've been in the game for a good few years. Have all played at a similar level. Some have even played at International level. And the window ain't closed till feb 4th.

Byrne, like l_g say's could very well benifit from our fitness / medical care regime. How he performs is another matter. But at least lets be a bit more positive until proved otherwise.

This was arguably this most inevitable signing we were going to make if Lionel was to go and thats exactly what has happened. I reckon he will turn out to be a decent player for us. If anyone can get him to peak fitness it's Brewster and that may help improve Byrne as a player.

But no more defenders. we've got enough now. Centre midfielder, left winger and a striker and no bargain basement rubbish.

Then i will be happy with our January spendings.

With the exception of mihadjuks we have signed 3 players that have not cut it with their ex-SPL teams so if it is how Brew thinks we will survive relegation then **** me this guy is worse than i thought. Totally unimpressed with this signing.

This guy is possibly Brew's worst signing this season. And I have to ask why? Guy Kerr is a better defender, quicker and fitter! I doubt if he'll play in more than one game as he will end up crocked again if he does play. Also he's unlikely to be match fit for weeks yet.

Totally agree with ymip's comments above!