FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Hamilton : Matchday Thread

Scotty

Not good. Every team will have a bad run of form this season, and i hope this is our last game that keeps us in our bad form. Draws against the top 3 mean nothing when you are getting beat and drawing with relegation contenders.

Not good. Every team will have a bad run of form this season, and i hope this is our last game that keeps us in our bad form. Draws against the top 3 mean nothing when you are getting beat and drawing with relegation contenders.

I would class 8 pts from 30 as poor run. I would count the season long woefull home form as another bad run. As you say...and as i sed DURING our amazing, but unusual run of away form, the exact same thing. Drawing against the big teams means NOTHING if you cant take care of the "lesser" teams, especially at home!

luckily I have a VPN connection so can still hear it but its frustrating !

what is VPN?

Its a 'virtual private network'. Basically it means that I have a secondary connection that I run on top of my normal internet connection and when I connect to it, all my web requests are routed - in this case - through a server in the UK. This makes the BBC and other sites believe I am in the UK so I can watch UK TV online as well as listen to radio broadcasts. Its not expensive, but it is very handy.

If you need more info .... and that includes ANY overseas user on this site, contact me via PM and I can give you some additional information as well as a recommended provider.

terrible game, two very poor sides. stone wall penalty, munro i think had the ball in the box could have done 10 keepy ups( if he can do that many) and still taken time to clear, decides to play a one touch pass out wide, punts straight to a hamilton player, he puts ball in box ---- penalty.

same old story cannot keep ball for more than 3 passes before conceding possesion.

thought sanchez only decent player until intro of hayes.

one run shows we are a one man team and why we can't win without him. definately man of the match for that one run alone, thats how bad the rest are.

memo to terry

ship odiambo, sutherland, innes

2nd memo to terry

team for next season

esson

new player munro( if we can't get someone else) new player shinnie

HAYES new player new player ross

new player new player

• Disagree 8

More grim viewing for the home fans at TCS. Thought we probably edged the first half but the timing of the penalty was a real blow. Will be interested to see it on the hilights as it looked like a soft decision and the Hamilton players in general love a dive.

Hamilton were slightly the better team in the second half and one of the Jedward twins had a great chance to sneak the win.

Hopefully Butcher will finally drop Odiambho from the starting lineup as he is a liability and Duff can join him in the stand as well as he's a waste of space, surely Duncan did more than enough today to earn his place back

Positives, hmmmm....Hayes got a wee run out and we didn't lose & that's about it

• Agree 1

terrible game, two very poor sides. stone wall penalty, munro i think had the ball in the box could have done 10 keepy ups( if he can do that many) and still taken time to clear, decides to play a one touch pass out wide, punts straight to a hamilton player, he puts ball in box ---- penalty.

same old story cannot keep ball for more than 3 passes before conceding possesion.

one run shows we are a one man team and why we can't win without him. definately man of the match for that one run alone, thats how bad the rest are.

memo to terry

2nd memo to terry

team for next season

esson

new player new player

what is wrong with rossco, duncan and foran? (assuming rooney has left)

IMO Rossco has been our best defender this year, we rarely win if russell isn't playing and foran is needed for winning headers and he makes some superb passes

memo to terry

2nd memo to terry

team for next season

esson

new player new player

what is wrong with rossco, duncan and foran? (assuming rooney has left)

IMO Rossco has been our best defender this year, we rarely win if russell isn't playing and foran is needed for winning headers and he makes some superb passes

roscoe will be another year older, getting close to his sell by date.

duncan has been there too long

foran was a good player for us but all he seems to do now is stand around and moan at the younger players

• Disagree 2

Hayes looked very fit to me when he came on with about 10 minutes to go, which kind of begged the question as to why he couldn't have been brought on with 30 minutes to go. In fact he looked so good I wondered why Terry didn't see fit to letting him start the game.

Duncan also made a decent impact when he came on - again shouldn't he have started the game? Rooney was very disappointing - still a good player, but his form has dipped by around 50% ever since the transfer speculation started. He definitely needs to sign that contract and give himself at least 1 more year here.

