FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Eduardo

rinomac

Does this not make UEFA look reeeeally stupid? They gave the guy a 2 match ban for blatant cheating, then as soon as Arsenal appeal, oh yes, sorry we were wrong! If they want to stamp out diving then they have to start banning these guys, and make an example of them. And it has to be consistan. It's not going to work if they ban Mikoliunas and then a year or so later, ban Eduardo. All Football Associations should be clamping down on the cheats in the game. If Aiden McGeady was sent off the other week for a second yellow for simulation, then why isn't he being banned?

What really gets me is how UEFA banned him for diving and then the appeal comes through and after another look, he suddenly didn't dive. Unbelievable. Just goes to show that it's not only the SFA who get things wrong.

Edited by rinomac

Absolute disgrace. Any clown can see from the video evidence that eduardo dived, therefore gaining an advantage by cheating. There was no appeal in my opinion. Makes a mockery of the whole system and sends out the wrong signals

knida disagree with you guys so far, completley agree that he dived but to give him a 2 game ban and then no-one else one is stupid. They should of banned him and then studied every champ league game till the end of the season and banned every one of them. Also they gave him a 2 match ban which is 4 times the normal diving punishment (a yellow card) so all in all it was obvious knee-jerk reaction to the furore caused by the sfa. Funny that they remove the ban the day the group stages began, i wonder if they realised that rooney and ronaldo are both playing tonight and cant be bothered with the inevitable agro.

That all said i reckon they do need to sort it out, think the 2 match ban would have worked if they give everyone else the same punishment, banning one man because of some media withc hunt was a stupid idea, got to be all or nothing

knida disagree with you guys so far, completley agree that he dived but to give him a 2 game ban and then no-one else one is stupid. They should of banned him and then studied every champ league game till the end of the season and banned every one of them.

That's what I was saying with Mikoliunas. They need to be consistent or it is never going to work banning one high profile player every so often, or one from a high profile game.

They had to scrap the 2 match ban IMO. Only becuase a few weeks ago they said that they would not be doing it for any more diving cases. You cant ban one player and not the rest

I do think that he deserves to get banned but everybody else who dived would need to be banned as well which as they said is not going to happen so they need to be consistent so they shouldnt ban Eduardo

Just shows how much influence the big clubs have in the corridors of power.

Justs sends out the message that if you get caught and banned for blatant cheating, hey as long as you appeal, you'll get off scot-free.

And the ironic thing is he scored the winner for Arsenal last night.

I wonder what Wenger thought of the outrageous dive for the second Standard Liege goal?

Was never a dive, Gallas clearly swiped his leg

I thought the punishment was harsh to be honest but agree it definitely was a dive but to overturn the decision just makes them look a completely amateur outfit.

I sAW Terry on the t.v last night. His patter was pish.

He was talking about Eduardo's dive against Celtic but, I didn't hear him say much after Russell Duncan dived against Falkirk last season......

They're all at it.......

i thought he spoke pretty well actually, he was asked about the Eduardo incident and commented. if he was or is aksed about the Duncan incident similarly i imagine he would give his take on the topic

Many managers will not openly berate their players in the media for diving or play acting so i dont see any problem in not speaking to the media or having a press release on the subject. Often it will be dealt with internally. Did mowbray recently comment on McGeady getting sent off for diving? not that i'm aware.... but i'm sure there would have been something said or done about it

I sAW Terry on the t.v last night. His patter was pish.

He was talking about Eduardo's dive against Celtic but, I didn't hear him say much after Russell Duncan dived against Falkirk last season......

They're all at it.......

I think he is one of the better commentators, what he says makes sense to me and what's more we can all understand what he is saying.

I would think he must be a good advert for the club and this exposure could reap rewards if/when he requires to sign players.

Duncan dived in completly different circumstances. Falkirk had been cheating throughout the game. Late challenges, hitting an ICT player off the ball, diving to win a penalty and get a man sent off, and constantly feigning injury to waste time. If your opponents are cheating then I see nothing wrong with fighting fire with fire.

His jokes were rotten and his commentary generic.

Duncan dived because he thought it was going to gain ICT an advantage. Eduardo dived because he wanted to gain Arsenal and advantage. Cheating. Our players do it too. Didn't hear many calls for Adam Rooney's two match ban from those that thought he dived against the unwashed. Artur Boruc has shown contempt to many of his opponents throughout his career, so **** him. Remember Lennon's 'simulation' against Juanjo at the tip? It was just Celtic's turn to be on the receiving end.

In some countries diving isn't viewed as that great an offence but in this country folk go mental. If Tokley crunches someone we all stand up and cheer, yet if someone dives we want blood.

There is so much cheating, done by all teams, and ICT are as high up the list as any team.

Eduardo is still a sneaky wee jobbie stabber though and Falkirk probably do top the (my) cheaters list.

Duncan dived because he thought it was going to gain ICT an advantage. Eduardo dived because he wanted to gain Arsenal and advantage. Cheating. Our players do it too. Didn't hear many calls for Adam Rooney's two match ban from those that thought he dived against the unwashed. Artur Boruc has shown contempt to many of his opponents throughout his career, so **** him. Remember Lennon's 'simulation' against Juanjo at the tip? It was just Celtic's turn to be on the receiving end.

In some countries diving isn't viewed as that great an offence but in this country folk go mental. If Tokley crunches someone we all stand up and cheer, yet if someone dives we want blood.

There is so much cheating, done by all teams, and ICT are as high up the list as any team.

Eduardo is still a sneaky wee jobbie stabber though and Falkirk probably do top the (my) cheaters list.

So what do you propose to combat this problem?

I think the most frustraiting thing about Eduardo's dive is because he really didn't need to do it.... what I mean by that is; his side already had 2 away goals and they were clearly on top during the game. I think if it was in a more competitive fixture people might understand the dive from desperation to win (win at all costs attitude) but the game was almost a competitive friendly by that point in the game and Eduardo still took it upon himself to cheat, which shows poor sportmanship as well as real underlying thought process to want to cheat

I think the most frustraiting thing about Eduardo's dive is because he really didn't need to do it.... what I mean by that is; his side already had 2 away goals and they were clearly on top during the game. I think if it was in a more competitive fixture people might understand the dive from desperation to win (win at all costs attitude) but the game was almost a competitive friendly by that point in the game and Eduardo still took it upon himself to cheat, which shows poor sportmanship as well as real underlying thought process to want to cheat

good point and its a factor that is rife in european football but how on earth can we erradicate it, laws can punish offenders but mentality is very hard to change especially with so many foreign footballers in this country being brought up in a different football culture

Was never a dive, Gallas clearly swiped his leg

Really? Looks like he is goes down under almost no contact to me. I wasn't watching the game. I just got a goal alert on Sky and jumped to the game and saw one angle. The report in the Times / Guardian talks about it being a dive saying "The irony was lost on no one".

So what do you propose to combat this problem?

It's up to the clubs and the players. They can stop the cheating. I think that its a problem that's here to stay though.

I can always understand a player that dives, they are cheating. I think Eduardo did it out habit. He can't control which games he does it in because there is a growing culture in football where deceiving the ref is normal so he does it all the time.

Here, in all seriousness though, did you see Celtic playing last night? They would get diddled in the champions league.