FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Who's it to be?

TopSix

Even if Robbo were to be offered the job at some time in the future I don't see what the fact that he has not been a Manager recently has to do with it.

Unless at 31 he has developed Alzheimers disease, or vertigo from growing too tall in the interim. :bluesbros:

I don't think this thread will impress Mr Butcher at this time when the poor gent, with extremely limited resources at his disposal and witha fractured team of still-gelling (that's a 3 step advance on still-born) young, somewhat inexperienced men not about to bring home the bacon, still (oops, sorry about the alliteration) has not even completed his one year contract.

As for others mentioned, any man who can make and gamble away a million pounds, having worked for ICT , then Aberdeen, must have brains. I mean, where did all the play money come from in the first place unless he was smart enough to have hired a creative Accountant....?

I once knew a gambler who ruined his marriage, stole money from Santa Claus and alienated all his friends, stole the money I paid him to put a new engine in my GMC van and then disappeared into the bush ,emerging unshaven and haggard a couple of months later to face a reporter, and a T V camera, who asked him why he did such things ;then ran back into the bushes....... and never has been seen since in a pair of Gucci shoes.

I am not going to moralise since I well remember the old adage .."There but for the Grace of God go I" but hiring someone with a "background" is risky.And invites no end of "I told you so-ers" to come out of the woodwork if, and when, things go wrong.

CC probably never had his heart in the job anyway so I would be very surprised if he even was considered again.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if Robbo were to be offered the job at some time in the future I don't see what the fact that he has not been a Manager recently has to do with it.

Unless at 31 he has developed Alzheimers disease, or vertigo from growing too tall in the interim. :(

I don't think this thread will impress Mr Butcher at this time when the poor gent, with extremely limited resources at his disposal and witha fractured team of still-gelling (that's a 3 step advance on still-born) young, somewhat inexperienced men not about to bring home the bacon, still (oops, sorry about the alliteration) has not even completed his one year contract.

As for others mentioned, any man who can make and gamble away a million pounds, having worked for ICT , then Aberdeen, must have brains. I mean, where did all the play money come from in the first place unless he was smart enough to have hired a creative Accountant....?

I once knew a gambler who ruined his marriage, stole money from Santa Claus and alienated all his friends, stole the money I paid him to put a new engine in my GMC van and then disappeared into the bush ,emerging unshaven and haggard a couple of months later to face a reporter, and a T V camera, who asked him why he did such things ;then ran back into the bushes....... and never has been seen since in a pair of Gucci shoes.

I am not going to moralise since I well remember the old adage .."There but for the Grace of God go I" but hiring someone with a "background" is risky.And invites no end of "I told you so-ers" to come out of the woodwork if, and when, things go wrong.

CC probably never had his heart in the job anyway so I would be very surprised if he even was considered again.

:bluesbros:

What?!

One of the biggest problems with Christie is that he felt every defeat too much precisely because his heart was in the job.

I don't think we should be discounting our most successful manager too readily, especially when it seemed to be there were more than the normal pressures persuading him to pick a certain someone or stand-aside for a certain someone else.

I also don't think we should discount the man who basically built the club in Pele. Yep, he had problems that he's now trying (successfully it would appear) to conquer. He was in the midst of those troubles right through our rebuilding mind you and it never stopped him then.

I do think this is quite typical of ICT in that something will happen in a few months time but there appears to be nothing happening in advance of it, whether that's Rankin, Black, Dods or Butcher. START TALKING NOW! Give the club a chance. What is there to lose?

Guest Mahonio

I am willing to give Butch time (it may surprise some) but on the subject of who is next (whenever that may be, probably at the end of season) i would say Alan Moore is my choice because John Robertson is being linked with United post (i heard him talking about it on Open all Mics on Mon) and i don't like former managers to come back to clubs and this is not because of the Brew debacle, i felt that way, way before that.

Hi folks, if you have a look at my original post it's about the possibilties of a Highland League manager who is up and coming being able to make the grade at ICT. I understand some people are unhappy about me creating this thread - CaleyD being one insofar as his thoughts that we should be getting behind the current management team BUT my take on this is that TB and MM won't be at ICT longterm so the reasoning behind it is to gleam any info on young, ambitious managers who could move us forward. I'm reading Peles book at the moment and I admire him for writing it. I admire the fact that he is honest in it and that it casts a bigger picture of the club - our club - which is a small club has, in many ways, lost direction and in some respects ambition.

There's a much bigger issue here and we've gone over it countless times on other forums. So, are there any future prospective managers who, in the long run, might fit bill?

OK top six. Thanks for clarifying the aim of the post. I will however be moving this to the rumours forum as we are still only half way through our season. There is merit in continuing the discussion and if and when the time comes for a change of management then we will have plenty of options for chewing over. At this point in the season though, it is maybe inappropriate to undermine the position of the present team as they are trying to achieve someting.

Ok, we had a wee debate over this thread and while it is asking a hypothetical question, it is more about the strengths of managers at other clubs and if they would be suitable. The time has not come......yet.......for this question so we have decided to put it in the non ict at present, as neither is this a rumour, but the topic will remain open.

Personally, I would leave the present pairing alone to get on with their jobs until it becomes untenable, at the moment they are tenable............I like that word, the only time I have ever seen it used is in reference to a football manager..................so, if that word isn linked to your name, look out.

First choice is obviouslt to see Butcher and Malpas to stay. But if not, would LOVE to John Robertson back, maybe not as direct manager, maybe assistant as it has been a while. But Ian McCall would be great! But Bazza has to get back to Caley soon, is a must!

My sum up(if possible): McCall AND/OR Robertson with Wilson and maybe Christie.

Edited by cookiemonster