FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

QOS -V- ICT : matchday thread

Scotty

So that's 2 from a possible 21 from the top four, shocking!!!

Almost beggers belief for the club relegated from the higher division.

Why? Some of our fans need to get a reality check. I appreciate there was the typical pre season optimism that you see from nearly every team relegated from the SPL into SFL1 but there were signs early on we wouldn't be good enough to sustain a title challenge. All four of those teams are better than us.

----------------

Now playing: Innerpartysystem - Die Tonight Live Forever

via FoxyTunes

Yes I know and I didn't expect to be prompted this season but to do as poorly as that against the better teams in this mediocre league certainly beggers my belief !

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So that's 2 from a possible 21 from the top four, shocking!!!

Almost beggers belief for the club relegated from the higher division.

Why? Some of our fans need to get a reality check. I appreciate there was the typical pre season optimism that you see from nearly every team relegated from the SPL into SFL1 but there were signs early on we wouldn't be good enough to sustain a title challenge. All four of those teams are better than us.

----------------

Now playing: Innerpartysystem - Die Tonight Live Forever

via FoxyTunes

Yes I know and I didn't expect to be prompted this season but to do as poorly as that against the better teams in this mediocre league certainly beggers my belief !

And mine, I also didn't expect to bounce back up but those are shocking stats

A cracking blood n thunder encounter today. The 'troubles' kicked off early doors as a few agricultural tackles resulted in handbags. The fact the ref didn't have the cahones to book a player from both sides early on and get it over with meant it was open season. Still, great entertainment.

Queens had the best of the opening 15 minutes. Esson had a fantastic game today. Commanding his box, excellent distribution - his kicking is immense - and a save in the first quarter hour that kept us afloat.

Our re-jigged defence was looking reasonably ok with Proctor and Lionel seeming to slot in without too much bother. Lionel was certainly roughing up a few of the Queens players (which caused some of the friction) but had none of the bomb-scare moments I've been reading about.

Hayes opener was against the run of play and was really his first proper foray into the opposition box. He got lucky with the first tackle, the ball ran nicely for him, and it was a class finish inside the far post.

Cox, Foran and Duncan came into the game a bit more after the goal but I'm afrain Odhiambo doesn't look like he fits anywhere in this side. Adam did his best to hold up the ball and was a general nuisance to the opposition defence.

It was end to end up to the break but there were few efforts that really tested the keepers. This was a tackle fest and a few last gasp efforts kept both sides interested at the break.

The small band (120 again?) of ICT supporters sang their socks off throughout. Well done guys despite the jobsworth 'security' hassle. The bar at the main stand is a great throat loosener!

Into the second half and it was still good entertainment. Barry Wilson got one of the biggest cheers of the day and was the story of the second half.

Foran trailed him for a few yards as he ran diagoanally across the park. Going nowhere and with a good number of players between him and goal Richie stretched for the ball and Barry - as Barry does - caught his foot and went to ground. In itself not a bookable offence, but maybe it was for persistent fouling, or backchat but off Foran went.

At this moment we all started singing 'happy birthday to you' to Mrs Gringo as the Gringos left to catch their train and I'm sure a few of us must have missed the free kick as it ended up behind Esson.

Duncan and Lilley had a set-to as they tried to retrieve the ball, another melee and once the dust had selttled we were down to 9 men with the gaffer already in the stand.

9 v 10 but in all honesty they really pushed hard to the end. A Sanchez cameo, then Imrie got a run and made some really good incursions.

But it was the persistent booing of Barry wilson that was perhaps the story of the day. "Hall of Fame...yer having a laugh", "Cheat cheat cheat" were some of the kinder remarks. At the end he kind of wandered over to us and gave a little shrug as if to say 'what can I do?'

A point apiece, which isn't really satisfying for either side but probably a fair reflection of the day.

Can anyone confirm how much of an imbecile Duncan was to merit a straight red? :004:

He never got a straight red, the Queens man did. Duncan was booked before. There was a tussle as they went to get the ball out of the net after the equaliser. Quite a few players were involved.

There was another brawl in the first half after Lionel was fouled and Lionel and the Queens no 2? were booked.

I'm actually quiet glad he won't be playing next week. Not have as good as he thinks he is, but seems to be another one who should you not rate him, others come on foaming at the mouth

I personally think Duncan makes us a better side and had a decent game today - covered a lot of ground, tracked back, all the usual stuff he does in away games. Much better than anonymous Cox anyway.

The only people who foam at the mouth are those who don't rate him. Why do people say things like 'get the f**k away from our club Duncan' if they're not foaming at the mouth. BTW he got a chant today :( :) :lol: Only a hundred away fans but plenty of noise - ask somebody who was actually there whether Duncan put in a shift.

