FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Who's The Best Player You've Ever Seen

Renegade

Thierry Henry. But just seeing Ronaldinho was enough for me, even if he didn't play particularly well.

You reckon Henry's a better player than Ronaldinho ?

Ronaldinho did absolutely nothing the time I saw him. He even got subbed! Henry set-up one and scored another.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now your talking

Lots of fantastic players mentioned, and we cannae criticise the young uns for being young, not their fault, blame the parents...........or the parents parents.

Anyway, my Bobby Mann, was slightly tongue in cheek, he was however a superb reader of the game and a fantastic stopper and distributor of the ball, always looking to build from the back.

When you have seen the best in the world, it is difficult to make comparisons to the modern player. Lots of great players in the English game just now, most of them foreigners.

Bobby Moore, Dalgleish, Law, Pele............now theres a name and I mean thee Pele........... in his heyday, but look at the likes of Messi, Ronaldinho, Henry............the list is endless now as the great game is so much in our faces thanks to SKY and the likes of online streaming.

It is a great game with many great players and everybody will have their own favourites, so I suppose this thread could be endless, or timeless, like all great players.

Denis Law, Bobby Charlton and George Best with McCreadie, Chopper Harris and Charlie Cook in opposition

Charlie Cooke is back in the UK just now doing a bit of fund raising for us,you can go out for your denner with him on 25th May for a mere ?75,sure he would have some great stories.

1FZ_charlie_cooke.jpg

In answer to the original post,recent years Cannigia and further back probably George Best.

Kenny Dalgleish by a country mile

I agree Kenny Dalglish. Saw him play quite a few times.

Remember a battle royal between him and Alan Hansen in a Partick Thistle vs. Celtic game a season or so before they both went to Liverpool.

Hansen was a great player in his position. Had " Jim Baxter " style about him.

If I had ever have seen them play I woud have opted for Denis Law or Jim Baxter.

Some people have mentioned world class players who were legends but were shite on the day they saw them.

My vote would have to go to a true legend who actually showed his class - Johann Cruyff, who tore Rangers apart at Ibrox in 1973. Rangers at that time were a good side.

I'd put Dalglish a ba'hair behind Cruyff as I saw him many times for Celtic and Scotland.

I also saw Law, Johnstone, Moore, Charlton, Beckenbauer, etc, etc.

But to be fair, I also saw Rangers - with players who were never big stars - easily beat Bayern which included 6 of the side which won the World Cup with West Germany, including Beckenbauer and Muller. Back then Scottish players could compete with the best.

I saw Baxter and Best too, but they were both past it by then.

Edited by The Mantis

McGeady ? How old are you ?

Yes McGeady, i havent really seen any other good players play against Inverness that has provided more of a threat to us than Aidan McGeady.

BTW am 16, 17 soon :crazy03: :crazy03:

Surely Latapy would be better than him no?

I think we're straying off topic a bit here . The question posed was " Who's the best player you've ever seen " , not " whats the best individual performance you've seen " .nav_m.gif

Why don't I just list all the players I've seen then, and you can pick which one's the best? :lol:

Because of the games i've been to with Scotland over the last 8 years or so, i've been lucky to see Argentina, France, Holland, Germany, Italy and the like. The players that had an absolute stormer and really made me worried every time they were on the ball were:

Seedorf (who played 45 mins in the match we won 1-0)

Tevez (in the friendly we got beat 1-0 in last year)

Ribery (in the Paris match we won 1-0)

David Bentley (Arsenal v Middlesbrough, FA Cup 4th round, 24 January 2004) .

Seen him in the Tottenham Spartak match in december. He was pi$h on the night though - Modric and Lennon were brilliant that night. Lennon came on at half time when Tottenham were 2 down and ripped them apart down the right wing and set up the equaliser.

Went to a Lyon vs Le Mans match when i was staying in Le mans, Karim Benzema scored the best goal i have ever seen in the flesh so probably him. Have to say though, lyon fans are absolute prats.

Zinedine Zidane play for RM aginst Mallorca. Absolute legend.

I think we're straying off topic a bit here . The question posed was " Who's the best player you've ever seen " , not " whats the best individual performance you've seen " .nav_m.gif

Why don't I just list all the players I've seen then, and you can pick which one's the best? :moon02:

Eh ? :lol: