FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Player Salaries/Contracts

CaleyD

I am led to believe that Mr Savage has been in discussion with CC and many of the players about increased salaries/contracts and I would expect some news on this front in the not too distant future.

Although the source is reliable it's not official so I shall leave it here in the Rumour Mill to keep IHE happy  :004:

I hope that Savage doesn't go too overboard.  Unless internally the players have raised something about their wages being so much lower then other teams in the SPL, and that is the stumbling block over contracts.

I would hate to start seeing some players getting pre-madonna on our *****, and the whole team suffering as a result.

If we are going to attract better players to Inverness then salaries need to be upped a fair bit. They should still, however, remain similar across all the team so as not to nurture the primadona aspect. Mr Savage did state he would be investing in the club. Perhaps he'll take on some of the wage bill.

I think I understand;

We should be giving the players as much money as we can.  However, we shouldn't be giving them too much as to get ourselves into serious problems, or borrowing money off the bank.  If I am right, we are still the only club who aren't really in debt with the bank, and so as long as we could offer them a stable amount of money that will not in anyway put our financial accounts into problems, unlike what other teams have done.

As obvious as the fiscal prudence thing is there is real pressure to raise wage levels and the only way to do that without reliance on a sugar daddy is to inject life into the revenue generation schemes - it will take years to build up our gates/ticket sales to seriously increase revenues we have at our disposal for fooballers and without regular cup runs we will end up borrowing money just to preserve the wages at current levels.

I'm sure our Chairman has his thinking cap on though , watch this space.