FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Striker search

• 2 weeks later...

Ya were rite Oats but so was I - again!!

12 August 2006

PARS BID TO SIGN DE VRIES IS OVER

DUNFERMLINE V RANGERS

By Gary Ralston

JIM LEISHMAN has finally admitted defeat in his bid to sign Mark de Vries.

The Dunfermline boss and his chairman John Yorkston spent yesterday attempting to pull together a contract that would see the former Hearts striker make his debut against Rangers.

But they had to call off talks when it became clear the deal was too rich for the Pars, even as a loan signing.

Dutch star De Vries is on around £7000 a week at Leicester and although he would happily return to Scotland, he is now set to focus on rebuilding his career at the Walkers Stadium.

Guest kingkojak

elliot would be a brilliant signing - foolishly put him in my dream team when i hoped he be getting a regular game at tynie.. :006:

• 2 weeks later...

If Jim Hamilton was decent he wouldn't have played for 10 different teams in as many years. Him turning us down for County was a blessing in disguise.

Any truth in rumours that CC said he was waiting to see the CV's of 2 young players we are interested in?? I wonder what a players CV looks like anyway  :006:

If Jim Hamilton was decent he wouldn't have played for 10 different teams in as many years. Him turning us down for County was a blessing in disguise.

He has obviously been good enough to a job for all those teams over the years otherwise he wouldn't be given an option of a contract somewhere else  :006:

I think he would be an ideal signing for us an not a player that would fall out with the club if he wasn't first team every week.  He has plenty of SPL experience and wouldn't demand a massive contract or a fee for that matter.  I'm struggling to see a downside???? (apart from the fact he played for the tinks but lets face it half our team have also been that idiotic)

• 2 weeks later...