FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

a question of sport

bishbashbosh

just been watching a question of sport

sue barker-------- with which scottish team did terry butcher win promotion to this years scottish premier league

phil tufnell conferring with chris coleman ex wales player and fulham manager------------

tufnell--- did FIFE get promoted

coleman---- no i dont think so

tufnell-------- what about INVERNESS COUNTY

coleman----- no i dont think so

tufnell-------- what about st johnstone

coleman------ yeah we'll try that

tufnell------------st johnstone

sue barker---- sorry thats wrong question goes over to matt

matt dawson----- st mirren

didn't wait for the correct answer what a buch of tubes

When they said inverness county i wanted to slap them all. FOOLS!!!

Thought coleman would have known the answer really

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao: Tufnell was passing the spliff around in the guest room - the three of them are all clearly brain damaged - it is a wonder they didnt say Inverness Thistle.

It sounds a bit like Charlie Bannerman on Top of the Form.

• Agree 1

I suspect they - or Coleman at least - knew the answer, but sniggering at Scottish league football is the English form of revenge for the unfettered joy most Scots express when England make utter clowns of themselves in international tournaments after claiming they're going to conquer the world: witness Aidy Boothroyd recently claiming that Celtic bid '?3.50 and a bag of haggis' for Keiren Westwood.

It's quid pro quo. We should rise above it and simply nod with quiet satisfaction when the EPL collapses in on its own midden when all the foreign investors pull out.

• Agree 3

It sounds a bit like Charlie Bannerman on Top of the Form.

MacKenzie boy... you know perfectly well that back in 1970 I would have answered "Inverness Thistle" and then continued to set about your scrawny little ar$e with an Adidas Rom training shoe for being the most obnoxious little sh1t to which Inverness Royal Academy had ever opened its doors!!! :biggrin:

:nanananana::nanananana: Oh but going down the Lanes would have been a different thing. :nanananana:

Pig-ignorant arsh-holes, eh?

But to put it into perspective, how many of us would know which teams were promoted from the Welsh Second tier to the first this season?

Am I right in thinking that this isn't the first time that Mr. Bannerman has referred to the whacking of IHE's considerable arsh on these forums?

Worrying!

But to put it into perspective, how many of us would know which teams were promoted from the Welsh Second tier to the first this season?

Am I right in thinking that this isn't the first time that Mr. Bannerman has referred to the whacking of IHE's considerable arsh on these forums?

Worrying!

The Welsh league is hardly comparable with the SPL .

Worrying!

The Welsh league is hardly comparable with the SPL .

Your right its not, and to us it could seem quite shocking that people don't know who was promoted from the 2nd tier in Scotland but i'm sure theres people out there who wouldn't be able to name Newcastle West Brom and Blackpool as the three teams that were promoted from the Championship. I don't know who won League 1 and i'll never care either.

I'm with Paisley on this. I dont think its ignorant, nor do I think it surprising, that none of the panel knew the answer. Apart from the fact that most of them are involved in other sports, and their knowledge is likely to be confined to the top Premiership teams and players, how many of us would know the answer to questions on the League of Ireland, Welsh league or any of those lower than the Championship. This has nothing to do with comparability. Its about media coverage. Limited TV and newspaper coverage of SPL and no lower league coverage outside Scotland. Pick up an English Sun and find a snippet about any team outside the OF. If the coverage doesn't happen then how can you expect the people to know the answers?

Don't agree Alex, they are on a sports quiz every week, they should know most of the basics. I could name who got promoted from the bottom 2 leagues in england. Not even getting the team name right is just ignorance. Besides they should at least know where Terry Butcher is managing - it's not like he's just been here a few months and they don't know who he is.

Although while I think they are ingnorant fools (and in the case of dawson a jumped up wee arrogant toss-pot) their answer I find rather amusing rather than annoying.

• Agree 1

Don't agree Alex, they are on a sports quiz every week, they should know most of the basics. I could name who got promoted from the bottom 2 leagues in england. Not even getting the team name right is just ignorance. Besides they should at least know where Terry Butcher is managing - it's not like he's just been here a few months and they don't know who he is.

Although while I think they are ingnorant fools (and in the case of dawson a jumped up wee arrogant toss-pot) their answer I find rather amusing rather than annoying.

I would agree KB , many of my English mates would know the answer , as football fanatics they should , Coleman ought to be ashamed , no wonder his managerial career has nosedived , perhaps if he knew about Rooney and Foran , it may have saved his job !

As an englishman relatively new in the area i can agree that coverage of Scottish football in England goes as far as Celtic and Rangers.m Listen to 5 Live or talksport and the only results or fixtures they read out on bulletins are those of the Old Firm. Therefore, coverage of 1st, 2nd and 3rd division football is non existent! I have no idea who won the 2nd or 3rd division in scotland last season. I still couldnt name all the clubs in the 1st division. So although these sportsmen "should" know the 1st Division Scottish Champs, it doesnt surprise me that they dont.

And think about the fact it was even a question at all on the show. If it was obvious they would never have used it.

Hopefully though, if performances continue in the vain of Sundays, everyone will know who Terry Butcher is the manager of down south!

• Agree 1