FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Rangers : Matchday Thread

Scotty

Great result and good point well earned, good to see us dominate the first half and unlucky to only go in 1-0 up at half time. Stunning goal by Hayes worthy of any goal of the month/season award but good enough for them as they stood off Hayes far too much and deserved it, McGregor's reaction told the same. If that had been Messi or Ronaldo people would have been raving about it for days.

Second half a little less stable but agree 100% about Odhiambo, completely out of the game and unwilling to get involved and exposed Tokes and Granty too much as it allowed them to play through us, once he was hooked we looked more stable.

Before the game me heart said 3 points but my head said 1 point so I put on ICT half time, draw full time @ 14/1

Hayes' strike - amazing.

Rangers - cheats.

Ref - disgusting.

Well sumed up!

I was supportive of refs but after todays game I have changed my mind! he was in favour of Rangers :thumbdown:

Disappointed with the ref too, how many cards did we get today as a result of Rangers cheating.

Strangely enough, I thought Caley were deserving of a battling draw here whereas, at Ibrox, ICT could have won and would have merited it. Nonetheless, a couple of serious chances near the end. Main points are that Odi was well out the game and should have been subbed earlier, and the referee was dreadful - seriously dreadful. Did I see McCoist have a quick word with him just before half-time? The Gers just seemed to fall over in the second-half and get the free-kicks so a dodgy penalty by a dodgy referee is not surprising. Two very good keepers on show today though!

Down to Hearts next week so I'll see more resistance to Hearts' ambitions than Aberdeen put up today.

Who got sky sports motm?

McGregor. He was a right miserable toss in the after match interview too and didn't seem too pleased at getting the award.

I've never liked the man. I could think of a handful of players who were more deserving of it...

Even from 400 miles away that was a terrible decision for a penalty, matched only by a terrible penalty! A superb adjustment by Ryan to stop it though. It's no good slagging off refs all the time, though - cheating managers and their players have to be brought to book. Starting with Smith and McCoist and their charges.

All this nonsense about the ref's needs to stop. Surely if he really wanted rangers to win he would have given that penatly for handball against cox ... I dont think either were a penalty but at the end of the day a mistake is a mistake so how about we get our feet back on the ground and be delighted with a draw against last year's SPL champions. I think everyone needs a reality check cos i for one was delighted with the performance on the boys and think it was a superb result

Edited by super1ct
  • Agree 5

It wasn't just the penalty award. Most - not some - of his decisions were downright bizarre. I thought the free kick awarded at the edge of our area in front of the north stand was an absolute shocker. Especially as the assistant was about 10 yards away. Inconsistent with the cards too. Could you picture big Ross berating the ref like miller did for about a minute?

Just in from watching the game in Wakefield.

Ref very inconsistant, Miller mouths off after pen claim, nothing. Foran mouths of after foul and he gets booked.

Never a penalty, all the guys in the pub agreed Beattie dived. But well done Esson.

Nonsense giving McGregor MOM

Cox probably my MOM

Almost everyone in pub cheered when Hayes scored and Esson saved penalty. Might have a few more ICT converts this afternoon.

Why were so many players slipping and falling over today?

Anyway Indian has arrived. Thanks to Jonny Hayes and other bets, free day out :twothumbsup: so night night.

Edited by Dewsburydude

Miller wasn't a happy bunny, and his telling fans to "f**k off" when they were asking for autographs after the game showed him up for the moron he really is.

You should write to Rangers chairman Alistair Johnston or Chief exec Martin Bain about that. I'm quite sure either of these gentlemen would treat your complaint seriously and take the matter up with Miller.

Can't think why you would have wanted Miller's autograph all the same....

• Agree 1

This was one game I really enjoyed. We totally dominated them in the first half but we came back out without a plan for the changes they had to make. Still we eventually adapted and made life difficult for them. We defended extremely well and nothing we could have done would have stopped them equalising but we didn't let that get our heads down. We kept going and won a very well deserved point.

Two complaints though. My fave player RD needs to look in front of him before giving the ball away.

Odi was crap and should not get a start.

Get well soon Nick.

Oh and Shinnie deserves his new contract

• Agree 2

Did you see our goal celebration today? I was watching with my father-in-law who laughed at it and asked if Hayes was a "shirtlifter". I was somewhat puzzled by this but quickly pointed out that he hadn't actually lifted his shirt, because to do so would almost certainly have resulted in a yellow card in accordance with current FIFA guidance.

This was one game I really enjoyed. We totally dominated them in the first half but we came back out without a plan for the changes they had to make. Still we eventually adapted and made life difficult for them. We defended extremely well and nothing we could have done would have stopped them equalising but we didn't let that get our heads down. We kept going and won a very well deserved point.

Two complaints though. My fave player RD needs to look in front of him before giving the ball away.

Odi was crap and should not get a start.

Get well soon Nick.