All in all I thought a draw today was probably a fair result - Hamilton played very well, and do not look anything like a bottom of the table team.

• Agree 1

Another draw :frown: ...W're lucky teams around us are also drawing...

Think that was Adam's last game, he's not in it at all...

Was good to see Hayes having a go and I'm looking forward to seeing Tade playing along side him :smile:

• Agree 1

Never a penalty. Pish poor crowd here the day too.

From where i was sitting it looked a penalty to me. On top of that, there wasn't much of a protest about it from rossco or anyone else.

What really ripped my knitting was Cerny took an age over every goal kick. If you added up the time he wasted, there would have been about 15 mins of additional time. :irritated:

More grim viewing for the home fans at TCS. Thought we probably edged the first half but the timing of the penalty was a real blow. Will be interested to see it on the hilights as it looked like a soft decision and the Hamilton players in general love a dive.

Hamilton were slightly the better team in the second half and one of the Jedward twins had a great chance to sneak the win.

Hopefully Butcher will finally drop Odiambho from the starting lineup as he is a liability and Duff can join him in the stand as well as he's a waste of space, surely Duncan did more than enough today to earn his place back

Positives, hmmmm....Hayes got a wee run out and we didn't lose & that's about it

According to Mikey Noble (ex ICT captain) It was deffo a penalty!

We weren't as bad as some would have you believe but still

struggle to find a real cutting edge unless Hayes is playing.

I thought Sanchez played well and put in a lot of effort. Nick Ross was excellent and I thought Duff played well.

Eric really struggled, albeit out of position, and his first touch let him down a lot of the time.

I'd start Russell D , we always play better with him in the team and assuming we get some players in I'd send Sutherland out on loan.

• Agree 2

Never a penalty. Pish poor crowd here the day too.

I think it might have been a soft penalty :thumbdown: ...... we could have had a penalty...

I hate blaming the ref but I think that he made some poor decisions today!

Thought we had an ok game considering the way Hamilton, once again, showed up to play in the expected game killing manner. I really do wonder how any group of players can go out there and do themselves such a disservice by diving, tugging/pulling/holding, tripping and climbing all over players in the box....it really is quite disgusting, and certainly not professional. It only makes it all the worse that the officials are so incompetent that they are constantly duped by it.

Wasn't convinced by the penalty claim and we were denied 2 stone wallers, one involving Foran (I think) having to contend with a face full of elbows from Hamilton defenders clambering all over him and one from the shove in the back.

Odhiambo has a decent enough first half but went totally off the boil in the second and was being so easily dispossessed and if not that then passing it to the opposition at every attempt. Although I will admit that whilst I have been critical of Odhiambo in regards to him not chasing, he was at least making some effort in that regard today....even if unsuccessfully.

Will be tough for Terry not to give Sanchez a run of starts now, IMO. The lads grabbed his opportunity the last couple of games and shown he can, and will, make a positive contribution when out there.

Kudos to Hayes today. He's just back from injury, came on and was given "the treatment" by Hamilton, but he never hid or shirked a single challenge.

Duncan.....think the whole dynamic of the team changed when he came on, and changed for the better. He's a bit like that secret ingredient that never appears to do anything in itself, but take it out of the mix and you know instantly it's not there.

Not convinced by Duff playing where he is. Can't put my finger on any one reasons why he seems so ineffective when played in the middle, but he is.

As I said, don't think we did too bad under the circumstances and if their was to be criticism then it's perhaps the fact that we allowed Hamiltons antics to control the game....just not sure how you go about preventing it though.

• Agree 2

Not convinced by Duff playing where he is. Can't put my finger on any one reasons why he seems so ineffective when played in the middle, but he is.

We were discussin how odd it is with Duff. He is in general technically superior to most of our central midfielders, is cool under pressure and then........ he seems to pass it badly, take one touch too many or otherwise make the wrong decision.

I agree that the performance was not too bad, other than giving away a very soft goal. I have to say from where I sat I thought it was a penalty. However the penalty taker is not allowed to break his run any more and the fact that Esson was thrown by this showed the shocking standard of the refereeing today.

