FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Juanjo

He was a popular man at the club so many of you will be pleased to know that, after some time in the wilderness Juanjo has told me he has a new club and is settling in Famagusta, Cyprus playing for Asil FC.

Juanjo had been keen to return to Inverness but sadly got nowhere with his approaches.

He wishes all at Caley Thistle well for our Championship winning campaign.

http://www.asil-fc.com/main/

IIRC he was a regular player for ICT, then was hit with a bad injury and was out for quite a while. When he came back he only seemed to be on the bench, with Brewster and then Charlie Christie seemingly having him out of favour. CC then loaned him out to Hamilton or somewhere, and wasn't offered a new contract. Disappeared for a few years playing for some smaller lower league Spanish sides. Over the last couple of years he went on trial with Bournemouth but they didn't rate him. Came to ICT, Brewster thought he was good but didn't offer him a contract and then went on trial with County. County felt he was a good player but felt they already had enough similar players, touting then new signing Richie Hart as one of them.

• 3 weeks later...

Wiki also says he made just 11 appearances for us and scored 1 goal.

I'd be interested to know who he really is playing for if anyone can find out. Asil had something about him on their official site so I'd be tempted to go with that.

• 2 weeks later...

Terrific player. Fantastic skill.

This is the first time that I have seen any real footage of him.

Beautiful athlete, superbly balanced, no wasted, effort-- not like a headless chicken running around. Acelerates effortlessly and ball control superb. Delkicate touches everywhere. Just a delight to experience his performamnce.

Maybe his greatest gift is his cool head----and his confidence.

Ah dear , why would anyone want to let him go without endless effort to keep him and allow him to improve.?

As somneone said, a joy to watch and worth the price of admission alone,

Wiki also says he made just 11 appearances for us and scored 1 goal.

I'd be interested to know who he really is playing for if anyone can find out. Asil had something about him on their official site so I'd be tempted to go with that.

i think the 11 starts refers to his loan spell at Hamilton while he was with us. I don't know how many appearences he made but i'm pritty sure he got something like 7 or 8 goals before he got crocked.