FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

QOS -V- ICT : matchday thread

Scotty

It's funny how everybody who missed the game is jumping to conclusions about Duncan.

What about Foran? An absolutely shocking tackle in the first half which alone could have merited a red card, but left him on a yellow and almost certain to be sent off. I'm a big Foran fan, but today the post match talk should be about how he cost us the game, not Duncan. Baz made the most of it, but it looked like there was contact.

BTW the ref Mr Muir was out of his depth today. An absolute snorter of a game but never dirty. You always know the ref's poor if he upsets both sets of fans.

think most of duncans detractors made up their mind about him a long while back and aren't for turning.

:hale:

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He and Lilley were sent off after a melee following the Queens free kick and Forans second yellow. Perhaps some of those who didn't even see what happened but still find it necessary to form their own opinions and issue abusive remarks should take a look in the mirror and then decide who the imbecile's are.

I was actually referring to Duncans only natural ability in being able to talk himself into the referee's book. It seems this time he didn't talk himself into the book, he only squared up to Lilley.

The weirdest thing just happened, the names Alex MacLeod and Russell Duncan just appeared in my misted up mirror. Make of that, what you will.

Pick up a home matchday programme and you me even see both names close together on one of the pages. If I dont stick up for him nobody else will.

Trouble with many ICT fans is they never seem to see the good in any player. Only the mistakes. Its not their mirrors that get misted over, its their eyes. :hale:

And, like Mantis say's, nobody is referring to Foran as being a dikedd. Is that because Foran probably has more yellow's than Duncan?

I don't think Duncan is nearly as bad as some people make out, yes he is not the best passer of the ball but is the type of player that does a thankless job in the team and is missed when he is not there.

Would be interested to hear from those that were at the game today how the defence played as have thought that Tokley and Golly have been poor recently and wondering if it looked better without them

Edited by stevico1

Any one of the small number of Caley fans who made the long trip south today will surely be heading homeward tonight with a great big smile on their face. Their team managed a grand total of two shots on target and one of those went in whilst the home side dominated 99% of the match yet could only convert one of their many chances.

Thats the first paragraph from the official QoS website match report. Want a laugh read the rest HERE

Any one of the small number of Caley fans who made the long trip south today will surely be heading homeward tonight with a great big smile on their face. Their team managed a grand total of two shots on target and one of those went in whilst the home side dominated 99% of the match yet could only convert one of their many chances.

Thats the first paragraph from the official QoS website match report. Want a laugh read the rest HERE

I've never read such shameless bullsh*t in all my life. "The highlanders escaped a thrashing and managed to smuggle a point up the A9". :lol:

FWIW, I thought it was a very, very poor quality game in the first half but kicked into life in the second, unfortunately with the wrong result for us. Esson did make a couple of cracking saves, but I'd say we probably had more of the possession over the piece and just weren't effective enough at creating chances with it. Naelifts is spot on about the incredible amount of work Rooney got through today and also, sadly, about Eric, who just couldn't get into the game at all. Maybe he'll be more effective in a game where we counter-attack more, but he looked lost sitting in behind Rooney. Thought Duncan had a good game up until the sending off - as Mantis said, he is a much more dominant presence than Cox. Proctor was solid at right back and LDZ didn't do much wrong although there were a couple of choice Lionelisms when he went to clear the ball up the line under very little pressure and sliced it wildly into the stand.

The away support was understandably small but created a great atmosphere. Possibly some of the criticism of Barry Wilson after he won the the free kick for the equaliser was a little harsh, but I'd need to see it again. He did seem to go down easily and it didn't look like a bad tackle, but it was from behind.

With the suspensions and injuries, next week is going to be interesting now. Proctor should be safe cover at right back. I think I'd prefer to see McBain than LDZ at left back, although I won't be bothered if Lionel is given his chance again. The interesting decisions are to be made in midfield and up front. Surely Sanchez must come back in, but does Eric keep his place despite an anonymous display yesterday? Will Barrowman come in from the cold? Will the Eagle soar once more? Probably not.