Pass marks for Ross (centre midfield is definately his best position - although shooting practice required), Shanchez, Shinnie (apart from a 10 min spell where he lost his way a bit). Rooney's impact was noticeable once he left when suddenly the central pair from Hamilton started looking much more comfortable.

What is going on with Foran. For the last while he looks a fraction of the player we know he is. We also need a new right back (no disrespect to Tokely but his best position is now centre-half)

Duncan showed why he should be playing when he came on. Not confident for Wednesday if we do not get 11 players all on form.

Unless there is an improvement at home I suspect crowds will continue to dwindle.

• Agree 1

would be interested to know what folk who were there made of the tackle on hayes

from the radio it sounded harsh and i have a feeling it may have been an attempt to injure ergo depriving us of our biggest asset?

would be interested to know what folk who were there made of the tackle on hayes

from the radio it sounded harsh and i have a feeling it may have been an attempt to injure ergo depriving us of our biggest asset?

I didn't see that tackle as anything more than a click of the heels from a defender who was obviously skinned for pace. JH didn't make an issue of it - he just picked himself up and got on with the game - no harm done.

Poor today, but Hamilton do seem to bring it out in us. I feel sorry for their *very few* fans having to watch that team perform every week. Imrie was dragging them along with him, if they didn't have him they would be almost certainties for relegation.

Odi started well but faded badly. One mistake and he just falls apart. Sanchez was much better in midfield than I thought he would be, held onto the ball and looked for a simple pass. Foran didn't stay out wide at all and spent more time following Imrie around. Rooney was terrible but was never going to win anything against Mensing.

The Accies were ok, they had the better chances in the second half, but they always seem to bring out the complacency in the team. And of course they had their 12th man, the referee. At one point in the second half, after Sutherland had sclaffed the ball out for a blatant goal kick and he pointed for a corner, everyone in the north stand was just laughing at him. Of course then he knew he'd made a mistake, and immediately blew for a free-kick for shirt tugging when the corner was taken (no sign of that either). Get a feeling that even if Roscoe had bulleted it in he would have whistled.

Edited by tokelyisvictorious
  • Agree 1

Sanchez was great today, our best player. He kept looking to get on the ball and put in a real shift. He deserved his goal. I'm so pleased for the guy, considering he has been warming the bench all year.

Pass marks too for Nick Ross, Esson and for Duncan and Hayes when they came on. Shinnie really struggled in the first half but was much better after the break. He got f-all in terms of help from Foran defensively.

As stated by many folk, Odhiambo had a mare - I think he's aware of the crowd getting on his back, it seems his best performances are away from home where he doesn't get a slagging.

Whilst I agree with CaleyD that Hamilton stretch the rules to breaking point, I would note that Innes also has the full range of shirt tugs, nudges and body-checks, and he keeps having to use them when (as is often) he gets caught for pace. I'm not a fan - I would have Rossco in the centre, Duff back at right back where he was playing well earlier this season, and Duncan in the centre of midfield.

Has the time come for us to ditch 4-2-3-1? Against Hamilton, St. Mirren and Killie here we have looked light in midfield and struggled because of it. That said, changing to a 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-3 potentially means no place for Sanchez, I guess.

Like the St. Mirren and St. Johnstone games, today could have gone either way - we lost those two and today we drew. On another day Duncan would have scored late on and we would have nicked it. C'est la vie.

• Agree 2

Duncan and Hayes shouldve started. End of.

As soon as Duncan came on the defensive side of the midfield bulked up quite sufficently which i felt was lacking and Hayes looked fit enough to have done an hour.

I was dissapointed with todays result but encouraged by parts of the performance. Sanchez was brilliant, Ross worked his socks off and i thought Shinnie did well against Dougie, who i think was struggling to cope with the stick i think, wish i could care.

Not sure bout the pen, thought it was soft but need another look. Dissapointed with the 2nd half, felt it dragged on too much and silly mistakes started to creep in, so a point was probably fair.

I still think the squad looks a bit stale and i hope 1 or 2 are brought in before the transfer market shuts.

• Agree 1