FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Liverpool To Win The Title?

Beatonio

Despite being a fan of Everton, I concede that they are doing fantastic this season, and today's result has put them right back into the title chase. One of their main problems though is consistency, and Man Utd are on a fantastic run of form. Will Liverpool catch them? Are Chelsea out of the race? Can we write off Villa?! :rotflmao:

The latest odds from Ladbrokes are;

Man Utd - 2/7

Liverpool - 9/2

Chelsea - 8/1

Aston Villa - 25/1

Arsenal - 80/1

Also, the relegation battle is looking very interesting, closer than I've seen it in years. Anybody below the top 8 could go down! I reckon it'll be West Brom, Stoke and Middlesbrough. Ladbrokes say:

West Brom - 1/3

Stoke - 4/7

Boro - 2/1

Newcastle - 2/1

Hull - 5/2

Portsmouth - 5/2

Blackburn - 6/1

Bolton - 6/1

And another thing, what was Bosingwa thinking today? He'll be in deep trouble I think after that Karate kick on Benayoun...

Edited by Beatonio

As a fan of LFC i would love this to be our year but they have dropped too many points against lesser teams like Fulham, Hull and Stoke, twice.

They haven't strengthened at all in January due to the rift with the owners and unfortunately i think that may tell as the season draws to a close, plus the specualtion of Robbie Keane certainly dosen't appear to be helping.

Although in saying that they pulled of a terrific late win today to show there still in it but i think all they can reallistically achieve is a very close second.

In my view, Liverpol's victory today has probably handed the title to United as, in my opinion, Chelsea were their most serious rivals.

So true..

Chelsea were the only team that could run man u all the way IMO. Think they are out of it now though and Liverpool will fall away.

Can see Man Utd winning the league by a long way.

Liverpool have no chance, started dropping points soon after Ferguson's comments.......master of mind games.

You mean Rafas surely?

Hopefully Liverpool won't win anything. Gerrard is cheat. Nice diving by him yesterday. Shame he wasn't sent off.

i think they could well win the title but they need to rely on someone else than Gerrard not only to score the goals but someone who could step up to the plate if Gerrard doesn't play well. As i heard someone on the telly say if Gerrard doesn't play well then the whole team doesn't play well and they need to change that really. While i do agree that Gerrard is a great player on his day. They could do with another striker as it looks as if Robbie Keane is off back to Spurs and if Torres gets injured then they are in the same boat as Everton in the fact they dont have any decent strikers. Get another good striker then they can win the league maybe not this season but next season as well.

i think any chance they had of the title has been severely dented by the decision to sell Robbie Keane back to Spurs, that leaves them with Torres, kuyt and N.Gog as their strikers.

With Torres having suffered a few injuries this season it leaves them very lightweight up front IMO

Liverpool have no chance, started dropping points soon after Ferguson's comments.......master of mind games.

You mean Rafas surely?

Hopefully Liverpool won't win anything. Gerrard is cheat. Nice diving by him yesterday. Shame he wasn't sent off.

Sorry didn't make it clear, I actually meant Ferguson's comments that caused the Rafa outburst. "They don't have the bottle to win the league".

Weren't Rafas comments about how Ferguson bullies referees though? It seemed to come somewhat out of the blue with no comment from Ferguson preceeding it. SAF might have said something after it but the way I mind it was Rafa just exploding and ranting about what most managers in the EPL think anyway about Ferguson and his abuse of referees.

I would like to see Liverpool take the title but Rafa has lost the plot - he has hounded Keane out of the club and it may come back to bite him.

Either Torres will get injured or on the last day of the season if Liverpool are still in the hunt and Spurs visit Anfield on Sunday 24th May Keane will score and deprive them of the title....

He should have kept Keane as he may need him but instead has used him like a pawn to make a personal point to the board.... Utd though look strong and keep drafting in replacements who are just as good as those that have been injured.... therefore for me I think Utd will win it again.