FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Motherwell : Matchday Thread

Scotty

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanx Mr Snow, thats two people that read the stuff I write then.

Look out for granty24's official unofficial report on the main page, it's ready for the admin to publish when they get a chance.

Who blames the whole of section G ? I'm in section G too! it was a gobby shyte in a red hoodie/kagoul that was the target of Dougies gesture.

Why not tell him to put a sock in it? These folk are actively making our team play worse and need to be told. In saying that, when Ryan Esson made THAT error against Motherwell last season, quite a lot of fans up the back of the North stand were sarcastically cheering when he cleared the ball a wee bit later, loads of people were involved. When Lionel as 'having one' against County earlier on in the season HEAPS of people were booing him and as far as I saw, only one person stood up to tell everyone what he thought about it. If only three or four people were giving Dougie 'even though you didn't ask me for it, i'll give you my autograph anyway as you'll thank me for it later years' Imrie, abuse, then thats an improvement.

Don't know if I am stating the obvious here but just a wee reminder that the cup highlights are on at 11.30, bbc1 tonight, will it be on the bbc website too?

Code : Can I go to bed now, or do I have to sit through all this absolute dross just to get 5 minutes of ICT at 12:30?

I'm gambling on there being highlights on the net...........

I've been critical of Butcher's tactics in the past but couldn't fault him last night.

First he tells Dougie to warm up in front of section G where he knows a handful of morons will shout abuse at him and wind him up. Then he introduces him to replace Jonny who was the best attacking player on the park by a country mile. The removal of Jonny from the park causes relief in the Motherwell ranks and they suddenly lose focus. The heavy mob are dispatched up the pitch for a set peice and there is Narius to tuck the ball away. Come the 2nd half Dougie is so fired up that inevitably he is there to silence his critics. 2 - 0 and any spirit Motherwell had disappears into the cold night air.

Seriously though, a good all round performance with Narius my MOTM. Only Sanchez disappointed and he was rightly subbed fairly early. What was pleasing was the spirit. There was real commitment and a desire to be first to the ball and get the tackles in. But whilst this is all very pleasing it needs to be seen in the context that Motherwell were a poorer side than most sides we have played in the 1st division this season. It will have been a long journey back to Lanarkshire for some.

Guest Mahonio

Don't know if I am stating the obvious here but just a wee reminder that the cup highlights are on at 11.30, bbc1 tonight, will it be on the bbc website too?

What did you make of Pat Nevin saying he didn't approve of Imrie because my reaction was a headshake and a shut it to PN :lol::lol: ?

What did you make of Pat Nevin saying he didn't approve of Imrie because my reaction was a headshake and a shut it to PN :lol::lol: ?

Its always the same in football, if a player from the your team does it he is a hero, if a player does it against you he is a cheating wee scumbag, I just enjoy it when it works for you, well done Dougie

Dougie in the papers today saying he has bruises and the likes to prove he really did want treatment on his ankle!! Also that he is looking forward to burying Killie. Its no surprise he played his heart out on Monday, he is looking for his place back in the team.

Gutted i couldnt make this, sounded like a cracker of a game. But i will be there on duty at Kilmarnock!!!

Watching once was more than enough. Still hurting, I aint seen us win since a late pen at Longman over 3 years ago :) , and we never came close on Monday night.

Butcher doubled up on O'Brien and we played one up front when we should have taken advantage of Tokely at LB. You got the result you deserved, and the rest is history.