FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Grant Munro @ left back?

Guest GumbaRopo

Guest GumbaRopo

Is it just me but were the 3rd and 4th goals caused by Grant not having the speed to cut off the crosses after Roy was sent off? Grant is a good central defender but surely not a left back. Could or should they have put Vigurs back to left back?

Is it just me but were the 3rd and 4th goals caused by Grant not having the speed to cut off the crosses after Roy was sent off? Grant is a good central defender but surely not a left back. Could or should they have put Vigurs back to left back?

grantie isnt a left back,but in the coaches defence they werent in full charge of the team so were doing the best they could,its upto the new manager to identify who can and cant play where

grantie isnt a left back,but in the coaches defence they werent in full charge of the team so were doing the best they could,its upto the new manager to identify who can and cant play where

Who was in charge of the team then?

Who was in charge of the team then?

doc was in temporary charge for 1 game,ok maybe he made the wrong decision,but putting vigurs there without black being on the park would of stifiled the midfield and we wouldnt of produced anything,as vigurs was running most of the mid

What game were you watching ffs ?

Guest GumbaRopo

What game were you watching ffs ?

2nd & 3rd goals

if mcbain had been so stupid and mouth off to the linesman then grant wouldn't have been put in that position. i think we might have taken something from the game then. the coaches could definitely have at least put mcguire out to left back - if grant had been in the centre, i don't know if they would have scored their last 2 goals

I agree it seemed that he was willing to allow Diver to cross and backed off him which set up the 2nd goal, then for the 3rd it seemed like he decided far too late to try and close him down. It looked like Munro was put there purely because he is left footed, although I would have shoved Vigurs in at left back and gone 4-4-1

IMHO Proctor and Esson were to blame for the first goal. Munro and Proctor were to blame for the 2nd goal and Munro was to blame for the third goal. Obviously McBain was to blame for the penalty but it was a great save by Esson. BTW Mahdjuk was very good indeed!

Edited by stomach

Guest WynessLegend

Grant's been pretty poor all season - and definitely not Captain material at a time of crisis.

Hopefully our new Manager will recognise this.

But the real culprit today was McBain.

Edited by CaleyD
Abuse removed

Grant's been pretty poor all season - and definitely not Captain material at a time of crisis.

Hopefully our new Manager will recognise this.

But the real culprit today was McBain.

I agree totally, ive never rated him with the arm band, you never hear him being praised, hes just there are a goodish stopper......

What baffled me a little was the re-shuffle that moved Munro to LB.

Losing McBain left us depleted and weak on the left hand side, so why hook another left sided player to bring on McGuire? If we were going to "sacrafice" what Vigurs had been offering going forward we would have been as well to drop him to LB...he would at least have had the pace to close down the attack that led to the 3rd goal and it would have caused least disruption to the existing setup.....as it was, we chose to bring on another player, re-work the back line AND rework the middle line to accommodate the change.

More importantly, I think what led to the loss of the last goal was the fact we tried to sit back from the re-start instead of attacking the ball and forcing Hearts to play it back.

Don't think it's fair to go looking for individual scapegoats. Overall the players gave everything on Saturday and and "mistakes" were, IMO, tactical. Don't think we can have expected to fix everything overnight, and hopefully with the appointment of a new manager this week we can start to correct these formation/tactical errors....which is why it is so important that we get someone in who knows the players and the team and has been keeping a handle on where things have been falling apart for us this season.