Oh and Shinnie deserves his new contract

Eric can be a good player, just not strong enough for SPL, both in tackling and passing.

Hi lads, Celtic fan here

I just came on to see what yous think about the refs in Scotland ? we Celtic fans are known for being paranoid but over the last couple of seasons the amount of dodgy decisions that have went in Rangers favour has been shocking and its not just Celtic who suffer because of it, i think every other club in the SPL has suffered a few honest mistakes over the last couple of seasons.

The refs went on strike because they don't want people questioning their integrity but how can you not question their integrity when you get performances like yesterday, it took the ref ages to book Miller when he was up moaning at him the whole game, then when Foran complains about a free kick after Mcculloch dived out comes the yellow straight away.The Rangers players just started throwing themselves to the floor at every opportunity in the second half and the ref just kept giving them free kicks, then came the penalty which was a complete joke, when Beatie received the ball he was offside then he just throws himself to the ground it was almost identical to when Broadfoot dived against Celtic and in both instances the refs were pretty happy to give Rangers penalties(even though the ref during the Celtic game clearly didn't even see the incident).

I also remember Terry Butcher after the game at Ibrox when asked about a penalty that yous should have got he replied something along the lines of " yes i thought it was a penalty but you just don't get those at Ibrox".

Do yous think the refs are pro Rangers or just generally pro old firm?

If pro old firm can yous tell me of any dodgy decisions that have went in Celtics favour against yous?

There is a list of honest mistakes that have went in rangers favour over the last 18 months stoating about the internet, i will get it and post it if yous are interested in a read.

Finally i would just like to congratulate yous on how well your team is doing, by the looks of it its going to be between yous and Hearts for third spot and that is a fantastic achievement after just getting promoted at the beginning of the season, Terry Butcher is doing a fantastic job.

• Disagree 4

I think the refs are doing a fair and honest job, but as the Old Firm generally get more attacking play in a match; there will be more opportunities for them to be awarded penalties/dangerous free kicks et al. With every Old Firm away game being televised live, it also allows replay after replay of dodgy decisions until the media and public can jump to their own conclusions.

It also doesn't help when the Old Firm players play act as often as they do, making refereeing even harder. See Lafferty v. Mulgrew/Aberdeen, Nakamura v. St Mirren, Lennon v. Juanjo/ICT, Lovenkrands v. Thomson/Celtic, McCulloch yesterday... the list goes on. It's up to the club to sort these clowns out, as they are making the referees difficult job even more impossible.

Out of interest, does anyone still have the video/GIF of Juanjo v. Lennon? I remember it being posted last year and I forgot to bookmark/save it.

Imagine a player of the integrity of Lennon cheating? OFGTF!

Happy with a point I suppose when you think it is the old firm and we were at home. However I wasn't happy with our second half at all. I know Rangers were going to come out and boss the game but the way we passed, tackled and cleared the ball was amateurish. We just kept putting ourselves under more and more pressure. We seemed like a team that only met at half time. The difference to the first half was amazing and that is not just down to Rangers playing better.

Eric was woeful and should have been subbed so much earlier.

Says a lot when I am disappointed in a performance that led to a draw with Rangers!

Celtic Craigy, you seem to be a decent type except you make no mention of your own divers! It was your man that triggered the farce that got the refs in a sweat. It seems that clubs who play in Europe a lot are the ones who have the most divers, the same as in England. Maybe ICT will dive a bit more before long, then!

How can a manager slag off a ref when he, at the very least, condones tactics to hoodwink the ref? it's a horrible advert for football when the "big" sides feel it necessary to cheat against their much lower paid peers.

The highlight for me yesterday was not Hayes' goal (cos I missed!) but Rossco's block, I think on Beattie. He was so stunned, literally, that he didn't react fast enough to "play act"!

Imagine a player of the integrity of Lennon cheating? OFGTF!

Happy with a point I suppose when you think it is the old firm and we were at home. However I wasn't happy with our second half at all. I know Rangers were going to come out and boss the game but the way we passed, tackled and cleared the ball was amateurish. We just kept putting ourselves under more and more pressure. We seemed like a team that only met at half time. The difference to the first half was amazing and that is not just down to Rangers playing better.

Eric was woeful and should have been subbed so much earlier.

Says a lot when I am disappointed in a performance that led to a draw with Rangers!

i think alot of people would agree with the last point. me included. i hope expectation levels aren't going to get out of hand though.

in the cold light of day that was a great result for us.

Another great result by a team who never gives up. Fantastic goal from Hayes which no keeper could have saved. We normally come strong in the second half but yesterday we had to weather the storm. To me Eric does not contribute nearly enough and was a bistander for most of the game. I think Nick Ross was clearly missed from the team as he is an excellent passer and gets far more involved in the game than Eric.

Shows how far the team has progressed when the old firm have only taken 6 points out of a possible 12 from us this season.