FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Who's it to be?

TopSix

2010, new year, new start. Working on the rumours about financial issues, and the fact that probably the current management team will leave, who would you want as manager and why? Don't shoot me down here, but after the pre-season friendly against the can cans, what about Gordon Winton? There must be some decent players knocking around in the Highland League.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Renegade.

Doubt if we could afford him.

He is affordable, it's the expenses of the scouts he sends to Fiji that will break the bank.

And his first signings would be Kevin Muscat and Craig Moore which would plunge us into debt with there wages...but i'm still routing for Renegade. ;)

If we got Renegade in as Manager and Caleykid1994 in to take care of the business side of the club then suddenly things wouldn't seems so bad right now!!!

Seriously though, I think Butcher deserves a little more respect than to have people speculating about his replacement when he's still in the job and his departure is nothing more than a rumour.

Guest Mahonio

I can't choose between Charlie Christie and Ian McCall so i will give reasons on oth and hopefully you lot can help me choose :lol: :D

CC- He knows the club well and would work on a limited wage i believe personally. He has been manager before and did well but would he come back after resigning, due to, eh can't remember ;) :P :lol: .

IM- Has/is doing a good job at Partick and did well at Dundee United but problem being that IF we are financially a mess then its probably a no-go unless he leaves Thistle.

Edited by Mahonio

If we got Renegade in as Manager and Caleykid1994 in to take care of the business side of the club then suddenly things wouldn't seems so bad right now!!!

Seriously though, I think Butcher deserves a little more respect than to have people speculating about his replacement when he's still in the job and his departure is nothing more than a rumour.

CaleyD, this thread is purely hypothetical. I only created it with the intention of looking 'outside the box' in terms of managers who could help rebuild the team over the long term - Pele style. Are there any up and coming Highland League managers out there who are showing promise? I think I should have worded it more to this effect.

Personally, I think the current management team should stay BUT rumours of financial issues keep cropping so I'm posting on the assumption they won't be there at the end of the season... If the current management team would / could commit to the club I wouldn't have created this thread.

Here here - I second that emotion. I was not overly keen on Butchers appointment as you can acertain from previous posts. However I honestly do believe if anyone can get us back to the land of milk and honey it is him. So for me I wish to forget about potential new appointments and continue with the status quo.

I can't choose between Charlie Christie and Ian McCall so i will give reasons on oth and hopefully you lot can help me choose :D :D

CC- He knows the club well and would work on a limited wage i believe personally. He has been manager before and did well but would he come back after resigning, due to, eh can't remember :P :lol::lol: .

IM- Has/is doing a good job at Partick and did well at Dundee United but problem being that IF we are financially a mess then its probably a no-go unless he leaves Thistle.

Huh? ;)

I can't choose between Charlie Christie and Ian McCall so i will give reasons on oth and hopefully you lot can help me choose :D :D

CC- He knows the club well and would work on a limited wage i believe personally. He has been manager before and did well but would he come back after resigning, due to, eh can't remember :P :lol::lol: .

IM- Has/is doing a good job at Partick and did well at Falkirk but problem being that IF we are financially a mess then its probably a no-go unless he leaves Thistle.

Huh? ;)

Sorted

For their love for the club, i would like to see CC and BW, bring some passion back to the team like we had under pele. If not them then robbo perhaps but bringing back a manager is not always the best thing as we all know with CB. I would however, like to CB back at the club as a fitness coach, the players have never been that fit befor of since and that was the thing i liked about brewster.

Pele style. Are there any up and coming Highland League managers out there who are showing promise? I think I should have worded it more to this effect.

I don't think throwing an HFL manager into Division one football is a good idea, Pele had four seasons as a third and second division manager before stepping up to the first division.

Here here - I second that emotion. I was not overly keen on Butchers appointment as you can acertain from previous posts. However I honestly do believe if anyone can get us back to the land of milk and honey it is him. So for me I wish to forget about potential new appointments and continue with the status quo.

I totally agree. It isn't fair on Butch who i think is doing the best job he can do. Especially given what little resources we have to give him. I did'nt expect us to win the league but i at least wanted us to play well enough to get results in most games and after the usual slow start to our season we now appear to be doing that, though the draws could turn into wins.

Pele style. Are there any up and coming Highland League managers out there who are showing promise? I think I should have worded it more to this effect.

I don't think throwing an HFL manager into Division one football is a good idea, Pele had four seasons as a third and second division manager before stepping up to the first division.

big steps are not always a problem... Look at Owen Coyle moving from St Johnstone to Burnley.

big steps are not always a problem... Look at Owen Coyle moving from St Johnstone to Burnley.

Look at the level Owen Coyle has played at though throughout his career.

Look at the level Owen Coyle has played at though throughout his career.

Not all good managers were good players though