FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Inverness CT sign Stuart Duff

caleyrule

Not for me I'm afraid.

As a player I feel he adds little that is not already more than adaquately covered by Roy. He has shown little desire to be here in the past, couldn't get away fast enough when his loan deal expired (usual excuses and I imagine nothing has changed in his family life now?) and rejected previous signing deals. Now, with him and his agent having trawled the SPL (and Dundee) for a deal without success -"It's an honour and a joy to play for ICT" which roughly translated means - "I have nowhere else to go!"

Will get my full support when/if he plays but would much rather TB had taken another punt with a youngster who has potential, desire and most of all wanted to come to Inverness,

From the Daily Record:

Duff's free-agent status made him eligible to sign for the Highlanders outwith the transfer window following a reserve appearance for the club in a friendly at Rothes on Monday.

St Mirren boss Danny Lennon had targeted the former Dundee United man and recently offered him terms in Paisley.

However, Duff rejected the deal and opted instead for another stint at Caley Thistle.

Perhaps we weren't bottom of the list then. Quite rightly, as a professional, he made the best choice based on both location and contract.

I think Duff is signed purely as defensive cover for right back or holding midfield.

Despite the fact he can play in a more advanced role i dont think he will be utilised there, he's scored less than 5 goals in about 160 SPL appearances so i would say he is definitely more defence minded. Im happy signing him as defensive cover but do not think he will be used in any sort of attacking positions.

The report at the time was that McInnes just offered training facilities but he wasn't able to sign him.

"I couldn't go anywhere with it even if I wanted to," St Johnstone boss Derek McInnes told the club website after Duff played in a 2-0 loss to Bolton.

"I've offered Stuart training facilities which helps him and he is helping us by playing when required."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/s/st_johnstone/8832273.stm

I'm rather undecided on this signing. Whilst I suppose it is cover for the first team, I wasn't particularly impressed with him the last time he was here. He's not a bad player, but from what I've seen, he isn't particularly good either. It also makes me wonder of this means that McCann will be away for good in January, with Duff taking up the first team role at right back.

Personally I thought Duff did very well in his loan spell. He seemed to settle in very quickly which was not an easy task.

This time around it is make or break. This may be his last big chance and I suspect it will bring the best out of him and others. He brings considerable experience to the team and is well known to the management team.