FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Clach 0-2 Inverness CT (Inverness Cup Final)

caleyrule

Tom Smith is from Dornoch, so think it will be the same one.

MissICT, No 15 was Adam MacLeod. He is the top scorer in the 17s this season, think he has scored a goal a game average, and clear to see why tonight, a very two footed natural player, who can absolutely belt a shot in. Seen him score from his own half before. Culloden Academy?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a bad night's entertainment on a pitch that was hardly conducive to smooth, silky football.

Lionel & Bully formed a good partnership in central defence, each taking turns to come up to support the attack.

Lionel was unlucky with a spectacular overhead strike (as mentioned by Renegade)

Was that boy Smith for ICT the number 3? I thought he had quite a good game.

I thought both full backs were good - also the Number 4 in central midfield.... was that Martin Laing?

Hope his injury is nothing serious - he didn't look too good when he went off.

Tom was No 3 I think. Closest to the dugouts in the first half.

Youths were the best 5 from the under 17s, and Liam Polworth who Ithink is maybe just 15, but not out of place. Hope these guys all get kept on in the Summer, as I have watched them for years, and have progressed really well.

Did anyone notice Adam MacLeod was going to take the penalty until Nick took the ball of him.

Entertaining evening which took me back to when I Caley used to play at Grant St. Standing leaning over the pitch side wall the pitch even smelt of highland league. Nice mix of experience and youth and all the young players did really well. Defence was solid and Clach never really looked likely to score really. Nick Ross is really getting a taste for goal this week as previous poster said no one else was taking that penalty. Liam Polworth almost scored as well but tried to walk the ball in. had forgotten what the Inverness cup looked like. Agree with caley100 hope this doesnt mean that certain players wont be involved on saturday after playing last night.

Coming away from that made me feel quite assured that we have some very promising talent in our ranks.

Playing Sanchez was a mistake as he has now got this injury. He wasn't needed for this game.

Tom Smith is from Dornoch, so think it will be the same one.

MissICT, No 15 was Adam MacLeod. He is the top scorer in the 17s this season, think he has scored a goal a game average, and clear to see why tonight, a very two footed natural player, who can absolutely belt a shot in. Seen him score from his own half before. Culloden Academy?

Yea

Seen Him Around I'm Sure :rolleyes:

even smelt of highland league.

OCG... you are spot on there! The Highland League DOES have its own unique smell (no satirical jokes please!).

For me that's the kind of smell that comes out of the Grant Street pie shop. That instantly says "Highland League" to me.

The only other smell, albeit very similar, which epitomised the HL even more to me was the smell of the pies which came out of the Telford Street tunnel from the Boardroom on a Saturday. In fact that was so much so that, when Telford Street was on the point of departing from Inverness football history (OK - in body but never in soul!) in the autumn of 1996 I wrote a lengthy nostalgia feature for the Courier based on just that thought.

At the centre of the whole thing was the smell of the pies but there were also so many other Highland League memories like the penny dainties from the Caley shop which stuck your jaws together for a whole 45, collecting MacKintosh's lemonade bottles and getting the 3d refund on them and climbing over the gate at the Howden End with Mike Shewan to avoid paying the 9d to get in.

In some respects the Highland League hasn't changed a lot over the last four or more decades and at the time of the merger I was pleased to see Clach act in such a way as to maintain HL football in Inverness.

From that point of view alone, I would be so disappointed if Clach folded and HL football disappeared from the town where it was founded and which at one point had SIX Highland League teams.

I really enjoyed last night where you could watch two Inverness teams face each other on one of the town's old grounds. OK the occasion was only a shadow of what many of us witnessed in decades gone by, but if the Inverness Cup with its 100 year plus history isn't wanted for competition among the wider Inverness FA clubs, then last night was a great way to decide it.

And PS - it was great to inhale robustly every time I went past the Grant Street Pie Shop!

Edited by Charles Bannerman

I really enjoyed last night where you could watch two Inverness teams face each other on one of the town's old grounds. OK the occasion was only a shadow of what many of us witnessed in decades gone by, but if the Inverness Cup with its 100 year plus history isn't wanted for competition among the wider Inverness FA clubs, then last night was a great way to decide it.

Not sure if you are referring to the football or the non-football antics - I can see a Facebook campaign starting to bring back the Whippet racing :rolleyes:

Coming away from that made me feel quite assured that we have some very promising talent in our ranks.

Playing Sanchez was a mistake as he has now got this injury. He wasn't needed for this game.

To be fair he could be hit by a bus before Saturday...

Playing him on a Monday game leaves 5 days to recover, which is more than plenty... also he could have just as easily been injured in training.

I'm sure Terry put out a strong squad and said beforehand they are playing for a place... nothing wrong with that IMO

To be fair he could be hit by a bus before Saturday...

Playing him on a Monday game leaves 5 days to recover, which is more than plenty... also he could have just as easily been injured in training.

I'm sure Terry put out a strong squad and said beforehand they are playing for a place... nothing wrong with that IMO

Or it could be mind games?

Anyone know what the attendance was ?

I was surprised and disappointed with the attendance at this highly prestigious Cup Final.

Couldn't have been any more than around 350.

What was more surprising and disappointing was that most of the crowd that I could see were supporting us. No wonder Clach are in trouble if no one is interested any more. A lady told me on the way in that the crowd was larger that normally turns up! No matter what other clubs try to help the cause football at Grant St could die through it not being wanted by enough people.

I was surprised and disappointed with the attendance at this highly prestigious Cup Final.

I reckon it was more like 200.

I reckon it was more like 200.

It was certainly much less that the summer friendly

It would have been nice to see a few more fans as the money was going to a good casue.

The tea is so much better there in all.

It was only ?1 :angry:

Fantastic Value.

Did anyone notice Adam MacLeod was going to take the penalty until Nick took the ball of him.

Ah well..... Nick's on a roll just now.... :)

Did anyone notice that Nick was actually made captain for the night and exercised his right to decide who takes the penalty. Nice gesture as reward for saturday.

ICT have wan the Inverness Cup

:blink:

NOBODY is more fussy about grammar than I am, but I have to refer you to this ballad about the indecisive Battle of Sheriffmuir during the 1715 Jacobite Rebellion.

There's some say that we wan and some say that they wan

And some say that nane wan at a' man

But one thing is sure that at Sheriff Muir

A battle was fought on that day man

And we ran and they ran and they ran and we ran

And we ran and they ran awa' man

However in the Ballad, "wan" is being used as a past tense whereas Caleyrule is using it as a past participle.

On the other hand... let's just settle for "won"! :D

You really should get out more Charles!