Ross County -V- ICT : matchday thread

Scotty

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am happy with a point due to the other results in the division but the performance today was dire. There was a good spell in the second half for 10-15 mins or so but in truth, we were lucky to come away with a 0-0. Long ball football for 80 minutes and it was boring to watch, county were the better side and will probably feel that they should have won.

Spot on as usual DoofersDad. That was drawing ugly shok.gif I thought the atmosphere was pretty poor too.

Thank goodness other results were in our favour today. Another positive note, I thought Eagle played well when brought on. Great effort and commitment.

In general though, grim to_take_umbrage.gif

It seems as though as teams are starting to worsen and caley are improving :lol:

Dundee may not win the leauge it could come down to us and county

I think we have improved, Dunfermline have improved County have stayed fairly consistent and Dundee have collapsed

First things first...Russell Duncan, take a bow. The man was absolutely magnificent today.

Secondly, I'll take 0-0. We weren't at the races in the first half. The half-time change made us much better - we dominated for the 20 minutes after the break, with Eagle hitting the post and Hayes spurning a great chance. That said, County had the initiative towards the end, and propbably shaded it overall. The Dundee result makes our point today look like a good result.

Thank goodness Foran will be back for Tuesday.

First things first...Russell Duncan, take a bow. The man was absolutely magnificent today.

Secondly, I'll take 0-0. We weren't at the races in the first half. The half-time change made us much better - we dominated for the 20 minutes after the break, with Eagle hitting the post and Hayes spurning a great chance. That said, County had the initiative towards the end, and propbably shaded it overall. The Dundee result makes our point today look like a good result.

Thank goodness Foran will be back for Tuesday.

Sums it up for me. Thought Duncan played really well but the long ball kills us. It is woefull! I predicted 4 points from the two games and that is still on track.

It seems as though as teams are starting to worsen and caley are improving :D

Dundee may not win the leauge it could come down to us and county

I think we have improved, Dunfermline have improved County have stayed fairly consistent and Dundee have collapsed

aye.

I dont think county could cope in the spl to be honest!

plus there stadium would have to have a lot of work done.

Awful first half. Not sure if the tactic was to just boot the ball as long and high as we could, but that's all we did.

At least Butcher changed it around at half time and we were far better in the second. Dare I say it, but Eagle did well when he came on. Not quite sure how Rooney failed to connect with Eagle's shot that came back off the post, but that was as close as we got. In saying that, that's the poorest I've seen County this year, and other than a flurry at the end they didn't really create anything either.

Eric should've been hooked at HT, and Sanchez brought on. He's too lightweight, his first touch is woeful, and I've failed to be impressed by him everytime I've seen him.

Duncan was my MOTM by a mile. Superb performance from him.

A great point, considering County play Dundee next week. And we've got Foran back now.

I said it before, but I think Dundee are going to drop out of it, and it'll come down to us or County.

County were by far the better side in the first half with crisp passing into space where we were just clearing the ball away. Easson was guaranteed to get my Mom at this stage.

After the break Ict were the dominant team with good flowing football and battling for every ball with the new formation and eagle had a good game on the left wing, we did fall out of the game again a little near the end but still created chances. From what I saw in the second half I have complete faith that we will beat them at home.

Can anyone confirm that Duncan got booked today? I thought I heard Robbo say that on Open all Mics.

If he did, he will be due a two match suspension.

Yeah heard that he has a two match ban

But Foran's back so he will be back in the mix for tuesday's match :D

A fairly poor affair but the bottom line is that both teams are a point closer tothe top of the table. I believe that Q.O.S. are probably now out of the running leaving an increasingly tight finish between the two Highland teams, Dundee and Dunfermline.

I dont think county could cope in the spl to be honest!

plus there stadium would have to have a lot of work done.

What a patronising statement. Some folk have short memories.

hmmm okay caley did it i suppose

Edited by MissICT

Eric should've been hooked at HT, and Sanchez brought on. He's too lightweight, his first touch is woeful, and I've failed to be impressed by him everytime I've seen him.

:D Eric and sanchez are the same in the strength department. anyway, sanchez didnt really do anything when he came on

I'll take a point, that gets the monkey off our back, and our second half performance should give us confidence in a week + a bit's time.

And, we can go top of the league on Tuesday night if all goes to plan. What a turnaround. Dundee are falling to pieces, ourselves and County look like the two best teams in the division at the moment, the Pars are catching up and QOS are a good weekend away from being in the mix.

Duncan the MOM, showed excellent strength and composure in everything he did. Esson was also his usual fantastic self, Rooney cannot deal with long balls pumped up to him all day so didn't get too many opportunities. Eagles was very impressive when he came on, gave Johnny a lesson in effort.

Perhaps time to give Johnny a rest? He's a young lad, has been playing consistently for months now, but he's starting falter. He doesn't even seem to have the pace he used to. Eagles could step in easily, looking at him today.

At last, a league derby that we actually competed in.

Eagles was very impressive when he came on, gave Johnny a lesson in effort.... Perhaps time to give Johnny a rest? He's a young lad, has been playing consistently for months now, but he's starting falter. He doesn't even seem to have the pace he used to. Eagles could step in easily, looking at him today.

I agree with this point too. I felt Eagle really grabbed his opportunity, showed great desire and never shirked a challenge. Very impressive today.

Esson was my MOM today. Duncan played a blinder. Odhiambo was woeful. Eagle played really well when he came on. Worth giving him a start on Tuesday.

Edited by Hearach

Strange day out for me, im used to having a 4-5 hour journey after away games so it was nice to be home at a reasonable time. We were terrible in the first half, dont think we strung more than 3 passes together. We came out really up for the second half, Eagle and Hayes came close. Cox always put himself into the tackles, but his passing wasn't up to much. Duncan was great, good passing and he gave everything. The defence looked solid but chose the long ball too often. Eagle came on and he was okay, certainly his best performance, but he just doesn't have the pace to beat his man. Esson, once again is the reason we got a point, two or three outstanding saves.

Edited by TtotheOtotheM