Edited by alternative maryhill

Not much extra to say, dreadful ref, noisy crowd, fab Hayes goal. I would have taken both Lionel and Eric off at half time, Lionel was spectacularily everywhere but not in a good way, and Eric just seemed too weak and offered nothing. A pity, but I hope Sanchez is back starting next week. And if Golly is still out I would prefer to see Roy at LB.

As for the fat steward with the face of a pig, I am considering complaining to QoS. The rights and wrongs of standing aside, common courtesy would not go amiss with paying customers.

What was Russell's first yellow for? I was pretty sure he hadn't been booked already, which was why everyone was going bananas - they were trying to tell the ref that he hadn't booked Duncan before. Didn't look like a free kick either, from the main stand, and Muir moved the wall back 11 yards. He should really have gone the whole hog and taken the kick himself.

Foran and Eric should have been given the hook at half-time. Foran was a bit lucky not to get booked at the end of the first half, but why was Queen's no 4 not booked for gesturing that he was going throw the ball at TB. In the second half every player that Eric went near went down like he'd been shot.

The referee made a complete mess of things. A couple of early yellows would have calmed things down. Instead he let the agricultural stuff go, and pulled up really nit-picky stuff. Note the SFA - if he ain't good enough for the SPL, we really don't want him either.

Wow. A report where the home fan obviously wasn't at the game!

What was Russell's first yellow for? I was pretty sure he hadn't been booked already, which was why everyone was going bananas - they were trying to tell the ref that he hadn't booked Duncan before.

I wondered this too ...... the stats sites I watch as the game progresses showed only Foran and Odhiambo booked for us but when Duncan was sent off the radio man (Des McKeown) definitely said it was a second yellow. I twittered back to openallmics but no confirmation. perhaps someone who was at the game can confirm ?

http://stats.caleythistleonline.com/matchdetails.php?id=370

post-2-1260120782.png

post-2-1260120787.png

post-2-1260120797.png

What was Russell's first yellow for? I was pretty sure he hadn't been booked already, which was why everyone was going bananas - they were trying to tell the ref that he hadn't booked Duncan before.

I wondered this too ...... the stats sites I watch as the game progresses showed only Foran and Odhiambo booked for us but when Duncan was sent off the radio man (Des McKeown) definitely said it was a second yellow. I twittered back to openallmics but no confirmation. perhaps someone who was at the game can confirm ?

http://stats.caleythistleonline.com/matchdetails.php?id=370

I was there Scotty. First thing (well first repeatable thing) I said was that he hadn't been booked. The only reason the people were saying it was for a second bookable offence was the that tool Muir showed a yellow card (at which point I thought - phew, that's a relief), then the red came out.

Why can't we have 4th officials in the SFL?

The only reason the people were saying it was for a second bookable offence was the that tool Muir showed a yellow card (at which point I thought - phew, that's a relief), then the red came out.

That makes sense - the ref made (another) mistake and showed the wrong card, when he had intended to show both a straight red .... it also makes the reason for booking on sportbox site make sense too as "violent behaviour" is not a yellow card offence it is a red card one.

After watching the highlights I reckon the ref has had a shocker. I can understand why Foran got sent off but there was no need to send Duncan or Lilley off. Just give them a talking to and get on with the match. The same for Butcher it happens with all managers when they dont get a decision. They have a bit of a rant but you saw that he went back to his dugout and that should have been the end of it but instead the ref needs to try and remind everybody that he is on the pitch as well.

The only reason the people were saying it was for a second bookable offence was the that tool Muir showed a yellow card (at which point I thought - phew, that's a relief), then the red came out.

That makes sense - the ref made (another) mistake and showed the wrong card, when he had intended to show both a straight red .... it also makes the reason for booking on sportbox site make sense too as "violent behaviour" is not a yellow card offence it is a red card one.

But he'd already shown the red card to Lilley, so he had the card out. He fished out the yellow, showed it to Duncan, and then showed the red.