FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for Raith Rovers

Johnboy

I'm just posting exactly what I posted in the run up to the Killie game - not that anyone listens to me!

Quote :

"Why is everyone going for Lionel?

The back four against an SPL side (Motherwell) was rock solid, with Tokely at LB and Proctor at RB.

Lionel played like a nervous wreck against PT on Saturday

Esson

Proctor Bulvitis Munro Tokely

Hayes Duncan Cox Sanchez

Rooney Foran

Subs : Allison, McBain, Ross, Lionel, Odhiambo."

Edited by Johnboy

My team:

Esson

Tokely Bully Munro Shinnie

Proctor Cox

Hayes Sanchez Foran

Rooney

TB team:

Esson

Tokely Bully Munro Lionel

Proctor Cox

Hayes Sanchez Foran

Rooney

Cant see TB dropping Lionel for Mcbain or Shinnie or even Golabek if he is fit again

He has two choices. Play him to keep his confidence up or drop him because it simply was not good enough and shatter his fragile confidence...........it's a tough choice, but for the greater good, he needs a rest.

Cant see TB dropping Lionel for Mcbain or Shinnie or even Golabek if he is fit again

So why not go with Rosscoe at LB and Proctor at RB?

He's not exactly excelling as a full back on his favoured side, I would hate to think what a decent winger would do to him when he's leading with his wrong foot. I know it worked for the Well match but as soon as a decent manager cottons on it would be highlighted as a weakness

Esson

Bulvitis Tokely Munro Shinnie

Proctor Cox

Hayes Sanchez Foran

Rooney

Like Harry, I'm putting Tokely in the middle and Bully out on the right. Tokely did well last year in that position until a mistake against Falkirk. He's getting to an age, where he may be looking to stay back more, so I can see him making that position his own for a couple of years. Bully could do well at right-back as he likes to attack.

Shinnie's in there to see what he can do. If he's been no good in training, then it would be McBain. No point playing either LDZ or Golly. In fact, I'd even experiment with Eagle, Duncan or Stratford in there, rather than go back to the two more natural left-backs.

I'd be looking to bring on Ross in midfield at some point. Most likely for Sanchez. I'd like to see either Hayes or Ross going into that central attacking mid position. It would be so useful to have a more midfield player in there away to the sides at the top of the division as Sanchez (whose more of a forward) seems to bullied out of those games.

So why not go with Rosscoe at LB and Proctor at RB?

He's not exactly excelling as a full back on his favoured side, I would hate to think what a decent winger would do to him when he's leading with his wrong foot. I know it worked for the Well match but as soon as a decent manager cottons on it would be highlighted as a weakness

It could even be tried the other way round. I seem to mind Proctor playing at LB under Brewster (if you know what I mean)

The important thing is that a back four should function as a unit, and should all have confidence in each other. That seems to go right out the window when Lionel comes into the frame.

Looks like pretty much everyone's going for the one up front system. Here's mine anyway -

Esson

Tokely Bulvitis Munro Shinnie

Hayes Cox McBain Djebi-Zadi

Rooney Foran

Subs - Allison, Proctor, Odhiambo, Sanchez, Duncan

Edited by Renegade

The important thing is that a back four should function as a unit, and should all have confidence in each other. That seems to go right out the window when Lionel comes into the frame.

agree with that.. as I said on another thread I feel sorry for the guy sometimes but he is just putting the rest of the defence under more pressure and we can't afford passangers at the moment

Looks like pretty much everyone's going for the one up front system. Here's mine anyway -

Esson

Tokely Bulvitis Munro Shinnie

Hayes Cox McBain Djebi-Zadi

Rooney Foran

Subs - Allison, Proctor, Odhiambo, Sanchez, Duncan

You given up on your 2-3-5 formation then :rolleyes:

Edited by Harry Chibber

Good to hear that Tade and Simmons are out for Raith as they both seem to have been important players for them this season.

Our line-up is pretty settled now, and i suppose the only decision for Butcher is whether to keep Lionel in or not. The last time i saw him was at Airdrie when i thought he had a solid game. I expect Butcher to stick with him for his pace as much as anything.

Did Odhiambo do anything with his half hour at Killie to suggest he might be worthy of a starting place?

Not for the first time lots of fans go for Shinnie at L.B.

You kind of get the idea that Butcher will be one of the few who don't though.

In fairness I've never seen Shinnie, so I shouldn't really comment.........but I will.

Give Shinnie a shot !

God Almighty....

I must be the only person that comes on here, who was actually at TCS the night we knocked a pretty decent Motherwell side out the Scottish Cup.

No you weren't. Tokely did well enough on the left but that was because 'well were very poor on the day. A good player on the right will cause him serious problems. However, there's not too many options, I would at least have Shinnie on the bench and bring him on at some stage if the state of the game and performances of others allows.

I wasn't just thinking about Tokely. The whole team played superbly that night against a good Motherwell side, who were unbeaten in 7 games apart from their game with us. It was the best performance I've seen from them this season.

All I'm saying is go with that same line-up again - give these guys a vote of confidence - go with the same tactics - the same approach - don't change a thing.

Sadly, that's not the way TB does things... his managerial record bears that out.

ESSON

TOKELY BULVITUS MUNRO PROCTER

HAYES COX DUNCAN SANCHES FORAN

ROONEY

Sorry no place for Lionel the liability.

I really hope that lionel doesnt play again for ict, he is the biggest liability and by far and away the worst player in ICT's history (yes, even worse than vettle anderson, however you spell his name)

I'd go for:

Esson

Tokely/Procter Bulvitus Munro Procter/Tokely

Duncan

Cox Sanchez

Hayes Rooney Foran