FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Pavels

latviaman

Heard at my party that Pavels hasn't been issued with a contract, only till end of the season. My friend told me that Latvian FA have / are aware that he is doing ok in Scotland and lets face it Latvia need a better defence.

To me it would make business sense to sign him now, whilst he is happy/ish and then if he makes the Latvian team, you are selling an International Player

Also I passed on another name to CB and heard nothing more, a player who scored 17 times in 17 games and he speaks the same language as Eric, no IHE French, a good midfield striker. Wee but Fast

I must stress to everyone I am NOT an agent, just an expat who wants to see ICT stay in the SPL

Heard at my party that Pavels hasn't been issued with a contract, only till end of the season. My friend told me that Latvian FA have / are aware that he is doing ok in Scotland and lets face it Latvia need a better defence.

To me it would make business sense to sign him now, whilst he is happy/ish and then if he makes the Latvian team, you are selling an International Player

Also I passed on another name to CB and heard nothing more, a player who scored 17 times in 17 games and he speaks the same language as Eric, no IHE French, a good midfield striker. Wee but Fast

I must stress to everyone I am NOT an agent, just an expat who wants to see ICT stay in the SPL

So what's his name then and does he play in the Latvian league?

Why oh why do you think I would mention his name? the Club Secretary has it , now the ball is in their court

If it is the case and he has still not been offered a permanent long term deal then it really does show a lack of ambition. I agree that even if we were to go down we would be able to command a fee if somebody came in for him instead of him leaving for nothing.

The Pavels situation has been discussed now a few times and I actually expect him to be off at the end of the season irrespective of us staying up or being in the SFL next season probably to one of the other SPL sides.

Latviaman - I would forward the info on your other player to Ross County - I am sure they would pick him up and like many other County players will find his way to us eventually anyway - it will only just cost us a little bit more in money and time..... :rotflmao:

Latviaman - Pavels is as good a signing as we can get - but HE IS INEXPERIENCED and he is STILL LEARNING HIS TRADE - He has (unfortunately) provided great hope - but over expectation as well - in his first few games - I think that he could eventually REALLY bond with Munro - tactically they are made fer each other - BUT the pressure is to bond today and NOT tomorrow.

He has to stay at the end of the season - I would break the feckin bank fer him - I still think he could be a major factor in regard to keeping us up.

Come clean fer fecks sake - The Muppets ignored yer tips fer ages - Brewster is getting the plaudits fer signing a **** he had no feckin clue about !!

Get yer Latvian spondoolachs out and get me in to the feckin frame. :rotflmao:

He's a class act who never seems to get flustered. He reads the game well and makes timely good clearances. The same can't be said for Grant Munro though.

He has the potential to be a class act. Sorry - but he takes chances and has got off with them - just a few times. He has immense potential - Grant is actually the senior player - He has covered fer Pavels at times and hasnt got the credit - Pavels is yer more cultured defender - Grant is yer no nonsense defender - Ya need both - gelling - in yer system to get it to work. Butcher = Munro / Des Walker = Pavels - Get my drift ?

Id like to see him on a proper contract. and get that super striker in. The new Pahars only less injury prone! (pahars was latvian right?)

Are we even allowed to talk about it as it seems some big secret? Nowt'll come of it.

He is the sort of solid reliable central defender we have been missing since Dods departed. Unless his salary demands are grossly excessive I'd like to see him signed on a two and a half or even a three and a half year contract just as soon as possible.

Why oh why do you think I would mention his name? the Club Secretary has it , now the ball is in their court

Ha ha you reckon you have some major secret that other clubs want out of you. Need to get over yourself there your not James Bond! You reckon some player from the Latvian league is good thats all!

Edited by Joe DiMaggio

Got to get him sorted on a long term deal. The man has made our defence look like a defence again. He is big, solid and has a really solid presence at the back.

EXACTLY what we need.. it's been no coincidence that since he has signed we've seen a massive improvement in our defensive record and our points tally. I would go the whole hog and offer 4 years because trust me there will be plenty of clubs sniffing about next season

I will be gutted if he isn't signed up for at least 3 years

Nobody is going to have contract talks till we know we're staying up. The club and Butcher have publicly stated that. We would not be able to afford the wages if we're relegated so there's not much point debating it IMO.

what's wrong with offering a contract that has a relegation release clause? at least that way we would be guarenteed some money if he leaves

Players like Pavels are hard to come across, look at McPake for Livi, he is decent but nothing special and ended up being signed by Coventry (I think).... there are next to no decent centre halves in Scotland outside the top six and if we secure a contract for him we could make a pretty penny.. or we could let him go for free and let some other team have the business

Morais, Ghatuessi are players that might not be needed Pavels is a necessity if we ever expect to come back into the SPL.. that is IF we are relegated