FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Barrowman - shut yer pus !

Scotty

a pretty ineffective player outside the box but put the ball at his feet or on his head in the box and he'll hit the target.

how good he would've been at ICT we'll never know as he was always played the wrong way.

A good player - one with natural ability and a decent work ethic - would ADAPT his game not expect the team to adapt theirs !

All through my working life things have changed constantly .... technology, rules, methods, the way a manager or director wants things done etc .... and each and every time I have to try and adapt my methods to make sure I can be as good as I can be rather than expect others to change theirs.

I don't think that's always the case. Some managers tactics just don't work for certain players. As we all know, Brew loved the long ball game, would a wee 5"2 striker (no matter how good he was), be effective as a target man for the long ball game? I don't think so. That's not to say that Barrowman couldn't have put more effort in. The last time I saw him play a couple of weeks ago, I think I could've put more effort in than he did.

Pardon!! pse explain!! that one after you are older than me and I still play albeit part time ..but dont pretend I am as good as AB

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hardly! I have every confidence that the defence can keep this imposter of a "footballer" quiet for the duration of the game tonight - Provided that Bulvitis isn't playing.

Text me updates?

Will do squire. I didn't think I'd make it because I'm on call but I'll chance it.

Rooney is making it because he is not a skiver and is not lazy. He also accepts responsibility for his work, his place in the team and for doing something really with effort and with passionate desire as the motivation.

Scotty hit the nail on the head when he underscored the responsibility of all of us to adapt to the requirements of the job.The company pays our salary and not the other way around.

Rooney deserves respect and plaudits fror turning round his poor performances at the beginning into something very positive.

Oh, sorry I almost forgot this was a thread about Mr Barrowman. Was he like Rooney?

Well, read between the lines........

a pretty ineffective player outside the box but put the ball at his feet or on his head in the box and he'll hit the target.

how good he would've been at ICT we'll never know as he was always played the wrong way.

A good player - one with natural ability and a decent work ethic - would ADAPT his game not expect the team to adapt theirs !

All through my working life things have changed constantly .... technology, rules, methods, the way a manager or director wants things done etc .... and each and every time I have to try and adapt my methods to make sure I can be as good as I can be rather than expect others to change theirs.

I don't think that's always the case. Some managers tactics just don't work for certain players. As we all know, Brew loved the long ball game, would a wee 5"2 striker (no matter how good he was), be effective as a target man for the long ball game? I don't think so. That's not to say that Barrowman couldn't have put more effort in. The last time I saw him play a couple of weeks ago, I think I could've put more effort in than he did.

Pardon!! pse explain!! that one after you are older than me and I still play albeit part time ..but dont pretend I am as good as AB

Sorry what?

Tactical mistake by Adams .... If he had taken barrowboy on for the last 10 minutes he would have scored 4, served everyone in the ground a cup of bovril and a perfectly cooked pie and still had time to make sure the burger van sides wouldnt blow away in the wind ....... :drinking09:

Tactical mistake by Adams .... If he had taken barrowboy on for the last 10 minutes he would have scored 4, served everyone in the ground a cup of bovril and a perfectly cooked pie and still had time to make sure the burger van sides wouldnt blow away in the wind ....... :drinking09:

I think if he came on he would have been hit with one of the many shoes that were being waved at Brewster for the crack, Brewster,Adams, County and their fans got dogs of abuse off of the North stand tonight. brilliant.