I don't know if it's clear from all the posts, but it was a 'foul' on Barry by Foran that got the equaliser from Bob Harris's free kick, otherwise we would probably have won. I know Baz was getting dog's abuse (and apparently he just shrugged over at us at full time as if to say it was his job) but he won us plenty soft free kicks over the years so I'm not complaining.

Edited by The Mantis

I have lost all respect for barry wilson.

What did he do that was so horrific to lose your respect? Did he send a wee message to the ICT support? Did he rub it in to them when Queens scored? Or was it just the fact he was was trying to help the team he currently plays for a goal? You may not have noticed yet, but he doesn't play for ICT anymore.

What did he do that was so horrific to lose your respect? Did he send a wee message to the ICT support? Did he rub it in to them when Queens scored? Or was it just the fact he was was trying to help the team he currently plays for a goal? You may not have noticed yet, but he doesn't play for ICT anymore.

And I think if it had been his choice he would still be with us, but to be fair to MissICT it was probably heat of the moment stuff as she left the game disappointed

Edited by stevico1

What did he do that was so horrific to lose your respect? Did he send a wee message to the ICT support? Did he rub it in to them when Queens scored?

Apparently as Foran walked off he made a " 1 - 0" gesture to the Home fans and then turned round to see Harris fire an equaliser :004:

Edited by RiG

Personally I think Duncan has done pretty well for us this year. He has had a few dodgy moments but nothing so bad that people should be giving him abuse. So what if he was crap over the last few years. He his doing a decent enough job so far this year so I hope he will continue when he gets back from suspension

That is not including today's game since I was not there

He and Lilley were sent off after a melee following the Queens free kick and Forans second yellow. Perhaps some of those who didn't even see what happened but still find it necessary to form their own opinions and issue abusive remarks should take a look in the mirror and then decide who the imbecile's are.

I was actually referring to Duncans only natural ability in being able to talk himself into the referee's book. It seems this time he didn't talk himself into the book, he only squared up to Lilley.

The weirdest thing just happened, the names Alex MacLeod and Russell Duncan just appeared in my misted up mirror. Make of that, what you will.

And I think if it had been his choice he would still be with us, but to be fair to MissICT it was probably heat of the moment stuff as she left the game disappointed

He most definately would Steve

Without Russell Duncan we'd have no experience at all in the centre of the park.

Week in week out he loses his rag at everyone and anything, he is a liability when he kicks off because he seems to always think hes a tough guy.. I will say no more on the subject on this thread..

A cracking day out again for this fan who has yet to see his team win this season! An all action competitive 1st Div encounter with plenty talking points.

Congratulations to

1) Adam Rooney for a proper shift........worked his socks off

2) Ryan Essen......a busy afternoon and a commanding performance

3) Mrs Gringo......for coming of age and being directly responsible for me missing the equaliser!

4) Our fans........the noisiest and most amusing band of 100 people in the UK today without doubt

Not so good

1) Mr Butcher......are you blind man?

2) Eric..............sorry to single you out but...........oh dear

Now who can honestly say (of those that were there) that they would rather have been at Parkhead or Tynecastle etc..........not me!

PS Those staying over in Dumfries.........hope you paint the town red

It's funny how everybody who missed the game is jumping to conclusions about Duncan.

What about Foran? An absolutely shocking tackle in the first half which alone could have merited a red card, but left him on a yellow and almost certain to be sent off. I'm a big Foran fan, but today the post match talk should be about how he cost us the game, not Duncan. Baz made the most of it, but it looked like there was contact.

BTW the ref Mr Muir was out of his depth today. An absolute snorter of a game but never dirty. You always know the ref's poor if he upsets both sets of fans.

Edited by The Mantis

He and Lilley were sent off after a melee following the Queens free kick and Forans second yellow. Perhaps some of those who didn't even see what happened but still find it necessary to form their own opinions and issue abusive remarks should take a look in the mirror and then decide who the imbecile's are.

I was actually referring to Duncans only natural ability in being able to talk himself into the referee's book. It seems this time he didn't talk himself into the book, he only squared up to Lilley.

The weirdest thing just happened, the names Alex MacLeod and Russell Duncan just appeared in my misted up mirror. Make of that, what you will.

Pick up a home matchday programme and you me even see both names close together on one of the pages. If I dont stick up for him nobody else will.

Trouble with many ICT fans is they never seem to see the good in any player. Only the mistakes. Its not their mirrors that get misted over, its their eyes. :hale:

And, like Mantis say's, nobody is referring to Foran as being a dikedd. Is that because Foran probably has more yellow's than Duncan?

Guest Mahonio

5er says Mahonio starts a brand new thread titles 'butcher must go' (or words to that effect) :lol:

You've just lost that ?5 because i am going to disappoint you and not start one :hale: :lol: